Which piece of advice can you apply to your everyday life?

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Re: Which piece of advice can you apply to your everyday life?

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 15:11 I will remember that realizing my dreams is just a matter of working towards them and bearing in mind why I might have failed in the past, not to beat myself up but to learn to do something differently. I will keep working to ensure that I am ready for opportunities when they come along.
I agree with you. One of the main things I took away from the book is to actively work towards your goal and don’t just wait for opportunities to appear because if you don’t put in the work, then you won’t be prepared to take advantage of opportunities that may come your way.
Jacci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacci.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Jacci »

What i learned is "it's up to me to live my life in this way or that way with confidence without complaining other people that i become this way."
:cooking: :cooking: reading while cooking is the best! :techie-reference: :lol2:
lari03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lari03.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by lari03 »

My favorite piece of advice is "never give up,always find a way to try again".
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I appreciated his advice to keep up your effort while advancing towards your goal. You will need time to reach your goal. Take responsibility and keep advancing. His method to do this was also clear. Take responsibility for your own behaviors. Get control of your thinking patterns. Be proactive.
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

Yes of course, many lessons to learn and mode of tackling life issue in a more better way even than before.
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

Committing to things instead of just trying. I'll also be more positive instead of just being negative.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Jessyluv33
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jessyluv33 »

After reading this book, I see life as the best teacher and the great thing that has come to stay, despite what surrounds everyone. You just need to keep your heads high. No better life than to the one you have
Arup343
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arup343.html
Latest Review: Protostar by Braxton Cosby
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Arup343 »

I follow everything that meditation teaches me. Some of them are that I have to always keep in tune with time and nature. Everything is planned. If something needs to happen, it will happen! Never wait for anything or anyone!
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

My biggest takeaway is the concept of responsibility, even if that simply comes in the form of controlling my reactions to circumstances. We can all achieve things by working in a direction of accomplishment, bit by bit.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

I always question the choices and path i choose to take and what i got from this book that applies to my evryday life is to trust the process and to trust myself, even when the path i'm on seems wrought with unyielding consequences.
Azeline Arcenal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zenalei7.html
Latest Review: Christmas in the Kingdom of Kool by Joan J. Harris

Post by Azeline Arcenal »

I think that the piece of advice that I can apply to my life is that we are not responsible for other people's actions, but we can choose how to respond to everything around us. I think this is very important because sometimes we can blame ourselves for something that other people have done when in reality it really isn't our fault.
“The only important thing in a book is the meaning that it has for you.” - W. Somerset Maugham
Sympathyodeh
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sympathyodeh »

To have self confidence on myself and never to blame anyone for my failure, I shall never blame others for their own failures and again to try to learn new things always because life itself is a lesson
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

It is interesting how the author urges us to go out of our "comfort zone" and venture outside. He warns us not to only consider ideas that "align" with those of ours. It is like saying that if you do not take in something new, then you will never have diversified what you already had in your mind.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
StelKel1592
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stelkel1592.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by StelKel1592 »

The idea of living by intention is really powerful for me. I find it's very easy to live reactively, always responding to events rather than by any kind of plan, and to let time drift by without really thinking about what kind of life I want to be living.
Erika Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erika-thomas.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by Erika Thomas »

I definitely have taken into my life the lesson of taking responsibility for everything in my life. I have made choices in my life that have gotten me to where I am, and everything that has happened in my life I am responsible for. This, but also the lesson to say no to people when I feel the need to. I really have a problem with that, a big problem, and I have since started working on it. It is definitely very hard!

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”