Are we meeting a turning point? On which decision have you come up after reading the book?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Re: Are we meeting a turning point? On which decision have you come up after reading the book?

Post by Jajachris »

Both medical systems may need to work together if we hope to defeat cancer. I also believe that Intergrative medicine is the best but both alternative and conventional medicine need to find a common ground to work in the best interest of humanity and not trying to hard to discredit each other.
Bookreviwer2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviwer2020.html
Latest Review: Puzzle of Fate by A. Reza Kamarei

Post by Bookreviwer2020 »

Yes, I think that cancer is curable, but from what I hear and read it seems that alternative treatments such as nutrition, herbs and so forth are more effective than standard treatments. It does seem that those who have chemotherapy often don't make it and often suffer while having it. Yet I have heard of people who have put themselves on special diets - or someone else pit them in it, then they get better without loosing haitcanf suffering
Reading gives us somewhere to go when we have to stay where we are
Barbara Larkin
Currently Reading: The Raven Boys
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-larkin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Barbara Larkin »

I think cancer is curable. The thing is that we're still stuck in the 'why' or 'how' phases, and it's hard to solve an issue that isn't wholly understood. I can't say for sure which method is the best- both have obvious pros and cons and I think it's up to the patient and her doctor to find a balance between them.
Effie Cherotich
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-effie-cherotich.html
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien

Post by Effie Cherotich »

This book has definitely changed my perspective on integrative medicine. The best part is that she also mentions other common alternatives to other diseases that are not cancer. For instance, there's the mention of cinnamon in managing diabetes.
Latest Review: Khanjar by Bob O'Brien
Agbata precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-precious.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Agbata precious »

Yes, every problem havee a solution. Cancer is curable, and I also think both modern and natural ways should be used.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

briellejee wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 00:00 I think after reading it, cancer seems to be curable if corporate greed won't come in the way. As also said in the book, both medical systems may need to work hand in hand, especially in late stages, in order to beat cancer. I would favor both of them actually. I was a bit skeptic at first about alternative medicine, but I can see where it could help where orthodox medicine can't.

I think so too.
Fentymak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fentymak.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Fentymak »

I believe it is curable. Researchers studying natural medecine should be given more resources.
Micheal Ukewuihe
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micheal-ukewuihe.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micheal Ukewuihe »

I have always believed in the natural ways of medicine and how it is possible to cure a lot of illnesses with herbs and the ban and sudden deaths of the researchers and scientists that figure this out with proof is definitely alarming
Miranda Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miranda-alex.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Miranda Alex »

Various techniques may be used. I believe that both natural and technological treatments may be effective. However, I believe that natural approaches deserve more attention than they now get. I believe that in order to support the development of new medications, these practices are suppressed and hidden.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

There is never a problem without a solution, in my opinion. I also think it is possible to treat cancer. The author offers an alternate approach and has successfully persuaded a sizable number of people to use it. Sincerely, I was unable to choose between the author's viewpoint and conventional procedures. I think mine is merely an opinion. I would agree with the author's methods of treatment.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

I have always believed that cancer is curable. The author presents an alternative method and has converted a significant number people to that way. I honestly could not make a decision between normal methods and the author's take. I believe that mine is only an opinion. I would subscribe to the author's curative techniques.

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”