Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
zarah_
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zarah.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts"

Post by zarah_ »

HollandBlue wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 14:32 I will recommend it to those looking for some direction in their lives. I liked the author's conversational tone throughout the book, and rated it 3/4 stars. The reason I didn't give it a 4/4 star rating was because I felt it was slightly too repetitive, but the repetition definitely gets the author's points across.
I was just thinking the same thing. I enjoyed the book, just not so much that I would give it a 4/4. Some of the things the author mentioned is common knowledge already, or maybe I've just read enough self-help books/articles. Nonetheless, it was still somewhat inspiring.
Willy 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willy-1.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond

Post by Willy 1 »

The book is really thought-provoking and empowering. Self-help is most times undervalued, but reading the book, really opens the eyes to the benefits of self-help.
Samisah
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samisah.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by Samisah »

Life is never easy and every day we get to learn something new. This book is just about that. Something to get us up and push us in the right direction. Its inspirational and uses simple language to advise us.
Ekta Kumari
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Humanity Must Survive the 21st Century by Theodore Vornicu
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari »

I liked the approach the author made to get the point across and the tone used for that. I would recommend this book to people who are looking for change in their lives and are willing to make that change.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 853
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

The book right from the title sounds really interesting
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
2024 Reading Goal: 853
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

zarah_ wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 04:46
HollandBlue wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 14:32 I will recommend it to those looking for some direction in their lives. I liked the author's conversational tone throughout the book, and rated it 3/4 stars. The reason I didn't give it a 4/4 star rating was because I felt it was slightly too repetitive, but the repetition definitely gets the author's points across.
I was just thinking the same thing. I enjoyed the book, just not so much that I would give it a 4/4. Some of the things the author mentioned is common knowledge already, or maybe I've just read enough self-help books/articles. Nonetheless, it was still somewhat inspiring.
an inspiring self help book is worth reading
Anthony__
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

I think the book would be very much helpful to people without the direction of their lives. I highly recommend it for them.
Machado283
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Machado283 »

:D This self-help book was actually really great, I mean I've read some self-help books that give you a formula that is plotted out to the detail and the formula does not always work for everyone. This book had a lot of down to earth advice and the suggestions that can help anyone! Great book for any reader looking for some kind of change or direction in their life! 5/5 stars
Khay_Bhee

Post by Khay_Bhee »

This book is actually very interesting, cool calm and collected. It can help people in so many way especially to adjust their life style and to make them fix their daily activities.
Adebowale Joseph

Post by Adebowale Joseph »

This book is very interesting the author make the title clear without beating round the bush,it can also help to fix daily activities
Christal Merkey
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 740
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christal-merkey.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic
2024 Reading Goal: 4
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Christal Merkey »

I just finished If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts last night. It was very informative and really helped me see my current situation and what I need to do be a better person. One of my teachers back in Vo-tech would always say "Life is Choices" and we would all get mad at her and groan. I was only 21 at the time, so yeah, I was naive. She was right. Life is full of choices and consequences and it is up to us to make the right choice.
Y BHANUCHAND
Currently Reading:

Post by Y BHANUCHAND »

It was very interesting when i was reading middle part of this book. This will help us to change our life if we are really stuck without success. I really appreciate this book. That gives us life sentence when we are really in bad situation.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

It is. I liked that there was a lot of humor thrown inside the book.
:tiphat:
Ironrose22

Post by Ironrose22 »

this book I gotta say it is really empowering me it like it talking to me I have had so many life challenges and it is very overwhelming but with this book I rate it four stars and it is really helped me
Darlynn_Tebogo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlynn-tebogo.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Darlynn_Tebogo »

My overall opinion of this book is that it contains some harsh truths. I enjoyed the fact that it had me sitting with a highlighter and really think about what I was reading. I had to go back and re-read what you highlighted to make sure that I understood the emphasis of the point that the author was trying to get across. I found many things spoke to situations in my life and gave me a new perspective. I have no negative comments on the book because it is one of the very few books that has had an impact in my life. I would recommend it to people who are of the opinion that life stinks, young and old. We all just need to get our heads out of certain places.

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”