Should Angela Be Pregnant?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Should Angela Be Pregnant?

Post by HollandBlue »

I wondered if Angela got pregnant too. Her increasing fatigue may suggest it since that is one of the first signs of pregnancy. I would have liked the book better if it had ended with an announcement of Angela being pregnant, since it was a recurring theme in the past lives. I feel it would have been a more satisfying ending.
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
Juliar252
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliar252.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Juliar252 »

I agree that Angela should be pregnant by the end of the book. I think it would have added another layer to her character and left room for a potential sequel.
Tamorie Hargro
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Billy Summers
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamorie-hargro.html
Latest Review: Teardrops by Helen Burger
Reading Device: B083JVJQH4

Post by Tamorie Hargro »

Juliar252 wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 18:36 I agree that Angela should be pregnant by the end of the book. I think it would have added another layer to her character and left room for a potential sequel.
Well, I do think that there's definitely going to be a sequel, considering the subtitle of the story and the way it ended, leaving room for more mysteries. However, I think the pregnancy factor may have added another layer of mystery to make me anticipant of the sequel even more than I am already! Thinking, "If she's pregnant like her two past lives, has the curse really been lifted?" I would have loved another layer like this one :)
J.K. Rowling - Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. 🔥
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

If this were real life, then it would be realistic to find Angela pregnant. Maybe she will be in the sequel.
serendipity 27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serendipity-27.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by serendipity 27 »

I think that it's important that there is some distinction between Angela's life and circumstances than her past lives. By her not being pregnant she is breaking from her past and the cyclical relationships that she had in the past. I don't think it would have mattered if she was but it wasn't necessary for her to be pregnant.
Give me the courage to get through this week...or at least a big bar of chocolate :D
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I kept expecting her to get pregnant, especially since both Sophia and Fioretta were, but, was surprised when it didn't happen.
Julie Petitbon
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Currently Reading: Becoming Michele Obama
Bookshelf Size: 699
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-petitbon.html
Latest Review: Sophia Violet and the Fiery Orb by Evangeline Greene
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Julie Petitbon »

It seems like a logical step, as it would mirror the lives of Fioretta and Sophia. But Angela and Alex haven't been together long, so the author might choose to send them on a few adventures before introducing a baby.
Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Jajachris »

420waystoreachthesun wrote: 07 Jul 2018, 03:19 No, I don't think she should. I don't know why there is a human fixation with pregnancy. The world is imploding.
I was thinking of the exact, same thing! Her emotional state may have even affected her hormonal function, which can be a factor to her getting pregnant.
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

I had never thought about it when reading the story but I can see your point. I don’t think a baby could ever hurt a story. It probably would have made sense for Angela to be pregnant in the end like the other two, but I can also see where maybe the author was trying to show that they are controlling their own lives. It wasn’t true control though without the birth control. As you said, that part is unrealistic.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

I agree that it would follow that she should have ended up pregnant to follow in the footsteps of her past lives.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

I also that that the lack of birth control or protection is simply a product of the romance genre. That's usually just not mentioned.
Reema Aydieh
Currently Reading: Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reema-aydieh.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Reema Aydieh »

I wouldn't say she should be pregnant just because Sophia and Fioretta ended up having kids. But I think it's possible that she is. It feels like that's the next step for them because it was mentioned in the book a couple of times how Alex wanted to have kids with her.
“Just keep swimming.”
Reema Aydieh
Currently Reading: Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reema-aydieh.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Reema Aydieh »

I wouldn't say she should be pregnant just because Sophia and Fioretta ended up having kids. But I think it's possible that she is. It feels like that's the next step for them because it was mentioned in the book a couple of times how Alex wanted to have kids with her.
“Just keep swimming.”
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

With so many making out scenes that they have engaged in, I also expected the book to end with Angela pregnant. And there was also at some point in a book where alex was talking about how he could get her pregnant and how even if he pregnates her he will rather be happy. Since the author did not announce it, I personally think that it was concluded without being mentioned. Perhaps the author forgot 😌
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Ashna_Tibrewal_7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashna-tibrewal-7.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Ashna_Tibrewal_7 »

Yes, realistically speaking using no protection whatsoever for all sex scenes would end up with her being pregnant. It encourages readers for unprotected sex without showing the pregnancy can happen.

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”