Are we meeting a turning point? On which decision have you come up after reading the book?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
Felicity Granger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-felicity-granger.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Are we meeting a turning point? On which decision have you come up after reading the book?

Post by Felicity Granger »

I do believe cancer is curable. However, Beljanski boldly cites her method as the cure "if done intelligently", which I find rather ostentatious. Yes, these methods do work but completely? No. If it were the case that everyone who utilized this method had a success rate of over 90% then it be more credible, though what with very few (in contrast to conventional medicine) actually employing this method, the comparative data is rather limited.
readerrihana
Currently Reading: Cute tooth decay
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerrihana.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by readerrihana »

I think that the main thing is that a person is able to be cured. If someone finds that an alternative cure is helpful and works for them then I think they can and should try it- even have to if they want to be cured.

But of course people have different degrees of cancer and may respond differently. If someone does not see any improvement using herbal medicine and alternative means them perhaps the final alternative is the chemo, radio, and all the other standard types of modern therapy.

Yet they do not sure everything always as well.

So I guess the strongest and most determined approach is to use all the different treatments possible so long as they don't conflict with each other or harm a person
Jajachris
Currently Reading: The Blue Lagoon (Official Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jajachris.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Jajachris »

Both medical systems may need to work together if we hope to defeat cancer. I also believe that Intergrative medicine is the best but both alternative and conventional medicine need to find a common ground to work in the best interest of humanity and not trying to hard to discredit each other.
Bookreviwer2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviwer2020.html
Latest Review: Puzzle of Fate by A. Reza Kamarei

Post by Bookreviwer2020 »

Yes, I think that cancer is curable, but from what I hear and read it seems that alternative treatments such as nutrition, herbs and so forth are more effective than standard treatments. It does seem that those who have chemotherapy often don't make it and often suffer while having it. Yet I have heard of people who have put themselves on special diets - or someone else pit them in it, then they get better without loosing haitcanf suffering
Reading gives us somewhere to go when we have to stay where we are
Barbara Larkin
Currently Reading: The Raven Boys
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-larkin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Barbara Larkin »

I think cancer is curable. The thing is that we're still stuck in the 'why' or 'how' phases, and it's hard to solve an issue that isn't wholly understood. I can't say for sure which method is the best- both have obvious pros and cons and I think it's up to the patient and her doctor to find a balance between them.

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”