2017 Reading Challenge

Looking for some exciting reading challenges? Look no further. Here will have all kind of fun challenges.
Lyn8245+
Currently Reading: Blind Descent: Surviving Alone on Mount Everest
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: 2017 Reading Challenge

Post by Lyn8245+ »

Since I am a newbie, I'm going to start small and say 25
I would like to read more but I don't want to stress about it.
rainbow08
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rainbow08.html

Post by rainbow08 »

When I was a kid I was fascinated by a Disney movie Beauty and the Beast. Belle has a mountain of books. I envied her. I want to read books and get paid just by doing that. People are all busy I think nowadays but reading books is something that I cannot take for granted. Having two kids and a job makes it a challenge for me though. This year I want to challenge my self to read two books every month but I will stretch to 30 books by December.
stefanikay

Post by stefanikay »

I didn't keep track of how many I read last year, but I'm guessing it was about 30. I'll probably do about the same this year--2-3 books per month
gregs317
Previous Member of the Month

Post by gregs317 »

I'm gonna aim for about 12 -15 books for the year 2017. Which equals about 1 or 1.5 books per month. The only time I read is before bed, unless I go someplace like the library. I love to read but a book a day is too much of a rush for me.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

I actually spend much of my time reading books but these books are reference books because it's part of my job. My target this year is to improve my horizon by reading books of different genres. I want to set it at 50. that would be an average of 3 to 4 books in a month. I'm all up for this year's challenge.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

I actually spend much of my time reading books but these books are reference books because it's part of my job. My target this year is to improve my horizon by reading books of different genres. I want to set it at 50. that would be an average of 3 to 4 books in a month. I'm all up for this year's challenge.
deana
Currently Reading: The Perfect Stranger
Bookshelf Size: 74

Post by deana »

I am going for 50 books this year. If I go over then great!!
HummingBird
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hummingbird.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by HummingBird »

I reached my goal of 50 in 2015, but completely flunked 2016 as I was so busy, so I intend to reach 50 again for this year, and up it for 2018 if I succeed.
Marcy43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcy43.html

Post by Marcy43 »

If I were to set up any challenge, it would be to get through just one book without any outside interruptions. That would make me happy.
bigdaddysc
Favorite Author: John Corwin
Currently Reading: Dearest Mother of Mine
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigdaddysc.html
Reading Device: B018YHO3B2
fav_author_id: 4037

Post by bigdaddysc »

I am posting mine a little lower due to some job changes that are coming down the pipeline but I am going to post mine at 50 but plan to beat it.
Bayn
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bayn.html

Post by Bayn »

I'd like to say 50 and up it from previous years, but I think that'll be a reach goal for me and I'll shoot for 24, so two a month for sure. Anything else will just be bonus reading.
hollarobrob

Post by hollarobrob »

I will aim for 60 books this year
Jlsmiles

Post by Jlsmiles »

My plan for 2017 is to read 80 books. With an upcoming wedding I fear this goal might be a stretch for me.

Jody
Leparda
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... penwolf</a>
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leparda.html

Post by Leparda »

Anchovy cat wrote:Hmmm, I actually listen to more books than I actually read. Do those count? I think I could set a reading count of 50 plus at least another 15 on audio. Anyone else listen to books?
Audiobooks definitely counts as well! I don't really like listening to them, as it sometimes can be too slow or too fast for me. I also like imagining what kind of voice would a character have in my head (is it weird?) and the voice reading kills the experience.

As for me, I think I should make a much lower goal, because I tend to pick lots of books, over 200 sometimes. Maybe I'll try to set it to 70 at least :D
boleyj
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boleyj.html

Post by boleyj »

After being in school for so long and not really reading for "fun" for awhile, I will set my goal lower than most on this site. I am hoping to read 12 books by the end of the year and then go up year after year from there! I am already started on my first. :D

Return to “Reading Challenges”