Should Angela Be Pregnant?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
kelvinmwaniki17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinmwaniki17.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Re: Should Angela Be Pregnant?

Post by kelvinmwaniki17 »

I don't think it is necessary for Angela to be pregnant because of all the sex scenes. I think it all depends on the authors motive for giving Angela the inability of not giving birth.
jay_2
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-2.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by jay_2 »

I was wondering the same thing! It’s for sure a possibility. I’m honestly quite surprised that no ones mentioned it. But I read this last comment, and right on! The timing was quickly so maybe Angela doesn’t know and that just gives me hope haha :)
Kajoba
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kajoba »

The fact that Alex mentioned it once implies that chances of her getting pregnant were limited by factors
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 773
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Tamorie21 wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 20:25
ValBookReviews wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 06:45 I agree. With all that explicit sex, yes Angela should have been pregnant. And I further think the story couldn't get any worst.
It just seemed like the story would surely flow in that direction, no? I definitely have formed an agreement with the others in this forum who understand that pregancies are sometimes much more complex than what we make them seem, but with how easily everything seemed to be (and how much they went at it) pregancy just seemed like the only way for the story to progress after some point.
Thank you! I think that certainly settles the matter. :tiphat:
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Nelsy Mtsweni
Currently Reading: The Other Side of Him
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsnel006.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Nelsy Mtsweni »

She might have not been pregnant at the end of the book because the author doesn't want almost all the female leading characters in the book end up being pregnant.
A day is not measured by the harvest that you collect, but by the seeds that you plant.
Lil Reads
Currently Reading: Chip’s World: Complex #31 and The Caretaker
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lil-reads.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Lil Reads »

AngharadB wrote: 11 Jul 2018, 09:33 Lots of women have trouble conceiving even when they are trying so it’s not implausible that someone doesn’t conceive even with unprotected sex.
Exactly! Sometimes there are unknown fertility issues, sometimes timing is off. There is also this idea that when women are too stressed about getting pregnant, they can't get pregnant, but the moment the women stop worrying, pregnancy happens.

Of course, then there is the opposite scenario - even when both partners use protection, pregnancy can occur.
:coffee3-smiley: :auto-mysterymachine:
willinkei
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by willinkei »

for me no Angela shouldn't get pregnant because after all in a relationship people always expect a child and maybe it wouldn't be curious if we expect an obvious thing for it to be interesting Angela shouldn't get pregnant.
Dusamae
Favorite Book: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dusamae.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis

Post by Dusamae »

To be honest, I expected that she would be pregnant like the other but when she wasn't I assumed that was one of the things that helped break the ties of the past and the curse of the painting. I also expected that she would be in the next book.
pixiequeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pixiequeer.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by pixiequeer »

Well, at one point, Alex did think to himself about how they hadn't been using protection, so he thought maybe she was on birth control, but then maybe not. But then he furthered his thought with how he wasn't bothered by not using protection and may even want a child with Angela.

However, it is not something they ever had discussed. I honestly waited for some indication that she would be pregnant, but maybe she wasn't in order to make the reader think.

I have three thoughts in regards to this:

1. Maybe it was a sign that history wasn't going to repeat itself so Angela and Alex could move on with their lives together once they found the painting.

2. Maybe she was, realistically speaking, and the author just didn't tell us because it was the only part of history that hadn't repeated itself aside from Alex not dying this time.

3. This whole story unravelled over a time span of only a month, which also, realistically speaking, is not long enough to get a positive pregnancy test, and that also isn't even taking into account the fact that they weren't sexually active that entire time either.
Gracedscribe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gracedscribe.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Gracedscribe »

Maybe they did use protection and the author just didn't mention it? :roll: Hehe.. Alternatively, I liked the idea that maybe the pregnancy is a starting point for the next book in the series.
booklysis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklysis.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by booklysis »

actually she is really emotional. So, i agree with your point. It's logical for her to become pregnant.
Taekwondoqueen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taekwondoqueen.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by Taekwondoqueen »

This was exactly what I have been wondering about! I figured that, since this was a ride of fate, this part of it would go on as it did with the other two past legacy’s. I really wanted her to get pregnant and I thought that that would be what the epilogue was going to be about. Maybe, since this is the first book of the series, things will change.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

Yes she should be pregnant.
David Horta Alonso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-horta-alonso.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by David Horta Alonso »

As the leading characters, expectations are high on them to get a child. After all, other characters in the book get pregnant. Anyway, Idon't think it is a must that they conceive a baby. Maybe, the author used the scenario to address the plight of parents encumbered with child birth problems.
jjmainor
Currently Reading: The House Where Evil Dwells...Thirteen Tells
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjmainor.html
Latest Review: Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1) by Greg Spry

Post by jjmainor »

v i n wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 06:51 both Floretta and Sophia tales ended up with pregnancy and birth. i was shocked to find out at the end that Angela never get pregnant, given that her sex life with Alex never recorded any history of protection.
"I'm not finished yet, and I'm shocked to hear this. The first time they had sex, I "knew" she was getting pregnant, and I thought she was stupid for not making that connection herself when she's been witnessing the past lives and finding they play out to similarly. It is shocking to learn that it isn't happening.

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”