Is this book an opinion or result of a research?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
Zora C Penter
Currently Reading: Every Ghost Has Its Story
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zora-c-penter.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Re: Is this book an opinion or result of a research?

Post by Zora C Penter »

Eva Darrington wrote: ↑14 Feb 2019, 11:16 I think this author presents more evidence than is often available on alternative methods. It is very difficult to study alternative methods for numerous reasons, including funding. What needs to be studied thoroughly is not just the quantity of life afforded by various treatments, but also the quality of life. Long-term effects of some traditional treatments can be disheartening, disfiguring, and disabling. Chemotherapy, the most "proven" traditional treatment leaves many people wishing they had chosen differently. If smaller doses could be used, in conjunction an integrative treatment plan, that is a good thing.
Great insight! I too feel that the "Beljanski protocol" outlined in this book has much more extensive research than you usually see or hear about from alternative medicine. I also feel that the father having been proved right about the exact origin of most cancers and what defines a carcinogen further validates information in the book.
Vickie Noel
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 678
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

I think it's a combination of both. Forming an opinion based on what she's observed led her to continue in her father's research, thereby uncovering hidden aspects in the process. We could surmise that her keen interest in making adequate research is fueled by her strong personal opinions on the issue.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Bergahitaxxxxla
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bergahitaxxxxla.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Bergahitaxxxxla »

Not only research, but also good results solidify the book's claims.
_Delly_01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delly-01.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by _Delly_01 »

I haven't read The War on Cancer myself, but based on the research I've done on it, it's definitely based on opinion. The fact that the Supreme Court has banned medical practitioners from revealing the author's father's research to patients says as much. There might be some valuable ideas, maybe even irrevocable proof on a couple of things, but it sounds as though most of it is buried under the weight of the author's own personal bias. The fact the author says the content is one-hundred percent real is very misleading, not to mention, dangerous.
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

edith38 wrote: ↑01 Jan 2019, 10:22 The author has a degree in law not in any form of medicine, research or health. However, she bases her claims on her father's work who was a molecular biologist and she is speaking in the name of a company that aim is to "brings together science and nature to create high quality, innovative health and beauty products". Do you feel that the book is based on a sufficient level of research to back its claims?
I think the book is based on sufficient level of research which her father started, she only continued from where he stopped. Forget about degree. Many degree holders in medicine field know nothing about what they studied for years. Degree or no degree, Sylvie proved her method works with testimonies of others and evidence.
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...
DakotaA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dakotaa.html
Latest Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by DakotaA »

To me, the face that the author has no scholarly medical or medical research training makes the book opinion. That doesn't necessarily mean that the information in the book is wrong though.
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus
Drmplant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drmplant.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Drmplant »

The author, with her degree in law, has already proved herself quite intelligent. She is simply sharing her father's research with us. The information is backed by over 133 published research articles and at least two published books. Research that has been duplicated at Columbia University, a very prestigious American University. All that research and no negative side effects, no mainstream medical treatment can make those claims. Yet everyone wants to keep throwing their trust and money a large corporations that are interested in nothing more than making money.
Tester013
Currently Reading: Shot Down
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tester013.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Tester013 »

I definitely think that this book is more opinion based that research backed. That being said though, the opinions are not completely baseless.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

I think it was based on her father's research. I also believe that if you really want to know the truth about anything, you should do more research in what other people have found - somewhat similar to, "Get a second opinion". Personally, the book gave me hope.
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Fate Won't Compromise by Catherine Blakely

Post by Morgan Jones »

I thinka mixture of both, though it is very well researched indeed.
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
zjacks
Favorite Book: The Song of Achilles
Currently Reading: The Immigrant's Lament
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zjacks.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by zjacks »

I believe that this book, due to her knowledge coming from the previous knowledge from her father, can be counted as an "educated opinion'' rather than research-based. If it were research-based, she would have far more critical articles and scientific publications than that of her father.
Helen91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen91.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Helen91 »

The author and her team did some research on the topic. This coupled with the knowledge and experience garnered from her father makes her qualified to write on the subject matter in my opinion
MdNickez
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MdNickez »

For all intents and purposes, undoubtedly; it is understandable that the book might give credence to the father's scientific achievement. However, there's no better way to help humanity than making sure such important scientific document's unearthed and brought to the public glare for the improvement of health standard and not cast to oblivion.
Melchi Asuma
Currently Reading: Patch Man
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melchi-asuma.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Melchi Asuma »

Personal opinion can be informed from research. Other times, it influences interpretation of research. i think this shows both.
MA
Aniza Butt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aniza-butt.html
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Post by Aniza Butt »

I haven't read this book yet but i think it is difficult to write a well researched book on medicine by a lawyer.
"A Day May Come When The Courage of Men Fails.....
But It is Not This Day..This Day We FIGHT!!!"
~Aragorn~
Latest Review: Aurona by BB Prescott

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”