Is this book an opinion or result of a research?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: Is this book an opinion or result of a research?

Post by T_stone »

Personally, I think the authors opinions in this book were based further researches in addition to her fathers'.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
HRichards
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hrichards.html
Latest Review: Yeh-shen by Ray Simmons

Post by HRichards »

The book seems to have quite a bit of research behind it. The author may have not gotten a degree in the subject, but they seem like they've done valid research. Possibly some more credibility might be added to the book if there was some more high level research, but I felt like this book had good points made.
KSaxer
Currently Reading: 24 Hours That Changed The World
Bookshelf Size: 615
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksaxer.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by KSaxer »

She acknowledges her lack of knowledge right off and constantly supports her statements with footnotes to the research her father did, which is included in the book. I agree that she did surround herself with people who do have the science background to understand the research as well as support her.
Georgia Lyonhyde
Currently Reading: A Tale For The Time Being
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georgia-lyonhyde.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Georgia Lyonhyde »

I'm more inclined to see this as a book offering an opinion. Whilst there may be research involved, it isn't enough to sway me to step away from traditional medical practices even if they do involve toxins.
You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.
–Paul Sweeney :tiphat:
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Susmita Biswas »

This is the result of his father's research.
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
Timjim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timjim.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Timjim »

Well, I think the author's background in this field is not strong enough for this book to qualify as a research.
Loraboogaard
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Loraboogaard »

As a Christian, I do believe that at creation everything was perfect, even the food. Adam and Eve didn’t need pesticides and fertilizers to make their fruits and vegetables grow. When sin came into the world, things became imperfect. Bugs, disease, and so on. As time has gone by, these things have multiplied so many times. New diseases are discovered every day! I am a survivor of a blood cancer, in fact, it’s the fifth rarest disease in the world, with a five year life expectancy. It was a miracle that I am here today. As I went into the emergency room one night, there was a doctor on call who happened to have just finished reading a book on this disease and diagnosed me. A very long story, short. I was put on a non FDA approved drug that I could feel working immediately. This drug has brutal side effects and I will have to be on it for life. The past two years, I have been experimenting with different foods and oils to see if my side effect could be eliminated through eating.
Because of certain natural products, I now have a full head of hair, my joint pain is gone,and people I don’t even know are coming up to me and telling me how beautiful my complexion is. (When I first started the drug I had acne and cysts all over my face). I feel better than I ever have! I do believe that God put plants and trees on this earth that serve a purpose. We just need to find the right ones for the right ailments. The human body is a very complicated and an amazing creation. We will never understand it completely. The author and her father are on the right track, though. Each person is different and each disease is different, and I believe that no two people are alike, and have to be treated differently. I highly recommend this book if you have cancer or other health problems. I also highly recommend you to see a doctor who specializes in these natural cures. You cannot attempt them on your own (other than eating organic food that grows in the ground, like God intended for us to eat). It is way too complicated. People who are experts on this subject have spent their whole life in research.
Popcorn1
Currently Reading: The reel sistelrs
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-popcorn1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Popcorn1 »

This book has a lot of references that proves that it is not opinion-based. When I read the book, I found that Sylvie did not write any assumptions about the natural cure. All that she had presented is backed with the evidence of research conducted by doctors and scientists mentioned in the book.
timd
Favorite Book: The Rim of Space
Currently Reading: Making Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 440
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timd.html
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited

Post by timd »

Legal practitioners often acquire a lot of knowledge in other fields of study. The author's father was a molecular biologist who passed a lot of his knowledge on to her, so it could be argued that this is based on scientific research. However, scientists who are rebels in their fields often have views opposed to those of the rest of their colleges. Without sufficient research, it is not really possible to say that this is supported by scientific proof.
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited
Robby Chandra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Robby Chandra »

Books must be published based on personal research not the results of other people's research, even if the person is his father! because with the results of the research itself, the book is guaranteed the value contained in it.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

I think it is entirely possible that it is based on research. There are many scientific articles that state certain medicines or foods shrink cancerous tumors. There is also numerous research that shows different types of cannabis can also cure cancer. Overall, I think it would be better not to overlook any research that may be the most sufficient/healthy way to cure cancer.
Megan Heady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megan-heady.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Megan Heady »

I think this is basically a thesis driven research paper. She is not a doctor, but she has done a lot of research and shows her sources well. I do not believe in homeopathic medicine, and she did not convince me that I should
But she presented her case well and showed her work, so I don't think this is merely her opinion, but rather her thesis.
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I think this author presents more evidence than is often available on alternative methods. It is very difficult to study alternative methods for numerous reasons, including funding. What needs to be studied thoroughly is not just the quantity of life afforded by various treatments, but also the quality of life. Long-term effects of some traditional treatments can be disheartening, disfiguring, and disabling. Chemotherapy, the most "proven" traditional treatment leaves many people wishing they had chosen differently. If smaller doses could be used, in conjunction an integrative treatment plan, that is a good thing.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Zora C Penter
Currently Reading: Every Ghost Has Its Story
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zora-c-penter.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Zora C Penter »

Eva Darrington wrote: 14 Feb 2019, 11:16 I think this author presents more evidence than is often available on alternative methods. It is very difficult to study alternative methods for numerous reasons, including funding. What needs to be studied thoroughly is not just the quantity of life afforded by various treatments, but also the quality of life. Long-term effects of some traditional treatments can be disheartening, disfiguring, and disabling. Chemotherapy, the most "proven" traditional treatment leaves many people wishing they had chosen differently. If smaller doses could be used, in conjunction an integrative treatment plan, that is a good thing.
Great insight! I too feel that the "Beljanski protocol" outlined in this book has much more extensive research than you usually see or hear about from alternative medicine. I also feel that the father having been proved right about the exact origin of most cancers and what defines a carcinogen further validates information in the book.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

I think it's a combination of both. Forming an opinion based on what she's observed led her to continue in her father's research, thereby uncovering hidden aspects in the process. We could surmise that her keen interest in making adequate research is fueled by her strong personal opinions on the issue.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”