Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
Mr Benji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-benji.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Post by Mr Benji »

I haven't read the book yet, but the comments I have makes it interesting to read.
Yours sincerely.
Books are lovely.
Dhanaraaj Raghuveer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhanaraaj-raghuveer.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Dhanaraaj Raghuveer »

I have always been a huge fan of Self help books. Be it Stepehen R covey or Napoleon Hill, Self helps have always helped me a lot. This book is no exception I guess and would definitely give it a go to know where it stands in my ranking.
Flowers123
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flowers123.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Post by Flowers123 »

I've only read the sample of this book, however, I've fallen entirely for it. It's a no sense self-help read. It helps in shifting a person's perspective from being the victim of circumstance to taking full responsibility for one's life. It's one book I'll like to have on my shelf.
Vitter Krane
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitter-krane.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Vitter Krane »

If life stinks, get your head outa butts is an interesting novel. I was obsessed with it. i loved the inspirations in the book. It would be a suitable novel to persons who love inspirational books.
BillRY
Favorite Book: Einstein
Currently Reading: Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-billry.html
Latest Review: Why can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by BillRY »

Granted, I have only read the preview excerpt on Amazon, but this books seems to be well written by a quick-witted man, with a touch of tough love and great humour in life. I hold nothing against self-help genres, but recently I just got through two of them in this genre and there's a limit to how much change I can handle at once. So I will probably read this one a bit later in the future when I feel like I need a nudge. All in all, I enjoy reading the conversational style writing that filled the pages and would recommend whoever is intrigued by the title itself enough to read these discussions to give it a try. Generally, if you are willing to "listening" to the author, you can get a whole lot than you thought you would from self-help genre, and this book might just be what you need right now.
Lucas Kalinic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucas-kalinic.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Lucas Kalinic »

I really loved this book. The inspiration and motivation therein was amazing. I can recommend this novel to any person in need of inspiration. I rate the Novel at 3 out of 4 stars.
Brianna Bailey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brianna-bailey.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by Brianna Bailey »

I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars because I liked the way Wdowiak used easy language but I am not a fan of self-help books. This book was tough for me to complete because it felt repetitive but compared to other self-help books, it was better.
Shelle
Currently Reading: For the Love
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelle.html
Latest Review: A Positive Thought a Day Keeps the Negative Away by Dr. Curtis E. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Shelle »

HollandBlue wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 14:32 I will recommend it to those looking for some direction in their lives. I liked the author's conversational tone throughout the book, and rated it 3/4 stars. The reason I didn't give it a 4/4 star rating was because I felt it was slightly too repetitive, but the repetition definitely gets the author's points across.
I'm late to the party and just now finishing up November's book, but I absolutely agree with HollandBlue's point about the book being too repetitive.
A book is a gift you can open again and again.
-Garrison Keillor
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

I definitely love this book, from the very first time i read the title. This self help guide is such a must read for people as we could all learn from it. This book contains great advices to people who needs it, not only to them, but to those who doesn't really need it.

I recommend this to all.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
DrHyde_not_Jekyll
Favorite Book: Beneath a Scarlet Sky
Currently Reading: What's Your Bio Strategy?
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drhyde-not-jekyll.html
Latest Review: The Writer's Roadmap by Leigh Shulman

Post by DrHyde_not_Jekyll »

The advice in this book is sound and no-nonsense, which I like. However, as others have noted, the book is pretty repetitive. If the chapters were written tighter, the book could be a lot shorter but still get the point across. Sometimes hearing the same thing over and over gets to be a bit too much, and I ended up leaving the book feeling bored rather than inspired. It's too bad, because under it all, there really are some gems in here.
praisecrown8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praisecrown8.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by praisecrown8 »

This book would be very suitable for those who are lost in life's tough whirlwind and would like to get back on the right track.
Mackenzie Hargis
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mackenzie Hargis »

"If life stinks get your head outta your buts" is truly an eye opening, self-help book that touches down on topics that very few authors discuss. This book is definitely a must-read!
Rennice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rennice.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Rennice »

I love this book. The tone makes me want to implement all the suggestions in my life. Definitely a good read.
Dhanaraaj Raghuveer
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhanaraaj-raghuveer.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Dhanaraaj Raghuveer »

The book gives many great life hacks for a successful life. The drawback of the book getting repetitive is found in many self-help books be it Napolean Hill or Vincent Peale, so I guess that shouldn't be a problem. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to lead a happy and successful life
yoda4ever
Favorite Book: Fervent
Currently Reading: Belgravia
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoda4ever.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by yoda4ever »

I rated this book a 4 out of 4.I love self-help books and this one had a lot of helpful advice.I liked how he did not sugar-coat it but was honest and realistic.

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”