how obvious was it that kelly was going to die?

Use this forum to discuss August 2018 book of the month "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo.
Nnamdi Sam
Currently Reading: Ripcord Recovery
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: how obvious was it that kelly was going to die?

Post by Nnamdi Sam »

It also came as a suprise to me.I also thought someone was going to die in the form of silver been pushed over the edge. It's so intriguing
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dael Reader »

I was surprised that Kelly died, because I thought she was the most interesting part of the story. I didn't care about Sliver that much, so her death brought my interest to an end.
Acab1606
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acab1606.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Acab1606 »

I agree and was anticipating a devastating end for someone. Admittedly, I was surprised it was Kelly. I think because she was so innocent I didn't want it to be her character who met that horrible fate but it all came together in the end.
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

There was a possibility of someone Sliver loved dying in the end to punish him and Kelly was the most obvious one.
Shalomsamuels1
Favorite Book: Worm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shalomsamuels1.html
Latest Review: Executive Hoodlum by John Costello

Post by Shalomsamuels1 »

Beth KG wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 17:22
Shalomsamuels1 wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 10:04 due to gariffo lack of character building, it was inevitable that someone had to die to give some sort of emotion to the book. at first i thought it would probably be sliver who dies in the end to save kelly, (proving that he still can love) but then i saw they werent getting to his revelation soon so i surmised kelly must die.
Kelly's death caught me completely by surprise! It just seemed to happen so suddenly. I thought she was going to be Sliver's love interest, to tell the truth.
I originally thought so, but it wasn't getting anywhere. It was pretty stagnant and bland.
Sahar Majid
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahar-majid.html
Latest Review: Iron Crossed by Renata Rose and Phil Rose

Post by Sahar Majid »

Honestly I wasn't too surprised. Initially I thought Silver would die but that seemed too predictable and so I kept the possibility of Kelly dying at the back of my mind. I figured that if the author decided to kill her off instead there would be a shock factor to it that everyone would respond positively to.
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

I've read a webcomic with them same characteristics with Sliver, and the ending of the season 4 of that webcomic is his mentor died and drove him to the edge. So I already suspected that someone would die but I didn't know it will be kelly.
Amanda Nixon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nixon.html
Latest Review: Saving Grace by Kathryn Garten

Post by Amanda Nixon »

Wahu_m wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 23:36 It caught me by surprise, I thought it would be Silver who dies.
That is what I thought for a while as well. It took me a little bit to guess differently.
Harley-Panda
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harley-panda.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by Harley-Panda »

I did have an inkling that she might. Either that or there would be some Stockholm Syndrome effects which made her fall for Sliver.
I think Kelly was a good character, however, it was quite obvious from the beginning that her character was just a tool to show Sliver's character development. I think if she'd spoken more about how her life was before Sliver picked her up then it might not have been so obvious as it would have shown her as more of a deep-rooted character.
I go to seek a Great Perhaps
ashpres12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashpres12.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by ashpres12 »

kdstrack wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 16:49 The author did a good job of creating suspense. I never thought Sliver would die. From the very beginning, he had a strong drive to survive. But, as we know, superheros cannot have girlfriends. Look what Lois did to Superman! (007, Bourne, Spiderman, etc.) It's always the girl that dies. Superheros need to be unfettered. This story follows the same story line.
In certain stories, I find it unfortunate that the leading lady of the superhero always has to come to an end. They are likable sometimes! I find it intriguing that the author chose to follow this storyline because it is not something that every reader would catch on to. Kudos to the author for doing this storyline well. :tiphat:
Zain A Blade
Favorite Book: Find You and Find Everything
Currently Reading: The End of the Beginning
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zain-a-blade.html
Latest Review: Swordpoint by David Crane

Post by Zain A Blade »

I didn't think anyone was going to die. A happy ending would have suited me more.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

I didn't think that Kelly would die like that. It was a surprise to me. Her death did affect Sliver but her character was not well developed enough for the reader to feel too emotional about it.
Bavithra M
Currently Reading: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bavithra-m.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Bavithra M »

i never expected Kelly will die. Kelly's death was not obvious for me but it was suprising for me
---
HaTsundereMiku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hatsunderemiku.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by HaTsundereMiku »

You know, originally I had thought Silver would die and that maybe Kellys would avenge him or something. I was very saddened when Gariffo killed Kelly. I actually adored her and was rooting for the small farm girl since the beginning.
Ashley Cremer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-cremer.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Ashley Cremer »

I actually didn't see this coming at all. I was very surprised when she died. I even thought that maybe she wasn't dead and Rex could save her but obviously that didn't happen.

Return to “Discuss "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo”