Romance Scenes

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Re: Romance Scenes

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I would agree with you on this one. The romance and sex scenes were definitely rushed, and had a taste of high-school teenage love in it.
Ify-babe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-babe.html
Latest Review: The Spiritual Game of Golf . . . and of life by Gerald Collier Davis

Post by Ify-babe »

Not all books are explicit with their sex scenes. Harlequin will be the best books for that.
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

I am a fan of romance, but not necessarily sexual content. I felt there was way too much of it in this book. It seemed like all these characters had on their minds was sex.
AshEileen2013
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asheileen2013.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by AshEileen2013 »

AlexisLib wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 20:02 I thought the sex scenes were well written and I enjoyed them, but there were far too many of them. I was like, I get it, they have good sex and a strong emotional connection, let's get back to the plot about the painting. It's funny because in a different book, I got tired of the battle scenes and I thought it was more because I don't like battle scenes, but I do like sex scenes and even I had enough of them lol. I think authors often think they need to show every little nuance (for example, of their growing connection tied into the sex) but readers don't need to have that illustrated as much as authors think they do. Two or three scenes of the same thing are enough to show progression.
Yes I wanted so much more of the plot. It was still a good read overall but I wanted so much more detail of their actual adventure. Sex in books less is more unless I'm pulling an erotica off the shelf. :oops:
AshEileen2013
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asheileen2013.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by AshEileen2013 »

serendipity 27 wrote: 19 Nov 2018, 11:52 I thought the romance scenes were okay, but what I didn't like was how they met. I thought it was weird and I couldn't really relate to it. I guess the scenes were rushed because they technically already knew each other in previous lives. I do wish the author could have included more scenes about the past since I love history.
100% this! I would have loved to know more about their past lives.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

I think that this book felt more like a romance than an action book and the numerous sex scenes added to that. If you were looking for more action they do feel out of place, but fit for a romance.
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

AshEileen2013 wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 11:59 I absolutely don't mind reading sexual interactions, but did anyone else find these encounters rushed. I felt like I was reading a teenagers work in most of the scenes and for how short and snippy they were, there was way too much of it. I felt like the novel was more about the sex once we hit the middle than about the actual adventure in the book.
Well you are not alone on that, I also found this sexual content way too much for my liking. This story could have just continued without it. This part of the book have really got me so worked out to reading the book.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

Medhansh Bhardwaj wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 03:14 I would agree with you on this one. The romance and sex scenes were definitely rushed, and had a taste of high-school teenage love in it.
😅😅😅 Honestly, this a whole fact. I really found it difficult to finish the book off, I was getting impatient everytime I got to meet up the scenes. It was no longer interesting.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Andrada Madalina
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrada-madalina.html
Latest Review: The Butterfly Cage by Rachel Zemach
Reading Device: B014LQ6EKI

Post by Andrada Madalina »

I do not think that the encounters between Alex and Angela were rushed. I appreciated his decency in not taking advantage of Angela's vulnerability and loved their synergy and intense romance.
Odindi Omo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odindi-omo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Odindi Omo »

I think the sex scenes in this book was perfect. It was not excessive yet it was immature or nonsense. The perfect word for it is passionate matures content.
Ashna_Tibrewal_7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashna-tibrewal-7.html

Post by Ashna_Tibrewal_7 »

The book sacrificed quality for quantity in sex scenes but the rush scenes has a different vibe for teenagers.
Ashna_Tibrewal_7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashna-tibrewal-7.html

Post by Ashna_Tibrewal_7 »

The book does include more sex than I thought it would but still managed to work with plot and romance development.
Monica Omonigho Bennymoore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monica-omonigho-bennymoore.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Monica Omonigho Bennymoore »

I loved the sex scenes as it was so apt for the story. The sexual attraction dates back 3 generations, little wonders while the bond was so strong.
Mellino Itz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

I think the sex scene is a bit over the limit considering my expectation as I began reading this book. A book on a missing art, mystery, paranormal, I expect so much adventure and action which I could not get at some point.
Favy Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Favy Moses »

I do love romance books especially young people in love can be interesting in the case of Angela and Alex, there are both very passionate and realistic.

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”