Overall rating and opinion of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
32Kslater
Currently Reading: Aussie Bush Yarns
Bookshelf Size: 18

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by 32Kslater »

Sylie Beljanski book is most heart taking collaboration of battling in the battle fields for solutions I give it 4star rating for the title . My heart goes out for people whose in this tribulation with blessings and getting well.
_Delly_01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delly-01.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by _Delly_01 »

I wanted to read the sample to get a feel for the tone and style of the book, but the foreword and introduction were quite long, and I didn't get to read much more than half of the first chapter.

I don't have cancer myself, so I've never considered looking into alternative, natural methods on battling this disease, but I do believe in finding natural remedies for diseases in general. However, a glimpse into the background of this book has revealed a bit of a controversial history, where the Supreme Court banned medical professionals from sharing the research conducted by the author's father to their patients. Reading the description of the book itself, it sounds like the book was written in a way to provoke the sense of a government conspiracy, when the book is simply detrimental to a person's health. Based on the little research I've done, I feel this book is not a good fit for me.

If I'm mistaken, or there's much more to it, I would love to know. I'm also sorry if I've offended anyone, because that wasn't at all my intention. I'm just sharing my thoughts based on the research I felt was needed to make a personal decision on whether I would like to read this.
Melissa VanCleave Plant
Currently Reading: Looking Glass Friends
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-vancleave-plant.html
Latest Review: Heroes of Atlantis by Ryan Carriere
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melissa VanCleave Plant »

As an alternative health professional, I can tell you that you should be more interested in any information that our government has "banned." I just finished reading this book and although I found it to be long winded, the research is unparalleled and revolutionary. The book is more about the author's journey to share her father's work than about the work itself. None of the information in the book is detrimental to a person's health as all the research promotes the alternative treatments as support to standard medical care such as chemotherapy and not as a replacement. Knowledge is power and knowledge they don't want you to have is that much more powerful. Don't pass up the opportunity to glimpse the world that alternative practitioners deal with.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 853
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

FictionLover wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 09:41 I'm only half way through, but so far I think it is a 4 star read. It is well written and the beginning is very compelling.

There is a lot of research and footnotes which I have tried to keep up with, but as I said, I have a way to go, so I will reserve my opinion on the scientific part.
Guess i will try pick it up to see the content and the relevance to its topic.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Dic45ta
Favorite Book: Burn Zones
Currently Reading: Surviving Life As An Actor
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dic45ta.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Dic45ta »

It is well-researched and touching. The author put so much emotion into writing that it easily warms your heart. I think its a perfect score read.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

It sounds like a an interesting book. I enjoy reading research occasionally. It’s gotten great reviews too, I’ll have to add it to my list.
Gurpreet Arora
Currently Reading:

Post by Gurpreet Arora »

The story's origin is her father's experience and research. I like that the author's voice is calm and it sounds like she makes her arguments in a clear way. What makes me somewhat hesitant to look at it as solid research is the emphasis on conspiracy theories stressed in the blurb.
I would definitely recommend this book to someone who is fighting cancer and need some mental support
Helen91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen91.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Helen91 »

From the little I have read so far, I see that Sylvie carried out a detailed research on Cancer. She has compiled a book that is not just going to be helpful to people already living with this disease but also for people interested in preventing and curbing the menace.I will rate this book a 4 of 4 star rating particularly because it will serve as a soothing balm for those looking to get alternative help
angellove123
Currently Reading:

Post by angellove123 »

"You were born with ability to change someone's life--don't ever waste it."

This book is a good book since it talks about real thing. It was well-researched. And one thing I really liked was the author's willingness to help people as we have read at the first chapter.

I will rate this 4 out of 4 since I believe that people needs this book. This is very helpful.
nbel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nbel.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by nbel »

The book was very informative. I liked the calm tone which made the author’s voice sound like she was was making her arguments in a clear way. The story was about her father’s research and experience. I think this book was well-researched and can help people. :techie-studyinggray:
angellove123
Currently Reading:

Post by angellove123 »

I have read this book and I rated it 4 oit of 4 since the book is really informative and helpful. Must read!
Dawud Adaviruku
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawud-adaviruku.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Dawud Adaviruku »

I have not read this book but from the review I saw, I might probably rate it with 4 stars if given the chance. It is an outstanding novel that is packed with loaded practicals informations. The book is well researched.
Roxanne Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxanne-thomas.html
Latest Review: Toward Happier Choices by Michael Oborn

Post by Roxanne Thomas »

This book definitely deserves a 4 out 4 star. I find it to be very informative and well researched. It gives Cancer patients another option other that surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. This alternative option is inexpensive and naturally made. Great book.
Sharon2056
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon2056.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Sharon2056 »

The book was informative and highly detailed. I liked how the story was written you could easily sympathise with her.Definitely I'll give it a four star!
bigscarythingy
Currently Reading: Best Evidence
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigscarythingy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by bigscarythingy »

I'm usually a self-confessed cynic when it comes to cancer-cure claims. This book presents it's argument rationally and apparently backed up by evidence. It gradually wore me down and now I feel mildly convinced, if not fully converted. Not a bad read.

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”