What is your favorite quote?

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
Vitter Krane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitter-krane.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Re: What is your favorite quote?

Post by Vitter Krane »

The outstanding quote for me was "You will never soar like an eagle if you're hanging around a bunch of turkeys and chickens." I found real identity in that quote.
vinkipc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinkipc.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by vinkipc »

Do not underestimate the power of small action is my favourite quote. Small actions do impact our day to day lives.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

Yolimari wrote: 26 Nov 2018, 03:54 My favorite quotes were the following:

1. "To create positive changes in your life, you must open yourself up—and remain open—to the possibility of new and alternative ways of thinking!"

2. "However, if you have the desire to be really successful, you will need to be all four—willing, able, committed, and prepared."

3. "By allowing yourself to be offended, you immediately give your power away and become the victim."
Thats it - I think you hit all of the important points of the book! Thanks :tiphat:
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

Vitter Krane wrote: 26 Nov 2018, 07:03 The outstanding quote for me was "You will never soar like an eagle if you're hanging around a bunch of turkeys and chickens." I found real identity in that quote.
Yeah..lets get rid of those turkeys and chickens and start soaring! :text-goodpost:
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
MKRichards
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mkrichards.html
Latest Review: Boom! A Revolting Situation by Thomas Richard Harry

Post by MKRichards »

As an educator, the following was my favorite quote:

'So instead of being “Stupid for Life,” why not become a “Student of Life”!'
MalMartin
Currently Reading: Murder in Memory
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malmartin.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by MalMartin »

I was surprised to find that my favorite quote from the book was not in this forum.

My favorite quote is, "please don’t quit and take the easy way out, because giving up is not the easy way out; it’s the hard way back in!"

I love this quote because it reminds me that even when I feel like I am about to give up it is actually a lot harder to just give up than just trying to tackle one problem at a time. Success is a collection of small responsibilities and they all come together to form amazing opportunities that you can take an advantage of if you keep trucking.
Jacci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacci.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Jacci »

People who don't make many mistakes never take many steps forward or accomplish very much."

I agree on that part, success is meaningful on how you try to be a part of it. I guess, if i do not have mistakes i will not dream of something and remain living in a passive way.
:cooking: :cooking: reading while cooking is the best! :techie-reference: :lol2:
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

MKRichards wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 09:12 As an educator, the following was my favorite quote:

I LOVE this one!!! Thank you for bringing it to our attention!
Jacci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacci.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Jacci »

CinWin wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 00:34
MKRichards wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 09:12 As an educator, the following was my favorite quote:

I LOVE this one!!! Thank you for bringing it to our attention!
Perfect for my day! Thanks, it reminded me something today. So hard to become the student of life. We have plenty of teachers, critics and bullies. It is just like so hard to pass even 75.😊😊😊

Smile is my best antidote!😀😀
:cooking: :cooking: reading while cooking is the best! :techie-reference: :lol2:
Arup343
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arup343.html
Latest Review: Protostar by Braxton Cosby
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Arup343 »

From this book, my favorite quote is-
"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
JordanKSmith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordanksmith.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by JordanKSmith »

Sincerity has nothing to do with the truth. Don’t let yourself be swayed by someone’s sincerity. They can be wrong and sincere. Always let the facts lead you.
It might be weird to pick this quote out of all of the quotes. However, this one means a lot to me. It is a lesson that I have been learning to apply these past few years. You have to follow what you believe is right. Seek truth, and never betray your heart for the sake of loyalty.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: Royal Gossip by Trisha Goodwin
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

kdstrack wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 10:52 My favorite quote is: "Do not underestimate the power of small actions." Too often we overlook the importance of little things and their impact on others. I like how to ties this to our thinking patterns. One little, passing thought can grow and have a life of its own. Even what you think can have an effect on others.
This is one of my favorite quotes too. It’s hard to pick just one quote. I felt there were several in the book that helped me look at issues in a different way especially the importance of small things
Gemma_15
Currently Reading: The Five People You Meet in Heaven
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gemma-15.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by Gemma_15 »

My favorite quote in the book is, "You are never going to have positive, lasting change when you're coming from a place where you feel something is wrong with you. Nothing is wrong with you! You are not a defective person who needs to be fixed to be worthy of all the food things life has to offer, because you are already good and whole. Do you hear me? If not, read it again!" It speaks volumes to a lesson I had to learn years ago.
"Don't let the hard days win." -Sarah J. Maas
Jillpillbooknerd
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 1908
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillpillbooknerd.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jillpillbooknerd »

My favorite quote from the book was, "You cannot keep doing things the same way and expect to find different results.". I really feel like this is a great motto to live by in your everyday life. If you just keep doing the same thing over and over you're not going to grow or be happy.
Nusrat_Shabnam_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nusrat-shabnam.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Nusrat_Shabnam_ »

CinWin wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 21:21 This book had many quotable parts. What was your favorite quote? Mine would have to be, "Success is not a destination, it is a continuous journey."
Exactly.This quote is really motivational. I like this one too. It's really very inspiring.

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”