2021 Reading Challenge

Looking for some exciting reading challenges? Look no further. Here will have all kind of fun challenges.
abigailjosep
Currently Reading: Seven Ways We Lie
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigailjosep.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: 2021 Reading Challenge

Post by abigailjosep »

Goal was to read 100 books so far done with only 40😅😅
Nathaniel Owolabi
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-owolabi.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nathaniel Owolabi »

I already set a goal to 30 books and I am on my seventh since I joined this website. However, if I were to include the once I had read before joining it would probably be double that number or more. I just love reading. I don't even need motivation to read books. It's just my personality. I love it .
Elena Nechita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elena-nechita.html
Latest Review: Zara Hanson & The Mystery of the Painted Symbol by J.L. Haynes

Post by Elena Nechita »

My initial goal was 100 books but then I realised i would like to do other things besides reading and now I'm down to 50. I've read 30 so far so this is an achievable goal.
Gautami G
Favorite Book: Tell Me Your Dreams
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gautami-g.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Post by Gautami G »

I'm late to the party since I'm a new member. The current goal I have set is 12 books in 2021. Being part of this community will truly inspire me to achieve it as much as possible.
Booklover10301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover10301.html
Latest Review: Unhinged by Steve Galley

Post by Booklover10301 »

I started this year hoping to just make it through 10 books. Being in college and having a brutal course load with lots of intense reading has put a damper on my ability to read for fun. I was able to read a handful of books during the spring semester, but once I was home for summer I started reading like crazy. At this point in time I am close to 20 and hope to continue this trend; however, I head back to university in two weeks and am not sure how successful I will be in my free-time reading. Fingers crossed.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1652
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Crossroads by Andrew Slac
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

Originally, I had only thought 60 books. I have to modify that goal because I am reading 1 to 2 books a day now. I am going for 150 books this year. I use my Goodreads account to keep track of what I have read, and all of my OBC reviews link to it. So, when people see a book I have reviewed and is published here, they see my reviewer link.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Shannon Ruane
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shannon-ruane.html
Latest Review: The Alex Cave Series Book 5. Pandora’s Eyes by James M. Corkill
Reading Device: B07F2TKPFN

Post by Shannon Ruane »

Hi!

Does it mean just books on the website (so read and reviewed) or just in general (so books read elsewhere "count")?

I hope to read 100 books minimum, but if only on the website I have a long way to go.

Also, does anyone have a "reading goal for 2019" pop up on their bookshelf profile when you go look at your shelves? Aside from the obvious fact 2019 is over, for people who joined after 2019, why would it show up? Or is this a glitch?

Unless the purpose is to compare yearly goals with each other (ex what your goal was and what you actually accomplished each year) shouldn't 2020 show up?

Does anyone set additional personal "challenges" like genre? (Ex read 100 sci-fi books)? This year I probably won't but maybe next year I might try a personal genre "challenge." This year I'm exploring to see what I like.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Shannon Ruane wrote: 17 Sep 2021, 00:08 Hi!

Does it mean just books on the website (so read and reviewed) or just in general (so books read elsewhere "count")?

I hope to read 100 books minimum, but if only on the website I have a long way to go.

Also, does anyone have a "reading goal for 2019" pop up on their bookshelf profile when you go look at your shelves? Aside from the obvious fact 2019 is over, for people who joined after 2019, why would it show up? Or is this a glitch?

Unless the purpose is to compare yearly goals with each other (ex what your goal was and what you actually accomplished each year) shouldn't 2020 show up?

Does anyone set additional personal "challenges" like genre? (Ex read 100 sci-fi books)? This year I probably won't but maybe next year I might try a personal genre "challenge." This year I'm exploring to see what I like.
It means all books, not just review books. All books count as long as you add them to your Shelf.

The reading goal for 2019 should not appear on the shelf for people who joined after 2019, so it is probably a glitch.

If one joined this year, 2020 should not appear either. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Siphosethu Kose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Siphosethu Kose »

I love mystery thrillers and I am hoping to get through at least one per month since I’m working and studying at the same time. I hope I can do this in the next few remaining months of the year. 😊😊
CMWendt
Favorite Book: Katie Weldon Series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cmwendt.html
Latest Review: Molly's New Pony, Sir Wallace McGee by David Casentini
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by CMWendt »

I have set a goal of 100 books for the year. So far I have read 67 books and am about to start my 68th. Im not quite sure how to add the books I have already read to my goal. Can anyone help with that?
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I read on a daily basis. Sometimes reading 3 books at a time. However I think I may have put in a reading goal but I don’t know how to change it and update it….any help would be appreciated thank you in advance
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Suzer6440 xyz wrote: 18 Oct 2021, 07:59 I read on a daily basis. Sometimes reading 3 books at a time. However I think I may have put in a reading goal but I don’t know how to change it and update it….any help would be appreciated thank you in advance
You change it via your UCP. It is updated any time you had a book to your Shelf and rate it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Thank you
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Susan Gibbs »

There is not much time left in 2021, but I am going to try to read a book every 2 weeks that are left. If i can find more time to spend reading, then I will try for a book a week.
Michael Fagbohun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-fagbohun.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Michael Fagbohun »

I gave not given much thought to how many books I intend to read, but I am curious as to how many books I can read by December.

Return to “Reading Challenges”