Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
M_Filomon75
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-filomon75.html
Latest Review: Sasquatch weed by Zachery Wilson

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Post by M_Filomon75 »

I read this novel when it first came out. I was actively searching for help novels and came across this one that was more than down to earth. A no bullshit guide indeed. It was a wonderfully novel.
Juliet+1
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: A New American Evolution
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Your Smart Home Voyage by Gary Rockis

Post by Juliet+1 »

I think this book is strictly for the young and confused. The ideas are very basic, and the author's tone is almost arrogant. I didn't see anything particularly useful or inspiring. I guess that means it gets a 2.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I though it was a great book with sound advice for people of all ages. It contained actionable advice without being too heavy.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Danerys Muniz Prior
Currently Reading: The Desolations of Devil's Acre (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #6)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danerys-muniz-prior.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Danerys Muniz Prior »

I read this enlightening self-help book a while back. It was deffinatly an interesting, humorous, and insightful read. It gave us a dose of ralism without sugar coating anything. It was a great book that deffinatly provided me with a dose of reality. I would give this book a good rating for sure.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I recently read and reviewed this book. I gave it a four out of four stars and really did enjoy this self help book. I thought the message was to the point and there was alot I took away from reading this. Honestly, the title of the book grabbed my attention and then I ended up really liking it .
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I thought this was a great self help book. It was helpful and inspiratational. I rated it 4 out of 4 stars . I’d definitely recommend it to others
Ebubechinwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebubechinwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ebubechinwaogazie »

This is such an inspiring and empowering book. Will love to read more of its series. Our actions goes a long way in determining what we become.
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by KCWolf »

I liked this book, but I feel it was really redundant and had a lot of cliches throughout. I can tolerate a few cliches usually, but there were a lot of them. Most of the advice was common sense, but I think it does help you to change your mindset from "just spinning your wheels" to (as the author put it) working smarter.
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I love this book. The author's writing style is awesome- arrogant yet helping. The ideas and the techniques given in this book are really potent- only condition being that you follow them. This is a really practical self-help book.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

this book is outstanding definitely people need to stop feeling sorry about themselves and push themselves to success other wise they will not be able to do anything, deserves a 4/4 rating.
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
n3stl3y_
Favorite Book: Randy the Irresistible
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n3stl3y.html
Latest Review: New Perspectives and Laws Of The Universe by Cody michael struckhoff

Post by n3stl3y_ »

I rated it a 3 out of 4 stars because the book was a good one and hit the nail on the head
Marsha JJ
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: On the Precipice of the Labyrinth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsha-jj.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Marsha JJ »

I really enjoyed this book and gave it 4 out of 4 stars. I thought the author had great insights and encouraged readers to take full responsibility for where they are in life. I liked his direct style and his authenticity.
bestfriendswithbooks
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Name of the Wind
Bookshelf Size: 236
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bestfriendswithbooks.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by bestfriendswithbooks »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 14:55 This was a pithy and empowering read. I loved the message that I can decide what I want and go for it. I would recommend it to others but only in conjunction with other books because there is ground that it doesn't cover. For that reason, I don't think I'd say: if you only ever read one self-help book, this is the one.
Best aspects: Offers a refreshing take on concerns about others' opinions or accusations of "selfishness". Leaves nothing whatsoever up to "the universe" or a "higher power"; focuses instead on the reality of what I can do if I put my mind to it.
Drawbacks: Includes few examples of common life experiences. Not a problem for me as I have so much life experience that it was easy for me to think of what the advice might apply to but it might be too abstract for some.
Thank you for such a honest review! :) I want to read this book now. I almost had my hands on it two days ago and I passed it for another one. Rushing off to find it again
Maris Charles M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maris-charles-m.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Maris Charles M »

i have not finished reading this book but i must say it is very interesting and worth investing your time on. This book is like a self help guide. The title was what caught my attention
Favy Moses
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Favy Moses »

This is a very good book i love it personally it changed my life positively, so i would recommend this book for those who may have gone astray and would need to redirect their lives. i would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”