Merriam Webster defines these two terms as:
- Mythology: "an allegorical narrative" and "myths dealing with the gods, demigods, and legendary heroes of a particular people"
- Examples: Greek Mythology, Roman Mythology
- Legend: "a story coming down from the past, especially one popularly regarded as historical although not verifiable"
- Examples: Arthurian legends, Paul Bunyan, the Loch Ness Monster
To begin our discussion this month, let's consider the following questions:
- What are you planning to read or have read for this month?
- Describe why is this book considered to be mythological/legendary-based.
- Is it a book/story that is an actual myth or legend or an adaptation of a myth or legend?
- What did you think of the book? Would you recommend it?