Impact of the title

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
Clorinda Donovan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clorinda-donovan.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Re: Impact of the title

Post by Clorinda Donovan »

The title is catchy and meaningful and yet it could offend some. The author could have less readers but it is and attention seeking title too. I'd stick with it because some people need to be shocked at first before they can come to terms with anything.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

Confucius
Liana Mayhew
Favorite Book: The Orb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liana-mayhew.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Liana Mayhew »

I first saw this on Book of The Day and was drawn in by the title immediately. I love a bit of humor and whilst this title did make me smile, it has a deeper meaning. A clever and catchy way to lure a reader in.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I thought the title was clever. After reading the book, it fits with the author’s style.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Adina Lutinger
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adina-lutinger.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Adina Lutinger »

The title made me lough and at the same time feel that the author has something serious to say and be curious about the book.
Mrunal Tikekar
Currently Reading: Heartquake
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrunal-tikekar.html
Latest Review: Out of the Uniform, Back into Civilian Life: No Nonsense Veterans Benefits Guid by Jason Pike

Post by Mrunal Tikekar »

The title cuts to the chase. In a way, I can imagine the book to be inspiration of sorts. But the title is also blatantly offensive. It might push away readers who shy from profanities. Then again, I think such title are becoming a fashion with more number of books have such quirky and sort of offensive titles.
Twylla
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Favorite Book: Project Tau
Currently Reading: Intwine
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twylla.html
Latest Review: Contagion Domination by William Nisol
fav_author_id: 165843

Post by Twylla »

I think the title is the best part of the book (and I really liked the book). That is what drew me to the book and why I read it. It is a good thing!
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I like the wordplay. It is funny, and at the same time the author has a point that we should stop making excuses and try to take responsibility in our lives. I haven't read the book but with a title like this I am more likely to pick it up.
Sumansona1344
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumansona1344.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Sumansona1344 »

I loved the title. It caught my attention and made me keep on wondering what the book is going to be about. Also, the title is a good way to make anyone wonder about this book.
AbhyarnaAman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhyarnaaman.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by AbhyarnaAman »

cpru68 wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 13:47 I’m a very visual person when it comes to words, so I won’t go into detail what I first pictured in my mind when I saw the title. However, after my initial exposure to it, I found myself liking it because it does catch the eye of the unsuspecting, and it is explained that this book is meant for us to stop making excuses for ourselves. I think it’s a good title not only to garner reader’s attention but it fits perfectly with the book’s theme.
LOL :lol2: Same here, I also pictured it. The title is qute strong and attract readers. It might be offensive to some but, I am sure the the book would get more publicity due to such title.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.
By Rob White
AbhyarnaAman
Currently Reading:

Post by AbhyarnaAman »

when someone is acting distressed and rants about their life (I have so many people around me who do so) I like to give such statements that just throw them off and make them think of their own behavior. It is mostly effective. Either they would change their attitude or stop ranting( at least in front of me)
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.
By Rob White
AbhyarnaAman
Currently Reading:

Post by AbhyarnaAman »

Sumansona1344 wrote: 20 May 2020, 09:37 I loved the title. It caught my attention and made me keep on wondering what the book is going to be about. Also, the title is a good way to make anyone wonder about this book.
The title is truly eyecatching and self-explanatory too. I wonder, how you just wonder what the book is going to be about :eusa-think:
By Rob White
Ogbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86

Post by Ogbara »

Well to me, the tittle have an appealing ring to it, that makes you want to stop and see what it is.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

Thokchom Alice wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 21:35 The title is one of the most important parts of a book. It's the first thing that catches a reader.
What did you feel when you read just the title, "If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's" What was the impact that it left?
The title is definitely catchy. It raises curiousity and I find it quite funny. Some might deem it strong and offensive though, but I suppose even that might spur them to read the book too. So, the title does the job- attract readers' attention.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

The title made me laugh so hard, but I sobered up quickly. No one wants to think that they have their head in their butt if life stinks. Emotional validation is still important. But if the book sold, I guess the title did its job.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

The title definitely caught my eye. I thought it was a fabulous read. The main message is exactly what the title says and the author described how being positive and retiring our thinking can be a game changer in our lives.

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”