A to Z Challenge: Animals

Looking for some exciting reading challenges? Look no further. Here will have all kind of fun challenges.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

A to Z Challenge: Animals

Post by Gravy »

A to Z challenges are pretty straight forward. Just fill out the alphabet with the required category, in this case, ANIMALS.

Example:
Ardvark for A
Bat for B
Cat for C

You must find the animal in a book you read. Please provide the name of the book and let us know where in the book you found it.

Also, the animal should be real and recognized as such. No using yeti for Y, or dragon for D... ;)

*For Q, U, X, Y, and Z, you can substitute an animal which just has the letter in the name.
Example: Fox for X

Have fun!

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

W

X

Y

Z
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

What about Komodo dragons, etc.? :eusa-think:
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
_Delly_01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delly-01.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by _Delly_01 »

A. Armadillo. In My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga, Aysel visits the zoo and sees armadillos.

B. Bird. In Bird Box by Josh Malerman, birds are used as an alarm system to warn against the creature.

C. Caterpillar. In The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle, a caterpillar binge eats before metamorphosis.

D. Dog. In Kutter by Jeff Strand, a serial killer finds companionship with a dog, and names him Kutter.

E. Egret. In History of Wolves by Emily Fridland, Linda watches egrets dive into the water and pluck fish.

F. Firefly. In The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, fireflies gather over Susie's murderer's flowerbeds.

G. Galah. In Aussie Bush Yarns by Jennie Lennane, Ruth watches galah's swirl overhead while a fire rages.

H. Horse. In Black Beauty by Anna Sewell, Beauty is a horse, and the story is told from Beauty's perspective.

I.

J.

K.

L. Lobster. In Made You Up by Francesca Zappia, Alex frees the lobsters from their tank in a supermarket.

M. Mouse. In Flowers for Algernon for Daniel Keyes, Algernon is the mouse being experimented on.

N.

O.

P.

Q.

R. Rabbit. In Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol, a rabbit inadvertently leads Alice into Wonderland.

S. Snake. In A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Reptile Room by Lemony Snicket, Sunny gets bitten on the chin by the Incredibly Deadly Viper.
T. Toad. In Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling, Hagrid spots Neville's toad, Trevor, while leading the first year students out of their boats.

U.

V.

W. Wombat. In The Tomorrow Series: Burning for Revenge by John Marsden, Ellie teases a wombat with a flashlight, then gets chased by it.
X. Fox. In Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter, Peter gets chased by a fox in McGregor's garden.

Y.

Z. Zebra. In Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, a 'Disaster March' commences, and a zebra narrowly escapes a lion's swipe.

Return to “Reading Challenges”