Who is the target audience?

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Re: Who is the target audience?

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

The target set is self-help and empowerment genre readers because the author aims to candidly advise on how to live in a more productive way.
Kister Bless
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kister-bless.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Kister Bless »

Basing on my way of reasoning I think the target audience of this book are people who want and are ready to change but they do not know how to go about it.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin.
M Zee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-zee.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by M Zee »

It felt like the author was speaking to a younger audience to me. But maybe that was just his tone in the book?
I was born with a reading list I will never finish.
Bronie
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bronie.html
Latest Review: The Life and Lessons of a Young Author by Sunayna Prasad

Post by Bronie »

For anyone interested in self-help books. It has a general audience because everybody really wants to improve their lives, especially towards the aspects mentioned in this book.
Ursadsong
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ursadsong.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Ursadsong »

I think the author is targeting everyone in his book. It was not that specific for any type. But I can say it is for people who want to change themselves, kind of a self-help book.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I think it's safe for an author to tell their potential audience that their book is not for everyone. It only builds suspense in the potential readers. So it's all about the readers' curiosity.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

I think the advice is meant particularly for the overthinkers! I am one, and the first paragraph made me feel like the book was meant particularly for me.
Nusrat_Shabnam_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nusrat-shabnam.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Nusrat_Shabnam_ »

I think anyone who needs a motivation is the target audience. I think I am one too! Moreover, every single person should give it a try!
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-m-parker.html
Latest Review: Requiem, Changing Times by RJ Parker
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Kendra M Parker »

I think the target audience is the younger workforce, especially those getting started with their careers and finding it difficult to achieve their goals because the word doesn’t just hand them things.
Gemma_15
Currently Reading: The Five People You Meet in Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gemma-15.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by Gemma_15 »

I think that the target audience is anyone who is looking for a change in their life and doesn't quite know where to start. When he says that the book isn't for everyone, but is for the reader, he is saying essentially that. So I think it could be fore everyone, so long as they are ready to make a change in their life. In that way, I think that the book is for anyone, just not at any time.
"Don't let the hard days win." -Sarah J. Maas
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

Jsovermyer wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 06:29 There is a great market out there for books that claim to make you happy, more succesful, and more time efficient. Everyone wants an easy way to make their life better. I think the author is hoping to sell this book to as many people as he can.
you are directly connecting with the market of this book by your reply to the question given in this post?
Jdalba2018
Currently Reading: A Trace of Revenge
Bookshelf Size: 754
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jdalba2018.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Jdalba2018 »

Sometimes it surprises me all the people that complaints about how life is unfair, difficult, not worth living and a very long etcetera. Those are the people this book is aimed at.
Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Post by Jeyran Main »

I like how you have begun interpreting the author talking contradictory to its audience. Isn't that how people sell books? Let's sell a book saying that it's not for everyone but it is for you. I think by reading a few reviews and the blurb it is easy to identify if a book is for you.
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards
Erika Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erika-thomas.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by Erika Thomas »

As a person who reads personal development books on the regular, I firmly believe this book is meant for anyone who picks it up and starts to read it. Everyone who reads a self help book is looking to change and looking for a way to help themselves, hence the name. These people are trying to better themselves, because they are either not happy with the way things are in their lives at that moment, or they have already done personal development and are looking to do more because they recognize the benefit. Therefore, anyone who picks up this book and starts to read it, knowing what it is, is a person this book will benefit, because they are looking for a benefit. Of course, there will always be the outliers that want a change but simply don't connect with the book, but there are outliers in anything.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

sszb wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 06:57 I think the target audience is the people who are willing to change themselves but have no idea what to do. Sometimes reading a self-help book can be very effective especially when a person feels like stuck in problems or depression.
I agree with your comment. I think the book is targeted to people who want to make positive change in their lives.

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”