2016 Reading Challenge

Looking for some exciting reading challenges? Look no further. Here will have all kind of fun challenges.
tylerchristine
Currently Reading: The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tylerchristine.html

Re: 2016 Reading Challenge

Post by tylerchristine »

Not necessarily for the whole year, but I do have a reading challenge for the summer. I have 10 books that I want to read. The first one was Perks of Being a Wallflower, which I just finished, and the next one is Clockwork Orange. I get the feeling that I will be done with the list before July lol.
pamelamraz
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pamelamraz.html

Post by pamelamraz »

I set at least 30 books for this year. I just started reading books two years ago. I can't say that I read slow but there are those times when you are experiencing bookslumps and major bookhangovers. Also being a college student, I kinda hard for me to make time for reading books. But vacation just started so, I have time to read lots of books. That is how you should spend your vacation anyway. :D
P_hernandez
Currently Reading: Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-hernandez.html
Latest Review: "Anna's Way" by D.F.Jones

Post by P_hernandez »

I've never participated in a reading challenge. Maybe I will this summer!
Latest Review: "Anna's Way" by D.F.Jones
Amyluue
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amyluue.html

Post by Amyluue »

Setting a small goal of about 35 but hoping to ready a lot more then that. Don't set yourself up for failure right? :tiphat:
TangledinText
Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookfix-blog.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by TangledinText »

Mine is 100. Last year is was 52 so one book a week and I think I got to 60 only because I slowed down when I saw my goal was almost reached.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Kesali
Reading Device: B00OTWPS52

Post by Kesali »

I don't read books so much as devour them....but a challenge to read more from different genres sounds interesting. Last year my challenge to myself was to read more diversely, seeking out female authors and authors of color, with settings that weren't the same tired ones everyone uses. I discovered a lot of great authors that way that were new to me.
Vojta92

Post by Vojta92 »

This would really keep me reading at a quick pace. Sometimes its hard to fit the time in, but definitely worth it if you can. The goal for me the rest of the year is 2 books a month. Here it goes!
arelireads
Currently Reading: Clockwork Princess
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arelireads.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by arelireads »

I want tor read 100 books this year but it seems so impossible now because I was on a reading slump for 5 months.
shel2000
Currently Reading: Reap the Shadows
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shel2000.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by shel2000 »

Wow, you guys are amazing, I have read 14 so far this year and thought I was doing well lol
akinton

Post by akinton »

This is awesome! I set my base goal for the year at one a month in order to encourage myself to get back to reading. I've already done that. The new goal is 30. Stretch is 50.

I was home schooled as a kid, so my mom would help me make a summer reading list. One year, she gave me a trophy because I read 40 books in one summer. I wish I still had that. Haha
napsnax

Post by napsnax »

I actually have a little bit of a challenge going on between myself and coworkers that I can read 40 books this year! They feel that this number is too high, but I plan on proving them wrong while reading some great books in the process.
amesc
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amesc.html

Post by amesc »

My challenge is to read at least 50 books this year, but I'm hoping to read way more than that.
kennerz1234
Currently Reading: The Art of Not Breathing
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennerz1234.html

Post by kennerz1234 »

my goal this year was at least 6, but I have read 8 now so I need to change my goal
JudyJo
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judyjo.html
Latest Review: Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by JudyJo »

It's already almost July! Can we still set a goal for 2016? I'm trying to think how many I've read this year already. I've really been focused on my writing since April, so it's not a high number of books read, but they have increased somewhat since I started checking out the freebies on Kindle. Do those count? I'm going to set a tentative number of 50 to complete from this point to the end of December, 2016.

And are we working on 2017 goals yet?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

JudyJo wrote:It's already almost July! Can we still set a goal for 2016? I'm trying to think how many I've read this year already. I've really been focused on my writing since April, so it's not a high number of books read, but they have increased somewhat since I started checking out the freebies on Kindle. Do those count? I'm going to set a tentative number of 50 to complete from this point to the end of December, 2016.

And are we working on 2017 goals yet?
Of course you can. :)

No, we aren't working on 2017 goals yet.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Reading Challenges”