What is your favorite quote?

Use this forum to discuss the November Book of the month "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

What is your favorite quote?

Post by CinWin »

This book had many quotable parts. What was your favorite quote? Mine would have to be, "Success is not a destination, it is a continuous journey."
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

Indeed the book had many quotable parts. My favorite is "People who don't make many mistakes never take many steps forward or accomplish very much." This is something our schools often fail to teach children at a young age. As such children grow up fearing failure and never challenge themselves enough as adults.
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

Ever_Reading wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 07:43 Indeed the book had many quotable parts. My favorite is "People who don't make many mistakes never take many steps forward or accomplish very much." This is something our schools often fail to teach children at a young age. As such children grow up fearing failure and never challenge themselves enough as adults.
This is very true - Not only do schools fail to teach this concept, but at a young age parents are also telling their children to never make mistakes!
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

My favorite quote is: "Do not underestimate the power of small actions." Too often we overlook the importance of little things and their impact on others. I like how to ties this to our thinking patterns. One little, passing thought can grow and have a life of its own. Even what you think can have an effect on others.
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

CinWin wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 21:21 This book had many quotable parts. What was your favorite quote? Mine would have to be, "Success is not a destination, it is a continuous journey."
This quote is mine one too. "Success is not a destination, it is a continuous journey."
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
A G Darr
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the end of days
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-g-darr.html
Latest Review: Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by A G Darr »

"Is what I'm about to commit to really in my long-term best interest and goals?" is my favorite quote. I have it written down on a Post It note and I put it under my monitor. I look at the quote all the time.
Lucas Kalinic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucas-kalinic.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Lucas Kalinic »

You cannot keep doing things the same way and expect to find different results.
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

As an artist who understands just how many colors can be mixed from the primaries, this is my favorite: "Just like the primary colors, the information and people you need to create a better life already exist. All you need to do to create your great masterpiece is begin blending and applying them to your life."
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
wkinnman
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by wkinnman »

"You are born with the ability to change lives, don't ever take that for granted"
- Kathie Lee
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

kdstrack wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 10:52 My favorite quote is: "Do not underestimate the power of small actions." Too often we overlook the importance of little things and their impact on others. I like how to ties this to our thinking patterns. One little, passing thought can grow and have a life of its own. Even what you think can have an effect on others.
I agree with you 100%!! We tend to think that the little things don't matter but they do matter - sometimes even more than the big things. And yes, what you think definitely has an effect on others. They sense it. Thanks for the reponse.
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

Ayat paarsa wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 12:32
CinWin wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 21:21 This book had many quotable parts. What was your favorite quote? Mine would have to be, "Success is not a destination, it is a continuous journey."
This quote is mine one too. "Success is not a destination, it is a continuous journey."
:tiphat: Great minds think alike :)
Charlotte_Shi
Currently Reading: In Lucia's Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 236
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlotte-shi.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by Charlotte_Shi »

This is a very simple one, but I like it: ‘…there is also the responsibility that comes from doing nothing at all (a.k.a, sticking your head in the sand).’
Backpackroses
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-backpackroses.html
Latest Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by Backpackroses »

I went to see a psychic a year ago and she told me: "You will never soar like an eagle if you're hanging around a bunch of turkeys and chickens." This is the exact quote I found in the book which absolutely resonated with me. I'm going to continue being picky with whom I spend my time and energy with!
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

A G Darr wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 12:54 "Is what I'm about to commit to really in my long-term best interest and goals?" is my favorite quote. I have it written down on a Post It note and I put it under my monitor. I look at the quote all the time.
Yes, I agree! It is really important to stay focused on your goal with all of the interruptions happening in everyday life.
CinWin
Currently Reading:

Post by CinWin »

Lucas Kalinic wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 23:14 You cannot keep doing things the same way and expect to find different results.

Ah yes... the definition of insanity!

Return to “Discuss "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak”