Which character did you identify with the most?

Use this forum to discuss August 2018 book of the month "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo.
Keevan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keevan.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

Re: Which character did you identify with the most?

Post by Keevan »

ValBookReviews wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 23:48 Of course, I am drawn to Agent Silver the most. But under better and different circumstances would I want to be like him.
Hi. I totally agree with you. Hands down, Agent Silver. I also agree that the scenario would definitely have to be completely different for me to want to be like him.
WendyNorth
Currently Reading: My Author Is Dead
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendynorth.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by WendyNorth »

To be completely honest, I had a hard time identifying with any of the characters. Maybe Sliver if I have to pick someone? Only because I understand the pressure and discontentment of sometimes just having to follow your role, and do what you need to do, whether you like it or not.
Beth KG
Favorite Book: Time and Again
Currently Reading: Practice the Jealous Arts
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beth-kg.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Beth KG »

WendyNorth wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 16:11 To be completely honest, I had a hard time identifying with any of the characters. Maybe Sliver if I have to pick someone? Only because I understand the pressure and discontentment of sometimes just having to follow your role, and do what you need to do, whether you like it or not.
Yes, I chose Sliver as well, but hope I would not actually be like him. I did enjoy the fun things about his character, like being very strong.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I would identify with Kelly in some circumstances but in life, you may find yourself doing what was not your intention hence will most likely behave like Agent Silver. This is a perfect example since he was also able to change positively.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

WendyNorth wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 16:11 To be completely honest, I had a hard time identifying with any of the characters. Maybe Sliver if I have to pick someone? Only because I understand the pressure and discontentment of sometimes just having to follow your role, and do what you need to do, whether you like it or not.
This is my view also. It is at times difficult to understand why you will have to do something especially when it is in your role to do so though you may not necessarily like doing it.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

It seems Agent Silver is getting a nod of approval from many.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

Sharon2056 wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 07:53 I loved Rex and the fact that he was half human but ended up with so much compassion as that of human, makes him my favorite.
He was definitely the most human out of all of the characters. That's how I felt, at least :)
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
Bianka Walter
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

So, I tend to agree here. I felt no attachment to ANY of the characters. I don't think I can pick one that I identify with the most, because there are none.
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
sanykip
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanykip.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by sanykip »

I really loved the fact that Agent silver took things around in the whole story. i was impressed with His character throughout.
Beth KG

Post by Beth KG »

sanykip wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 05:50 I really loved the fact that Agent silver took things around in the whole story. i was impressed with His character throughout.
Appreciate your comments. Things did center around Sliver for sure.
Power Onyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-power-onyango.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Power Onyango »

I could see myself in agent Silver personality. He has his flaws and weaknesses. Circumstances compel him into becoming a kidnapper
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 773
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

kvlegaux wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 12:31
ValBookReviews wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 23:48 Of course, I am drawn to Agent Silver the most. But under better and different circumstances would I want to be like him.
Hi. I totally agree with you. Hands down, Agent Silver. I also agree that the scenario would definitely have to be completely different for me to want to be like him.
Hello. Yes indeed! :tiphat:
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Beth KG

Post by Beth KG »

Power Onyango wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 23:39 I could see myself in agent Silver personality. He has his flaws and weaknesses. Circumstances compel him into becoming a kidnapper
Yes, he found himself in very strange circumstances and brainwashed into doing things he would not otherwise have done. Nevertheless, I still identified with many aspects of his personality.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Killing Shore
Bookshelf Size: 2389
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I don´t think I truly identify with one of them. There´s Rex´s compassion, which I´d like to think I have, and Kelly´s innocence, but I think my choice would be Sliver.
Even though it´s not a complete identification, because I´m not an assassin, I think we see him evolve and transform and curiosity was a central part of his character and I´m terribly curious and feel like I´m also evolving from overcoming many set ideas and/or prejudices that my religion and upbringing have set on me. So, I don´t know how I would react to all the training and hardships that Sliver had to endure, but I can relate to that facet.
Beth KG

Post by Beth KG »

Lunastella wrote: 03 Sep 2018, 18:56 I don´t think I truly identify with one of them. There´s Rex´s compassion, which I´d like to think I have, and Kelly´s innocence, but I think my choice would be Sliver.
Even though it´s not a complete identification, because I´m not an assassin, I think we see him evolve and transform and curiosity was a central part of his character and I´m terribly curious and feel like I´m also evolving from overcoming many set ideas and/or prejudices that my religion and upbringing have set on me. So, I don´t know how I would react to all the training and hardships that Sliver had to endure, but I can relate to that facet.
Very insightful comments. :)

Return to “Discuss "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo”