Overall rating and opinion of "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo

Use this forum to discuss August 2018 book of the month "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo

Post by Misael Carlos »

The reviews of this book piqued my interest. Though not keen on action genre, and some readers commenting its similarity with Bourne Identity, I would love to hop in the action caravan and try this.
joellas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joellas.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by joellas »

I haven't read the book yet, but am putting it on my to do list and adding it to my bookshelves. I like the reviews and am looking forward to reading.
primeRex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-primerex.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by primeRex »

My take from the book "World Incorporated" is that sci-fi stories set in the future are relevant because they forecast the future, giving hints as to what the future my look like. Take the movie "I Robot" for example- today robots are fast being put to use. They have even been lunched into space!

I feel the characters should have been developed just a little more aside only Silver.
Shani1219
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Shani1219 »

I gave it a 4 out 4 stars. Sliver's character was the most interesting to unravel. The other characters probably needed a little more depth, but I still think it is an excellent read.
PoisonWhiteRose
Currently Reading: Lion Heart
Bookshelf Size: 1967
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poisonwhiterose.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by PoisonWhiteRose »

The book's description makes it seem as though it might be an interesting read if very key things are kept in mind. I have just downloaded it and am starting to read it. Hopefully it will not let me down.
"I spent my life folded between the pages of books.My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together.”
― Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me"

Raquel M.
Ksharmilla
Currently Reading: Going Wild
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksharmilla.html

Post by Ksharmilla »

It is not a book I want to finish reading. The sample was good, but I feel like every novel now is dystopian and I am trying to stay away from those types of novels.
teevic_o
Currently Reading: Paladin
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teevic-o.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by teevic_o »

I'm a fan of dystopian. Mixed together with action? I'm sold. Definitely going on my to read shelf.
somersas13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-somersas13.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by somersas13 »

I really enjoyed this book because it stirred up a lot of feelings about the current political climate. In the same way that Margaret Atwood's novel, "The Handmaid's Tale" has become a reflective dystopia about what could very well happen here if we aren't cautious, I felt the same way about this book from an economic standpoint. Similar to what some other reviewers pointed out, I thought that the minor characters could've been fully developed more, but otherwise I rated this book extremely high and would definitely recommend it to friends who enjoy the genre.
Shaza9190
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaza9190.html
Latest Review: Keys to Tetouan by Mois Benarroch

Post by Shaza9190 »

I havent read the book yet, but i would like to give it a reading. I like action books abd and this seems to match my choice.
Maria-Goretti Amarachi Okechi - Catherine
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catherine-amarachi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Maria-Goretti Amarachi Okechi - Catherine »

Wow, it's true that I haven't read the book but most of the reviews I've seen on it seems very encouraging.. I'll definitely give it a try.
Bavithra M
Currently Reading: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bavithra-m.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Bavithra M »

The book "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo is based on science and fiction. This book depicts the future. I really liked the book in the begnining but later this book started boring in the halfway.This book failed to meet the expectation that it created in the begining. I rate the book 3 out 4 because I was very much inspired and facinated by Silver's character
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

In the book World, incorporated I loved how well-detailed the action scenes were. Also the characters were well presented and so I would rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
StormBorn1721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by StormBorn1721 »

The official review has attracted me to this novel. I have yet to read this book but it is on my list!
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

I indeed agree! An action-packed, futuristic, scIence-fiction story with a hinch of reality sounds like a great read! I think all of us should grab a copy and be aware of what’s to come! Based on its relevance I believe this one’s a 4 out of 4 stars, reason why it’s August’s #BOTM👏👏👏 Congrats to the author! :tiphat:
writer808
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writer808.html
Latest Review: The Chest of Visions by Tim Ferguson

Post by writer808 »

4 out of 4 stars. A very well composed book., filled with action. Its an absolute thriller.

Return to “Discuss "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo”