Is this book good to be adopted in to a movie?

Use this forum to discuss August 2018 book of the month "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo.
Jayhemhigh
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War
Bookshelf Size: 6

Re: Is this book good to be adopted in to a movie?

Post by Jayhemhigh »

Yes, adopting this book in a movie, will be a great deal, and more realistic than when you see it in word. I personally would love to see this book as a story line for a movie.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

I have not read the entire book as yet but I can recall watching some movies which carry some similarities to few of the scenes depicted in this book. I know it would be a hit as a movie.
Fu Zaila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1067
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzaila.html
Latest Review: What's Your Favorite Color? by Amber L Lassiter

Post by Fu Zaila »

With the right VFX artists and some talented actors, plus some good direction, any book can make a good movie, much less this book. It has to stay true to the book though, unlike Allegiant, which screwed up the ending.
"Create your own identity. Let it be unique for yourself yet identifiable for others." :tiphat:
allyziemage
Currently Reading: Confessor
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allyziemage.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by allyziemage »

Honestly, I would be excited to see this as a movie. While I have not finished the book quite yet, the action and plot so far is really interesting and captivates me as a reader; I can only imagine how well that would transfer into a movie when done correctly. I think it would be especially good if they keep the way the book reveals small portions of new information at a time. Starts out of a pretty basic wheat field, could be anywhere, with a really futuristic aircraft. Then there's a large portrait of Reagan. Those small bits of information at a time really made me interested in the start of the book.
Omari Levi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Omari Levi »

Most books seem to become transformed into a movie, but when this occurs most parts of the book do t get included into the actual movie.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I would say the news articles sections might be hard to incorporate into a movie. Unless, Kelly watched video clips of the past 50 years rather than reading about it.

The Reclamation description would be both interesting and disturbing to see, which might be good in a movie form.
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

hsimone wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 10:51 I would say the news articles sections might be hard to incorporate into a movie. Unless, Kelly watched video clips of the past 50 years rather than reading about it.

The Reclamation description would be both interesting and disturbing to see, which might be good in a movie form.
You're so right. It would be really difficult for the news articles to be translated. For this film adaptation to work, I would actually suggest something like scrapping the idea that Kelly doesn't know anything about the new world altogether. Then the world as it is could be introduced more organically. But what do I know? I suppose it's for the screenwriters :)
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Dabuddhababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dabuddhababe.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Dabuddhababe »

The scene that Kelly and Silver got caught up in the war. That scene would make for a great movie. I think it needs to be slightly longer, more action. All in all I believe it would make a great movie.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

The action scenes in this book are definitely would be eye-catching. And maybe who knows, it can be made into a movie. The real question is if it's a good one or a bad one.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
gingzkieging
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by gingzkieging »

This will be a blockbuster movie. Any futuristic event in the movies today will be a hit to anyone.
eunice chongo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by eunice chongo »

yes seeing this book for me l must that it can be a good movie and very interested too.
msk350
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msk350.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by msk350 »

hsimone wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 10:51 I would say the news articles sections might be hard to incorporate into a movie. Unless, Kelly watched video clips of the past 50 years rather than reading about it.

I agree that the news section would probably be the one of the toughest parts to translate to a screen. It could maybe be done by showing some of the events as Sliver's flashbacks spread throughout the movie. I think that this book had a lot of action scenes which would be great in a movie, but also not particularly original by themselves. What could really make it stand out as a movie would be if all of the dystopian parts were given an equal amount of screen time as the assassinations and battles. I think this could attract a wider audience, including couples where one person may prefer the action and the other may prefer the philosophical parts.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

I am reading the first part of the book as Kelly is going through all the articles of how all of it started. I am not sure this part would hold up in a movie. I love how the author constructed this so that we read and find out how America fell and what happened to the government, but a lot of it is reading with no dialogue, and while I love this for a book, the movie would have to do re-enactments or actually have it play out and then go forward into the future. I think with some adaptions, then yes. But, it won't be able to follow the book format as it is now.
Everything happens for a reason...
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lesler »

I think it would be a great movie. Tom Cruise could play Sliver easily. The HQ would be hard to replicate though.
Beth KG
Favorite Book: Time and Again
Currently Reading: Practice the Jealous Arts
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beth-kg.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Beth KG »

by Beth KG

Oh yes, this would make a great movie! I don't think it would be at all hard to adapt and it seems to fit in with a lot of currently popular themes.

Return to “Discuss "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo”