Which piece of advice can you apply to your everyday life?

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
Vitter Krane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitter-krane.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Re: Which piece of advice can you apply to your everyday life?

Post by Vitter Krane »

For me, it would be to do what needs to be done even if you don't feel like doing it.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

Mely918 wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 16:38 I have tried the same thing in attempting to trust myself to say no. Saying no isn't the difficult part for me. It's the second guessing later on that gets to me. I'm trying to be better about that, though.
Since I finished the book I have been working on this too. I found that certain aspects of he book have stuck with me and saying no has been one of them. I don’t even feel guilty saying no anymore
Don Pwai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-don-pwai.html
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi

Post by Don Pwai »

You were born to change lives and should never take that for granted.
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi
edith38
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edith38.html
Latest Review: Of Illusions and Ink Spills by Divya Hirani
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by edith38 »

There's some pretty solid advice that in some ways we all actually know but can use an occasional reminder. Work smart not hard is probably my favorite takeaway
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

I think j can really apply the thing about results. If i am going to do the same thing over and over again, results will always be the same.

There should be more to it, a change in action so a change in the things that are happening can also occur.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
SpencerVo
Favorite Book: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencervo.html
Latest Review: Lola the Buhund and the Father of Discord by Elbot Carman

Post by SpencerVo »

“If you are ever going to be successful in your life, you must understand that there is a direct correlation between the types of people and activities you associate yourself with, and the kinds of results these influences will impose on your life.”

This is a simple and obvious piece of advice, yet as an introvert, I find it so difficult to get out of old circles to blend in with new ones. But I am trying to meet and listen to inspiring people every day.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

I like to be reminded that my feelings and emotions come directly from my thoughts, so I need to control my thoughts. I shouldn't let feelings and emotions control my actions, instead, I should think about what I am thinking and change my thinking.
zarah_
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zarah.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by zarah_ »

Early on in the book he mentions the "Yeah, but" excuse. Personally, I think I should stop doubting myself and focus on what I can bring to the table and the things I can improve on. I can't count the number of times I let an opportunity slip because I didn't have faith in myself and made up reasons as to why I shouldn't pursue something.
EricaWilson
Favorite Book: Slated
Currently Reading: Seven Minutes in Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericawilson.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by EricaWilson »

This book reminded me that my success if solely determined by me. If I want to achieve something, it is up to me to put in the work and keep myself from getting discouraged.
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-al-chakauya.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Al Chakauya »

I am now enjoying working smart- thanks to this book. Working hard doesn't guarantee success in life but decide on ways to work smart and definitely you'll enjoy life to the fullest.
BeautySuzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beautysuzy.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by BeautySuzy »

That I will no longer underestimate small actions in my life as I was doing before, this piece of advice is really true and fits me.
Think outside of the books.
Jessacardinal
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessacardinal.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jessacardinal »

I prefer to focus on the positives. I like the reminder to remain appreciative for what I already have in life. I also like the suggestion of surrounding oneself with the likes of what they desire to one day become.
"Let's be reasonable and add an eighth day to the week that is devoted exclusively to reading." - Lena Dunham
Jessyluv33
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jessyluv33 »

What I really understand in this book.relating to the positive. it helps us to see life at a different point,because life itself has ups n down, with the variety of people living in it, the different phase at which life is being looked at ,shows that so many things are bound to happen. Due to all this finding. You get to know that life has no duplicate. So its better to life it to the fullest. An adage once says" he who has life, has hope for better living".
KateM234
Currently Reading: Betrayal in Blue
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katem234.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by KateM234 »

A big takeaway for me from this this book was the idea of taking initiative! So often it is easy to get too comfortable and wait for good things to happen - but seeking out one's own happiness and seeking out one's own goals is much more fulfilling! I am definitely guilty of not taking enough initiative to get the most out of things in life, and this book definitely made me open my eyes a lot more to my own behavior and of several things I could work on personally.
BeatrixPotter
Favorite Book: A Higher Loyalty
Currently Reading: The Nightingale
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatrixpotter.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by BeatrixPotter »

I apply taking responsibility and not blaming others, but this wasn't new. I had already learned it prior to reading the book.
"There's so much more to a book than just the reading."
-- Maurice Sendak

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”