Why William Lance suspects the involvement of foul play about his daughter's disappearance from the ferry?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2018 Book of the month "The Face of Fear" by RJ Torbert
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 553
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Why William Lance suspects the involvement of foul play about his daughter's disappearance from the ferry?

Post by Sirajuddin A »

William Lance the father of Deborah Lance who still doesn't know about the kidnapping of her daughter, but he suspects the involvement of foul play. Why does William Lance think in that way?
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Isn't that the first thought that a father will get when his daughter is gone missing??
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
tranquilwaters86+2
Currently Reading: Real Principals Have No Class
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tranquilwaters86-2.html
Latest Review: Together by Claire Youmans

Post by tranquilwaters86+2 »

Father instincts. Some people have that kind of feeling before something bad actually happened. She happened to be the only offspring too, so you can't fault the man that much for being protective of his daughter.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

I would chalk this one up to good old fashioned father intict.
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

I can't guess why William Lance was thinking that way, maybe due to the reasons that other reviewers have mentioned.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
HRichards
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hrichards.html
Latest Review: Yeh-shen by Ray Simmons

Post by HRichards »

I would chalk it up to "father instincts", though many parents I would assume would be in denial and hope for the best in a lot of cases. It seems like a bit of a leap to think foul play before the disappearance is even established unless there are background reasons for assuming that.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

William Lance suspects the involvement of foul play about the kidnapping of his daughter because he was in doubt about her didappearance from the ferry so he thinks in that sense. He wants to find the reason of kidnapp of his daughter Deborah.
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

William Lance suspects the involvement of foul play about the kidnapping of his daughter because he was in doubt about her didappearance from the ferry so he thinks in that sense. He wants to find the reason of kidnapp of his daughter Deborah.
sszb
Favorite Book: Dear Mr. Knightley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sszb.html
Latest Review: Uncle Yuta has an Adventure by Claire Youmans
Reading Device: B072V4HK9F

Post by sszb »

A father's instinct. In fact a good old-fashioned father’s instinct. 💐💐
‏We’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one.”

‏ Middleton, Jacquelyn.
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

It would definitely come into mind when no reason for the kidnap has been known then. I think it is also natural given that no one rarely does something for no reason. Something was behind the kidnap.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

I'm not surprised he suspected foul play. For one thing, he saw Debbie drive onto the ferry himself, so it wasn't a question of her not getting on board. Next, they already had an established routine of communicating every so often each day, therefore, her silence, coupled with the call from Debbie's friend, Patty, about never meeting up with her, was enough to raise the foul-play-theory hairs on his back.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Vickie Noel wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 06:46 I'm not surprised he suspected foul play. For one thing, he saw Debbie drive onto the ferry himself, so it wasn't a question of her not getting on board. Next, they already had an established routine of communicating every so often each day, therefore, her silence, coupled with the call from Debbie's friend, Patty, about never meeting up with her, was enough to raise the foul-play-theory hairs on his back.
What a revelation. It must have sounded weird for him hearing that there was no proof that Debbie had gotten into the ferry yet he saw her driving into it. This is very true.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I was still wondering why William had to stay until Debbie got onto the ferry before leaving. Fatherly instincts must be real. It seems he had sensed something right from the beginning.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by Vickie Noel »

Kibetious wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 09:20 I was still wondering why William had to stay until Debbie got onto the ferry before leaving. Fatherly instincts must be real. It seems he had sensed something right from the beginning.
I think him staying until Debbie got onto the ferry was more of parental concern than previous suspicions. I know how often my own mum has done so; it gives this sense of assurance that the love one is safe.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:

Post by Vickie Noel »

Kibetious wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 09:18
Vickie Noel wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 06:46 I'm not surprised he suspected foul play. For one thing, he saw Debbie drive onto the ferry himself, so it wasn't a question of her not getting on board. Next, they already had an established routine of communicating every so often each day, therefore, her silence, coupled with the call from Debbie's friend, Patty, about never meeting up with her, was enough to raise the foul-play-theory hairs on his back.
What a revelation. It must have sounded weird for him hearing that there was no proof that Debbie had gotten into the ferry yet he saw her driving into it. This is very true.
I agree. And such a situation is better left imagined. But then again, his reputation and credibility in his home base can play up his chances of being believed by anyone asking whether or not Debbie got onto the ferry.

Return to “Discuss "The Face of Fear" by RJ Torbert”