In what way did this self-help book inspire you

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
evan1995muniz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evan1995muniz.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

In what way did this self-help book inspire you

Post by evan1995muniz »

I read this for my first ever review since I became part of this awesome community. I have to say it truly helped me change my life for the better. I am already more successful and it has only been a few weeks and I am personally making tremendous progress since I read this book. It is truly down to earth and deserves a lot of love.

What parts of the book had the most impact in your life after you read it? Was it adapting to change? or were you inspired by his own sucess story in the intro? lets hear everyone's thoughts.
Swiftmover07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swiftmover07.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Swiftmover07 »

The part where the author tells you to start taking responsibility for where you are at in your life. That part really stuck with me because it is true. Every decision a person has made up to this day has lead to where you are at in life... A real eye opener when you absorb the words and let them actually sink in.
Goodnight sweet prince, may flights of devils wing you to your rest. - Anne Rice
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

Swiftmover07 wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 23:54 The part where the author tells you to start taking responsibility for where you are at in your life. That part really stuck with me because it is true. Every decision a person has made up to this day has lead to where you are at in life... A real eye opener when you absorb the words and let them actually sink in.
Taking responsibility goes both ways--not just for our failures or bad decisions but also for our successes. And sometimes... even good decisions have undesirable consequences. There is no way to eliminate the what-ifs so might as well have the knowledge that you made the best decision.
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

I was really inspired by that businessman who gave some practical advises to the Widowiak. And Widowiak was the man, who bound those within his mind forever. I will never forget the line "Buts don't work"
whole through my life.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

I found the sample of this book quite helpful, but sadly, I have not read the whole book so I cannot answer your questions appropriately.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

I read a lot of self-help, and the reason I do is that I always learn something when the author shares a piece of his or her life. This one is no different. I felt that this author did a great job detailing some parts of his life where he truly needed to look at himself and change his ways instead of blaming others. I especially liked the part where he didn't want to go with friends to an event, and he said yes anyway. He was so conflicted about not wanting to let them down, but he didn't want to go. Finally, after working up enough courage, he tells them he doesn't want to go, and then they don't really care! I thought that story was so good because I have done the same thing where I have compromised to make others happy instead of doing what I wanted to do. The whole book was great!
Everything happens for a reason...
Alicia09
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia09.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Alicia09 »

So far this book has helped me become aware of times when I may be thinking negative thoughts. If our thoughts really do affect the way we feel, as the author noted, then it is important to be aware of any thoughts that may pop up into our heads. Thinking positive may help improve our mood, even if something terrible has happened to us that day. I don't think it is easy to change our thoughts at the drop of a hat, but it certainly makes for good advice when we are going through a rough time in our lives.
:character-ariel:
Laura Del
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-del.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Laura Del »

It didn't inspire me at all. The book was just... meh.
"Write drunk, edit sober."~Ernest Hemingway
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Kristy Khem »

This book was inspiring because I'm very much into self-growth and personal development. My favorite part was where the writer said, "The new you is the updated version of the old you." This line alone is extremely motivating - it almost makes you feel like you want to become a whole new person, someone who is beautiful, happy, positive, and successful.
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

The book inspired me to stop blaming others for my mistakes, and to stop giving others credit for my successes. Not only the author had good advice, but the lessons that he learned from his father were helpful too.
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
Waragu Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 469
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waragu-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Waragu Samuel »

What I liked most about this book is its urgent call to action. It is not really simple as the author puts it, but it is worth attempting.
“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”~Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)
Maria-Goretti Amarachi Okechi - Catherine
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catherine-amarachi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Maria-Goretti Amarachi Okechi - Catherine »

I love the title of the book and the reviews I've read on this book are all inspiring but sadly I've not gotten the opportunity to read this book.
Bavithra M
Currently Reading: Inspirience: Meditation Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bavithra-m.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Bavithra M »

This book made me inspired because it narrates us the important lfe lessons
---
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

I thought that the ideas in this book were mostly common sense. I didn't find anything that I had not already read in other self-help books.
chelhack
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelhack.html
Latest Review: E-M-P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by chelhack »

It inspired me by not defining what life success was or is. It left the margin open for one to form their own opinion of what a successful life is as it pertains to them individually. It was inspiring in itself that the author acknowledged the fact that everyone is different and what is best, what works and what it is that makes a person have a happy and successful life is all of their own therefore telling or guiding each individual to take on or be their on responsibilities to receive the best outcome fit for them as individuals.
Chelsea N. Hackett

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”