Overall rating and opinion of "Apollo's Raven"

Use this forum to discuss the September Book of the Month "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner.
Jerrybaranna123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerrybaranna123.html
Latest Review: Why Are You Crying, Mama? by Thang Za Dal

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Apollo's Raven"

Post by Jerrybaranna123 »

The book is fantastic. It was a trip back in time, and I was impressed by the author's thorough depictions of ancient civilizations. I enjoyed how the relationship between Catrin and Marcellus was created. While I'm waiting to add it to my reading list, I'll be sure to suggest it to others who might find it interesting.
Gena Ver
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gena-ver.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Gena Ver »

Apollo’s Raven is a great magical escape that offers its readers a time traveling journey into the Celtic region of Brittania, near Durovernum, the Cantiaci capital. The story gives great detail and background into various character perspectives, and their diverging motives, such as between Lucius Antonius and his son Marcellus Antonius. It was captivating to read some of the historical and political influences throughout the story’s plot line, such as the powerful, and flourishing, Roman forces seeking to expand their control towards Brittania during the period of 24AD. The strong clashing political, and family dynamics, that continued to build throughout the story also captured my attention, and was the aspect I enjoyed most, as it seemed most the main characters struggled to balance their own desires, and motives, with the expectations set by their family.The individual internal struggles each of the main characters had with the duty bound expectations of their family was something they shared, although the characters may not at first realized it. The only aspect that I liked least and thought could be improved upon was the trustworthiness felt between Catrin and Marcellus. It seemed at times that they’re relationship was growing stronger, but then they each kept questioning each other's motives after new family expectations were addressed to them. Overall, this was a splendid book with enriching historical influences inspired by Celtic mythology and folklore, which captures its readers into its magical world of dark and creative forces working with and against each other. I would highly recommend this book to young and older adults, particularly those interested in historical based novels.
Samuel Okoye 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuel-okoye-2.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Samuel Okoye 2 »

I loved the way the author combined history, fantacy, mythology, and a little bit of romance. Every element seemed to have been added in appropriate measures. It's a 4 out of 4 for me.

Return to “Discuss "Apollo's Raven" by Linnea Tanner”