Are we meeting a turning point? On which decision have you come up after reading the book?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Re: Are we meeting a turning point? On which decision have you come up after reading the book?

Post by Ayat paarsa »

cpru68 wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 09:57
I think this book not only highlights the wonderful work of her father, but the author has exposed the dirty underground of the political system, big pharma, and how the consumers suffer as natural remedies to cancer are stifled.
The reason for this is in the name of money, and what I thought was so interesting is that where the money goes, the companies follow. So, if those of us who would like to see natural alternative medicine be the norm, then our money must be spent on those products and those companies supported. I don't know how else we are going to win that 'war'. What I don't understand is why we can't see a nice blend of traditional medicine with what the author's father had discovered. It was shown that even with someone undergoing chemo, if he or she took his extracts, the recovery was better and less damage to the body was done. I think we are up against a deeply rooted system that wants to keep the money rolling in at the expense of the sick. And, the only way around this would be to change the flow of money. I have an insurance plan that absolutely will not cover any natural medicine. It will be all out of pocket, and my premium payment each month is over $400. So, the average person is going to just not seek out alternatives due to added expense. It all comes down to money.
Good point, I agree that the book is not only about the arguements on treatment methods. It also highlights the issues like greedy pharmaceutical industries and so.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

nomnombooks wrote: 16 Jan 2019, 16:55 In my opinion, cancer is curable but not with the natural methods the author describes. I do not think alternative medicine is already as far evolved that it can take the place of classic school medicine in severe cases like cancer.
Thanks a lot for sharing your opinion. I think everyone's opinion matters. I can't say anything about until I don't hear from someone who experienced these. I think it would also be a good idea if the author shares user's views upon extracts from the Pao Pereira tree and the Rauwolfia vomitoria plant. Madam Sylvie is rather confident and I think half the confidence of patient builds up with this assurance.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
Kyoks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyoks.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Kyoks »

In opinion, with so many curable scientifically and traditional methods to cure cancer, this is definitely it.
Taylor Danvers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-danvers.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Taylor Danvers »

I believe cancer is curable and since conventional ways are a bit toxic I think I've opened my mind on the natural way
nonamer_miss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonamer-miss.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by nonamer_miss »

Whatever the case, atleast there are a lot of options to cure cancer nowadays meaning a lot of chances of being cured.
Zora C Penter
Currently Reading: Every Ghost Has Its Story
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zora-c-penter.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Zora C Penter »

I have long believed that integrative medicine is the way to go. Reading this book has only strengthened that belief.
rubinelli
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubinelli.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by rubinelli »

I can see Beljanski's research revolutionizing the health care field. As a student, I have been inspired to pursue this route of research in the future. I've been talking about this book to all of my friends, colleagues, and teachers. This research could help so many people. I believe it's just a matter of getting the word out to our future health care professionals!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I believe cancer is curable and has been for a long time. There is sufficient evidence of different successful treatment therapies even for some of the most aggressive cancers. The success of treatments like Beljanski's are turning the table against chemo, cut and burn.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

I am not a believer in this book's cancer treatments. I think that much more research is needed.
Ms_Bookworm
Currently Reading: Chrome Mountain
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ms-bookworm.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Ms_Bookworm »

I believe that finding a balance somewhere in the middle of the Integrative approach is our best bet. I don't buy into the conspiracy theories that Big Pharma is sitting on a cure for cancer (or diabetes, heart disease or any other number of diseases and conditions.) While I don't necessarily believe that cancer is curable (so many diseases are not curable, why do we think cancer should be?) I do think it is highly treatable and we have decades of solid medical research that have provided huge leaps in treatment in recent years. For example, immunotherapy drugs are much safer for the body (and effective) than traditional chemotherapy treatments (lession learned: don't poison the entire body to fight the mutation.) At the same time, there are several examples of naturopathic practices proving to be very beneficial in ways of preparing our bodies for their fight against disease. So, are we at a turning point in cancer treatment? Yes, we are - we are finally realizing that medical treatments should be twofold, balanced and fine-tuned to each individual's body and needs. This is of course, simply my own opinion.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Ms_Bookworm wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 10:58 I believe that finding a balance somewhere in the middle of the Integrative approach is our best bet. I don't buy into the conspiracy theories that Big Pharma is sitting on a cure for cancer (or diabetes, heart disease or any other number of diseases and conditions.) While I don't necessarily believe that cancer is curable (so many diseases are not curable, why do we think cancer should be?) I do think it is highly treatable and we have decades of solid medical research that have provided huge leaps in treatment in recent years. For example, immunotherapy drugs are much safer for the body (and effective) than traditional chemotherapy treatments (lession learned: don't poison the entire body to fight the mutation.) At the same time, there are several examples of naturopathic practices proving to be very beneficial in ways of preparing our bodies for their fight against disease. So, are we at a turning point in cancer treatment? Yes, we are - we are finally realizing that medical treatments should be twofold, balanced and fine-tuned to each individual's body and needs. This is of course, simply my own opinion.
I strongly agree with you. Cancer is a difficult disease especially if you know what it really is. Cells that cannot stop dividing and can easily travel to different parts of the body? Sounds really complicated to me. Scientists and doctors have been trying to eradicate this disease, but it simply too hard despite the contrary that it can be healed by tea bags. People should also take note that every cancer is different and every person's body and health is different. Thanks for voicing this out! :tiphat:
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
steigerd
Favorite Book: The Boys in the Boat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steigerd.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by steigerd »

I don't believe Cancer is curable. It only goes into hiding and waits or another day to reoccur. Cancer is still death toll it only will go into remission and wait for a chance to reappear in another form. Using alternative or prescribed treatment therapies only delay. The delay is worth it though. It may give you a few months or years more, but the chance to enjoy and live life is worth the pain and suffering.
BelleReadsNietzsche
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche »

briellejee wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 23:20
Ms_Bookworm wrote: 27 Jan 2019, 10:58 I believe that finding a balance somewhere in the middle of the Integrative approach is our best bet. I don't buy into the conspiracy theories that Big Pharma is sitting on a cure for cancer (or diabetes, heart disease or any other number of diseases and conditions.) While I don't necessarily believe that cancer is curable (so many diseases are not curable, why do we think cancer should be?) I do think it is highly treatable and we have decades of solid medical research that have provided huge leaps in treatment in recent years. For example, immunotherapy drugs are much safer for the body (and effective) than traditional chemotherapy treatments (lession learned: don't poison the entire body to fight the mutation.) At the same time, there are several examples of naturopathic practices proving to be very beneficial in ways of preparing our bodies for their fight against disease. So, are we at a turning point in cancer treatment? Yes, we are - we are finally realizing that medical treatments should be twofold, balanced and fine-tuned to each individual's body and needs. This is of course, simply my own opinion.
I strongly agree with you. Cancer is a difficult disease especially if you know what it really is. Cells that cannot stop dividing and can easily travel to different parts of the body? Sounds really complicated to me. Scientists and doctors have been trying to eradicate this disease, but it simply too hard despite the contrary that it can be healed by tea bags. People should also take note that every cancer is different and every person's body and health is different. Thanks for voicing this out! :tiphat:
I agree that this is incredibly well-said and well-summed up.

I am so sorry for those of you in this thread who have dealt with and/or are dealing with this terrible disease.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

In my view, cancer is curable if properly treated and diagnosed at the early stage. I feel integrative medicine is the best way to cure cancer as it covers two treatment systems (allopathic and natural medicines). So patients can take the benefits of both.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

I'm convinced cancer is curable and it depends on every person to decide the kind of treatment s/he considers to work best for him/her. Anyway, complementary and alternative means of treatment are a very good option to conventional methods.
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”