In what way did this self-help book inspire you

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
KnightReader
Currently Reading: A Knight to Remember
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-knightreader.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Re: In what way did this self-help book inspire you

Post by KnightReader »

It may not be for other people, but I sensed a bit of a cheerful-nihilism-vibe from the book. It says hey, life sucks, but you just have to deal with it. Here's some cool tips how. It deals with aspects of your life such as success, love, and the like. And deliver it does to help you be a better and self-actualized person of yourself. I guess it may come off as a bit of a book with obvious general information, but it's still nice being reminded with general encouragements once in a while.
serendipity 27
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serendipity-27.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by serendipity 27 »

It didn't inspire me so much as affirm what I already believed in. I think the author was considerate of the fact that everyone is different and everyone's definition of success is different.
Give me the courage to get through this week...or at least a big bar of chocolate :D
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by thaservices1 »

Though I at first resisted the idea, I had to step back and take a hard look at the company I was keeping and what impact that was having on my own 'success' in life. I found that in general the attitudes surrounding me were empowering my own excuses and after pushing forward with a change I feel I am on a better path to my own happiness.
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt
sszb
Favorite Book: Dear Mr. Knightley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sszb.html
Latest Review: Uncle Yuta has an Adventure by Claire Youmans
Reading Device: B072V4HK9F

Post by sszb »

it made me aware of my thinking and its effects on my mood, health, and life. I have stopped being pessimistic. I have realized that blaming others will not be beneficial for me. I have to take responsibility for my actions, decisions, and my life. I have learned to focus on my well being.
💐💐💐💐💐
‏We’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one.”

‏ Middleton, Jacquelyn.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lesler »

This book reminds me that I am in charge of my own change, and I can do anything I want to. I'm remembering again that this is a true statement, and enjoying my journey.
lazybekah
Currently Reading: The Devil's Astronaut
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lazybekah.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose
Reading Device: B00TA9FD2M

Post by lazybekah »

This was my first review on this site as well! I chose it because I'm going through a lot of change, and I thought this might motivate me. It definitely did :)

My biggest takeaway was his point about preparing for success. You never know when opportunities will come along, so saving up the money to pursue it, or doing the necessary leg work ahead of time so you have all the info ready when the times comes...that was a new thing I hadn't heard before. Most people would advise you not to get ahead of yourself, but I think it's just as important to prepare for success as it is to prepare for failure.
Ashley Cremer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-cremer.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Ashley Cremer »

It inspired me to not let others offend me. I must value my opinion of myself more than I value what others think of me.
raqstar1
Currently Reading: The Lady of the Lakes
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raqstar1.html
Latest Review: First Lessons by Lina J. Potter

Post by raqstar1 »

The thing that hit me hardest was when he spoke about us being our own motivators. I have always known that I am more likely to show up if there is someone who is depending on me. I've actually told people that about myself. But I never stopped to really think about that. I didn't think about ME being there depending on me. If it's not important to me, then why am I doing it? And if it is important to me, then why am I not doing it? That really hit home and made an impact in how I react to things.
Life is your own story. Sometimes you need an off-ramp and that's where books come in! :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-reference:
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Radiant3 »

I liked the way that the author learned from his mistakes. The fact that he had the self-awareness to acknowledge his mistakes and used them to learn and grow as an individual.
charity muthoka
Currently Reading: The Black Market
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by charity muthoka »

This book is really inspiring and motivational because have got to learn a lot of essentual life lessons especially the ones that were from his father.Thanks.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

"No Buts!" That was the most inspirational for me. I am always catching myself now when I say..."but..."
It doesn't work for me anymore like it used to.
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
ochiengjr01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ochiengjr01.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ochiengjr01 »

The book inspired me to try out different ways on how to handle things to realize the hidden potential.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

I felt inspired but he straight-forward advice of the author. There were several topics that were beneficial to me. That it’s ok to think of yourself first. Taking responsibility for the good and the bad in your life. I really enjoyed the book
Ann10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann10.html
Latest Review: Apparent Faith by Karl Forehand

Post by Ann10 »

I liked how the author included the option to sign my initials at the end of the chapters. It is easy to read a self-help book but the action is the hard part. I knew what chapter I had to sign first.
fndirangu20
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: the girl who knew da vinci
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by fndirangu20 »

It really forces me to evaluate what i pay attention to. Do i only pay attention to things that require minimal effort? When things get rough do i blame others for where i am or insist i am "trying" when i am contemplating not doing something? All these questions and more were asked in this book to encourage me to think about where i am and determine if i am living up to my full potential.

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”