Would you use Beljanski's Cancer Protocol?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
KSaxer
Currently Reading: 24 Hours That Changed The World
Bookshelf Size: 615
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksaxer.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Would you use Beljanski's Cancer Protocol?

Post by KSaxer »

If I was diagnosed with cancer, I would definitely use the supplements. I want to survive and I don't my children's childhood to be filled with memories of me being sick and weak. As for preventive, maybe. Outside of some tendonitis, I don't have big health issues.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

I think Beljansji's cancer treatments as both preventive measures, and a cure as well. Preventing cancer is better than curing it.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
FictionLover
Favorite Book: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictionlover.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by FictionLover »

steigerd wrote: 28 Jan 2019, 19:20 Absolutely not. Treatment is always a guessing game as it is, but with the advancement in the patient-directed therapy, I would rather chance on the treatment based off of my gene panel or DNA panel.
Did you read the book? She explains why cancers are not always genetically based.
"I love reading another reader’s list of favorites. Even when I find I do not share their tastes or predilections, I am provoked to compare, contrast, and contradict. It is a most healthy exercise, and one altogether fruitful." T.S. Eliot
BelleReadsNietzsche
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche »

I think it would be dangerous to use this protocol only, without also utilizing other methods recommended by one's own personal doctors. But while I personally love to use additional herbal treatments in general, I think the fact that they often cannot be relied on as the primary treatment method speaks for itself. The recommendations for cancer prevention seem mostly harmless/helpful to incorporate.
"The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." -Ratatouille (2007)
steigerd
Favorite Book: The Boys in the Boat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steigerd.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by steigerd »

Yes, I did, but I was stating my opinion. I worked in Cancer Research for over 15 years. Not all cancers are DNA based or treatments available. One will reach a point in their treatment regimen when all that is left is comfort care. I have used alternative medicines and I have seen them work in some situations. I have also seen prayer work, as well as treatments by medicine men. But the question was would I use this protocol. My answer then is no. I would continue to support what clinical trials have proven. Also, I would make the choice of treatment lines based on the results of the research. Research also shows what does not work or make any difference in the length of life. I still lean toward DNA directed care.
FictionLover
Currently Reading:

Post by FictionLover »

steigerd wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 22:40 Yes, I did, but I was stating my opinion. I worked in Cancer Research for over 15 years. Not all cancers are DNA based or treatments available. One will reach a point in their treatment regimen when all that is left is comfort care. I have used alternative medicines and I have seen them work in some situations. I have also seen prayer work, as well as treatments by medicine men. But the question was would I use this protocol. My answer then is no. I would continue to support what clinical trials have proven. Also, I would make the choice of treatment lines based on the results of the research. Research also shows what does not work or make any difference in the length of life. I still lean toward DNA directed care.
Thanks for answering. It seems very difficult getting any kind of dialog going in these threads.

Since you worked in cancer research, maybe you can explain to me why you would go with clinical trials over the research she presents? Do you think her research samples are too small? Or do you think they are not clinically based enough?

Even though you stated that not all cancers are DNA based, you lean toward DNA directed care. Can you explain why?

"I love reading another reader’s list of favorites. Even when I find I do not share their tastes or predilections, I am provoked to compare, contrast, and contradict. It is a most healthy exercise, and one altogether fruitful." T.S. Eliot
steigerd
Favorite Book: The Boys in the Boat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steigerd.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by steigerd »

It would take pages to explain the clinical trial process which is filled with checks and balances. First impressions are that the research is in a small population and in a limited population mostly French and Belgium. A clinical trial has to have a diverse population with strict inclusion and exclusion criteria. Also, the results have to be repeatable in several clinical trials with a larger and larger diversified population. Yes, the system for the running of a clinical trial is flawed in some ways and the costs are astronomical but do we have an alternative. The stories of failures make the news, but what do you hear of the successes. I could find only 1 US Trial listed on Clinical Trials.gov researching the protocol which was only performed on 32 patients. The paper published states there was an improvement, but it was a single group assignment with no control group. Other studies are still in vitro an in vivo in mice. The protocol may be proven successful in the future, but currently, I don't see enough proof. I have seen Phase 3 trials performed on 300-1000 patients not be proven after being successful during all previous phases of clinical trials. I have even seen drugs removed from the market after being approved because of an unknown side effect or another non-pharmacological agent or treatment regimen is more beneficial. Even after treatment is approved research is still performed to continually measure effectiveness. My response to your question about DNA directed therapy. I believe in Personalized Cancer Medicine which looks at a person's genetic makeup and tumor growth. This helps find more effective ways to prevent, screen and treat. Cancer.Net has information about Personalized Cancer Medicine. So why would I go to the doctor and take chemotherapy to say breast cancer with all the side effects when it might even not work. If I do the testing for ER, PR, and HER2 then I would know which treatment is most likely to lower recurrence rate. I believe research is the answer.
FictionLover
Currently Reading:

Post by FictionLover »

Interesting. Thanks.
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Susmita Biswas »

Yes I would use the protocols.
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

FictionLover wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 18:36 In Winning the War on Cancer, Sylvie Beljanski describes the results she has seen when cancer patients use her father's extracts from the Pao Pereira tree and the Rauwolfia vomitoria plant. Would you consider using these botanical preparations as recommended in the Bonus section of the book?

If yes, how would you use them? As a preventative, or as a cancer treatment?
Pharmaceutical and surgical methods have failed over time. So, if there's a natural method why won't I try it? I'd use it as a preventative. And I advise cancer patients to use it.
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...
Melissa VanCleave Plant
Currently Reading: Looking Glass Friends
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissa-vancleave-plant.html
Latest Review: Heroes of Atlantis by Ryan Carriere

Post by Melissa VanCleave Plant »

kandscreeley wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 11:26 Both! I've already determined, due to prior experiences with modern medicine, that if I got cancer, I would NOT get chemo. I know of several natural treatments that I would try. This would definitely be something that I would stick into my treatment sack.
I agree with you 100%. I wouldn't just try one thing if I were diagnosed. I would throw everything I have ever learned at it. I would change my diet, remove toxins from my house and try different supplements. I am still on the fence about Chemo. I honestly can't say what my decision would be until truly faced with that decision. I now know of several natural treatments that can assist chemo, so I just might choose to do both.
Jessacardinal
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessacardinal.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jessacardinal »

I would absolutely use the extracts on myself as a preventative and as a treatment for my father. Had I read this book four years ago, I also would have used the extracts to cure my mothers terminal pancreatic cancer. She would have been alive for my wedding and the birth of her first grandchild. It should be of no surprise that I have already studied the Beljanski Foundation website and plan on purchasing the products available on Sylvie's website.
"Let's be reasonable and add an eighth day to the week that is devoted exclusively to reading." - Lena Dunham
FictionLover
Currently Reading:

Post by FictionLover »

Jessacardinal wrote: 19 Feb 2019, 17:51 I would absolutely use the extracts on myself as a preventative and as a treatment for my father. Had I read this book four years ago, I also would have used the extracts to cure my mothers terminal pancreatic cancer. She would have been alive for my wedding and the birth of her first grandchild. It should be of no surprise that I have already studied the Beljanski Foundation website and plan on purchasing the products available on Sylvie's website.
Cool.
FictionLover
Currently Reading:

Post by FictionLover »

Drmplant wrote: 19 Feb 2019, 14:00
kandscreeley wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 11:26 Both! I've already determined, due to prior experiences with modern medicine, that if I got cancer, I would NOT get chemo. I know of several natural treatments that I would try. This would definitely be something that I would stick into my treatment sack.
I agree with you 100%. I wouldn't just try one thing if I were diagnosed. I would throw everything I have ever learned at it. I would change my diet, remove toxins from my house and try different supplements. I am still on the fence about Chemo. I honestly can't say what my decision would be until truly faced with that decision. I now know of several natural treatments that can assist chemo, so I just might choose to do both.
I know I would not go with chemo.
amandathebibliophile
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandathebibliophile.html
Latest Review: Short of Love by Martin Knox

Post by amandathebibliophile »

I would definitely use these extracts for preventative purposes first. But I would absolutely not rule out using them for an actual cancer diagnosis either.

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”