Are we meeting a turning point? On which decision have you come up after reading the book?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
KSaxer
Currently Reading: 24 Hours That Changed The World
Bookshelf Size: 615
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksaxer.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Are we meeting a turning point? On which decision have you come up after reading the book?

Post by KSaxer »

It seems to me, based on what the Beljanski's promote, that the only true cure for cancer is to remove carcinogens from our environment. Once someone has cancer though it is only through a symbiotic relationship with conventional medicine and high quality environmental medicine that the symptoms and side effects can be managed into non-existence until the faulty gene is killed.
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Susmita Biswas »

I think the book is exceptionally good because it can help so many people.
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
ZipIsHere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zipishere.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by ZipIsHere »

At first when I didn't read this book. I thought Cancer couldn't be cured but
now I know that its just people being greedy and telling everyone "Oh this is a disease that can't be cured but we're looking anyway."
In reality, they do have the cure, they are just sucking as much money out of you as they can get.
But in other states, I do know they don't have the cure yet.
Kristin Ransome
Currently Reading: Way of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firefawkes.html
Latest Review: The Augur's View by Victoria Lehrer

Post by Kristin Ransome »

I believe that all cancers can be cured, but some may not be within acceptable risk. It is because of this that I believe that integrative medicine could be highly beneficial for the patient, because it does use proven methods to kill the cancerous cells, as well as methods to help support the patients body as a whole (considering the trauma it is being put through).
randompersonavility
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randompersonavility.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by randompersonavility »

As long they deliver good results, I think trying other methods is okay.
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

Ayat paarsa wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 23:05 Days passed when the diagnosis of cancer was considered a death message. There are many treatments of cancer in conventional, complementary and alternative (CAM), and integrative medicine now.

Conventional medicine includes chemotherapy (allopathic drugs), surgery, radiation therapy, immunotherapy, stem cell transplant, vaccine therapy, blood transfusion, and hormone therapy. This is a modern type of medicine. Mostly synthetic drugs are used in this medical system that are not far from side effects.

Complementary and alternative medicine (CAD) is a type of medical system that includes all homeopathic, naturopathic, Ayurveda, and Chinese types of medicine. This is an old type of medical system. Mostly natural (based on whole food) supplements are used in this system.

Integrative medicine is another type of medical system. This is an intelligent combination of CAM and conventional medicine. It takes the whole person into consideration, including all aspects of lifestyle.

The author of the book, Miss. Sylvie Beljanski, believes that integrative medicine can cure cancer if done intelligently. However, she also says that supplements should be of high quality and natural. The profound research of the author's father is also based on a non-toxic and natural cure. These natural supplements are available on the author's website.

On which decision have to come up after reading the book? Is cancer curable? If so, which type of medical system/medicine would you favor?
Cancer is curable. It's just that the greedy elite echelons won't let the cure spread. Medicines are made from natural extracts. So, I think the natural cure Sylvie proposes is good and the knowledge of the existence of a natural cure should be dispersed as widely as possible.
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...
soccerts
Favorite Book: Farenheit 451
Currently Reading: Theory of Colours
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soccerts.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by soccerts »

Bavithra M wrote: 02 Jan 2019, 00:46 Cancer has become a taboo only in the past 10 years before that no one had cancer or very less people only had cancer.
I'm not sure why you're getting your facts, but my grandpa died of cancer sixty years ago, along with most of my family on that side. It was much more lethal then because it could not be caught in the early stages. It's nowhere near as taboo nowadays. People told my grandpa death was certain and swift. When my mother was diagnosed with the same cancer, it was hardly even a lifestyle change, much less a death sentence.

I have cousins who survived brain cancer through the miracle of modern medicine. I also have an uncle who beat lymphoma using alternative medicine after doctors had written him off as a lost cause. He now runs marathons and is the picture of health. I do believe in integration and being open-minded, but I don't think there's a one-size, fits all cure.
hala-elnagy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hala-elnagy.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by hala-elnagy »

I fully agree with the author that it is possible to treat cancer with integrative medicine if experts apply it properly. Also, I strongly believed that cancer can be cured.
timd
Favorite Book: The Rim of Space
Currently Reading: Making Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 440
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timd.html
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited

Post by timd »

I am very suspicious of the big drug companies and I believe that their ultimate aim is to make money. Not that there aren't some good products that they produce but they certainly charge for them and make a tidy profit. I believe that one should have regular medical check-ups so that if cancer is detected then one can first try some alternative methods out before undergoing the horrors of conventional treatments.
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited
Wamakima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamakima.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Wamakima »

Sirajuddin wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 02:18 Definitely, a cancer patient would prefer the natural remedies as this system is painless and doesn't have any side effects.
Yeah, they would. I don't believe anybody would choose chemo and radio over natural remedies. It's just basic human nature, the less pain the better.
But the path I’ve chosen has always been the right one, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. :)
Salma M
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salma-m.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Salma M »

Based on what i have read in this book i think cancer is curable.I have never delt with cancer personally nor have i ever known someone who has cancer in fact prior from reading this book i did not fully understand cancer.

This book has educated me in so many ways i am truly a fan of the author and i think when the mindset of chasing money is removed from the big pharmaceuticals cancer can have a cure.
Nyambura Githui
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyambura-githui.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nyambura Githui »

I think that both types of treatment need to work hand in hand for more positive results. Everything has a cure.
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

Cancer is treatable.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
Felicity Granger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-felicity-granger.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Felicity Granger »

I do believe cancer is curable. However, Beljanski boldly cites her method as the cure "if done intelligently", which I find rather ostentatious. Yes, these methods do work but completely? No. If it were the case that everyone who utilized this method had a success rate of over 90% then it be more credible, though what with very few (in contrast to conventional medicine) actually employing this method, the comparative data is rather limited.
readerrihana
Currently Reading: Cute tooth decay
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerrihana.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by readerrihana »

I think that the main thing is that a person is able to be cured. If someone finds that an alternative cure is helpful and works for them then I think they can and should try it- even have to if they want to be cured.

But of course people have different degrees of cancer and may respond differently. If someone does not see any improvement using herbal medicine and alternative means them perhaps the final alternative is the chemo, radio, and all the other standard types of modern therapy.

Yet they do not sure everything always as well.

So I guess the strongest and most determined approach is to use all the different treatments possible so long as they don't conflict with each other or harm a person

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”