Personal stories

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
KateM234
Currently Reading: Betrayal in Blue
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katem234.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Re: Personal stories

Post by KateM234 »

I have a best friend who has decided that, in her life, she is content with the minimum wage lifestyle and has no qualms about letting her long-time boyfriend be the breadwinner of the household. This, by itself, doesn't bother me - as long as she is safe and happy, so am I. I've always been more career/education driven and have moved in a bit of a different direction over the ten years she and I have been friends, and currently I am blessed to have found a really great paying job with great benefits. More often than not, my friend looks to me when her finances get tight - and more often than not I find out that the money I gave wasn't used the way she said it would and even less often is it paid back to me. This all being said, Mark's story about lending his friend money only to see him with a new car definitely resounded with me personally. Easier said than done, but the time comes in life where you need to dig your feet in the sand of your own convictions and not let others, even the closest ones to you, take advantage!
amybo82
Favorite Author: David Sedaris
Favorite Book: cannot pick just one
Currently Reading: Calypso
Bookshelf Size: 1517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amybo82.html
Latest Review: The Adventures of The Gorilla Billies by Mark J Stopford
Reading Device: B00TA9FD2M
Publishing Contest Votes: 17
fav_author_id: 2790

Post by amybo82 »

Alicia09 wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 17:24 In this book, Mark shared a lot of personal stories of times when he made mistakes in his life. My favorite personal story was of the time he lent a friend money, only to find his friend driving a brand new car later on that same year. I liked this story because it was a good example of what happens when we try to go out of our way to help others. Others may try to take advantage of us, and it is important to keep that in mind. What was your favorite personal story?
Lending money is such a dangerous game! I try to never lend people money, but I will gift people with money. That way, I don’t expect anything in return, and I don’t feel taken advantage of. I know every situation is different, though. It really hurts when someone you trust deceives you!
A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. –Neil Gaiman
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by dhomespot »

I too have had friends call for money and then tell me about the GREAT NIGHT OUT they had. I have figured out that I am too nice and stopped answering my phone.
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck
Alicia09
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia09.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Alicia09 »

dhomespot wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 12:21 I too have had friends call for money and then tell me about the GREAT NIGHT OUT they had. I have figured out that I am too nice and stopped answering my phone.
Wow. That's so rude of them! I'm sorry to hear that.
:character-ariel:

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”