Supernatural and Horror/Spooky Tales Book Discussion

For October 2018, we will be reading supernatural and/or horror/spooky tales.
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Supernatural and Horror/Spooky Tales Book Discussion

Post by HollandBlue »

I still haven't gotten to 'Anatomy of a Ghost', but I have added 2 more books to my TBR Halloween list-'Undead Redhead' and 'Monsterland'. Looks like I won't get to them this October, but I'm keeping them on my list for next year!
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

JHuschle519 wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 00:40
hsimone wrote: 13 Oct 2018, 18:08
Gravy wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 23:41

I'm so glad you enjoyed this! It was such an amazing story. It got me a little. Tissues come in handy. :lol:

The film version is pretty good, but the book is still better. ❤
Oh, it got to me, too :)

Books seem to always do better than the movie adaptations, but it's good to know that the movie was pretty good, too. I'm excited to see it!
Wow, I guess I'm going to have to check this one out. Everyone seems to love it :D .
I definitely loved the book and would highly recommend it! I have yet to see the movie, but I'm excited to give it a go!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

BookReader+6 wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 00:56 I still haven't gotten to 'Anatomy of a Ghost', but I have added 2 more books to my TBR Halloween list-'Undead Redhead' and 'Monsterland'. Looks like I won't get to them this October, but I'm keeping them on my list for next year!
I don't think I've heard of Anatomy of a Ghost or Monsterland, but I have been meaning to read Undead Redhead for a while now. I'll have to remember to keep it in mind for next year, too!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

hsimone wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 08:04
BookReader+6 wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 00:56 I still haven't gotten to 'Anatomy of a Ghost', but I have added 2 more books to my TBR Halloween list-'Undead Redhead' and 'Monsterland'. Looks like I won't get to them this October, but I'm keeping them on my list for next year!
I don't think I've heard of Anatomy of a Ghost or Monsterland, but I have been meaning to read Undead Redhead for a while now. I'll have to remember to keep it in mind for next year, too!
They've both been reviewed here. I'd recommend that you read the official reviews for them, both books are interesting in different ways. 'Anatomy of a Ghost' is about ghost hunting and 'Monsterland' is about a fictional monster theme park.
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)

Return to “October 2018 Genre Discussion”