Overall rating and opinion of "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo

Use this forum to discuss August 2018 book of the month "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo.
Sahar Majid
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahar-majid.html
Latest Review: Iron Crossed by Renata Rose and Phil Rose

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo

Post by Sahar Majid »

I am currently reading this book and I must say, it was certainly a pleasant surprise.I don't usually read such books anymore but I'm glad I read this one. I am almost almost done reading it and although I haven't finish it yet I think if I had to, I'd determine my rating as 3 out of 4 stars.
Lottie_Elsie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lottie-elsie.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Lottie_Elsie »

Just from the comments here I'm already excited to read the book. Thanks!
Harley-Panda
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harley-panda.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by Harley-Panda »

This book was incredible, and a little scary because the major events which occurred to make the world as it was in the story could feasibly happen. The storyline was full of excitement and intense moments, it was so gripping that there were many times where I told myself "just 1 more chapter" and then still continued to read on well after that. I don't often read books with so much action involved but I couldn't put this one down.
The characters were interesting and shrouded in mystery which invites the reader to continue reading to find out more about them.
Overall, I would give the book 4 out of 4 stars. It's a truly great story and very well-written. I would recommend this book to any adult reader who enjoys action, science fiction and dystopia novels.
I go to seek a Great Perhaps
haleygerstenberg
Currently Reading: Amusing ourselves to death
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haleygerstenberg.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by haleygerstenberg »

Riszell wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 19:42 Anything related to future is interesting. There's a strong possibility that the plot of the story could happen, as the same could be said happening in other places right now. So I think it is best to recommend this book to everyone as it prepares us for the future that could occur or help us prevent a dreadful event and stop such a possible devastating way of living.
yeah, it's definitely one of those things where (if you don't just ignore it) you either end up scared or taking action.
Kinkini
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinkini.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by Kinkini »

I am halfway through the book and will soon finish reading it. Enjoying it to the core.
Regards,
Kinkini
A Bookworm
sirchijioke
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sirchijioke »

I'm a writer which means I have read a lot books to start with and I was kinda writing a plot on a new book I was writing with the same futuristic kind of setting and I needed ideas so I pick up a lot of books and got the one which I can advice any other writer to do so because I has this mixture of realistic and futuristic combined together equally. Well it is a really nice book to be short, I rate it 3 stars out of 4 stars
Shanna29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanna29.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B01DZJFWNC

Post by Shanna29 »

I haven't read the book yet. I will be reading this book as sooner as I can and I have it my reading list. I loved the review and the sci-fi with action genre is what makes me want to go for this one.
ashpres12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashpres12.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by ashpres12 »

Riszell wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 19:42 Anything related to future is interesting. There's a strong possibility that the plot of the story could happen, as the same could be said happening in other places right now. So I think it is best to recommend this book to everyone as it prepares us for the future that could occur or help us prevent a dreadful event and stop such a possible devastating way of living.
I agree that anything coming out (book or movie) related to the future could occur. It is eye opening that our world could be like this, although I am sure some people would disagree. I also agree with your point that being prepared for events like this is a good idea. Maybe those whose eyes are opened by this could help in the prevention of our world falling apart completely. FIngers crossed that something like that happens soon!
Saad Mirza
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Saad Mirza »

Absolutely love the book. The story started really strong, and I loved how well-detailed action scenes were. I loved that it was set in the future.
Juliar252
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliar252.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Juliar252 »

I haven't read this yet, but it sounds incredibly interesting. I love futuristic novels, and this premise: the world being taken over by Supercorporations, doesn't sound too far off. I mean, yes, we technically have laws against monopolizing certain businesses but I wouldn't be surprised if this scenario occurred and left a world of exaggerated consumerism. I am definitely putting this on my list of books to read, I find sci-fi and action novels incredibly captivating and fun to read.
Kgaelsdottir
Currently Reading: Good Omens
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kgaelsdottir.html
Latest Review: Final Report by Jeff Shear

Post by Kgaelsdottir »

I love books like this--even if they're cautionary tales, as many dystopian books are. They engage imagination and perhaps offer suggestions as to how to combat a proposed future. The more I read others' reviews, the more I want to read it, too. ;)
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 553
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

In my opinion, the book World Incorporated is futuristic and allow us to glance, at the ways of the corporations work in the future. I like the plot of the story and its main character Silver, who accomplishes his missions with dedication and eliminates the homegrown terrorists with a precise methodology.
classic man
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by classic man »

I'm currently reading this book
and it very interesting
kudos to book club
ShareTheGift
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharethegift.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by ShareTheGift »

I enjoyed the review. SciFi and future is really not my interest recently. I read a couple already this year and they seemed so similar.

The review did make it sound a little different so perhaps next month after I read a couple more books. Right now I am reading in a book in the horror genre.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

Not read this book yet but an action thriller that it is will make me give it a go. Adding this to my want to read library.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White

Return to “Discuss "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo”