Is Big Pharma a Conspiracy or Not?

Use this forum to discuss the January 2019 Book of the month "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Re: Is Big Pharma a Conspiracy or Not?

Post by Hager Salem »

It wasn't my first time learning about this through that book. the theory of big companies fighting simpler treatments for cancer. I tend to believe it is true, and I find it totally heartbreaking.
third agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-third-agbata.html
Latest Review: The Ant Called Tiny by Miles Phillip Lewis

Post by third agbata »

From my experience with pharmaceutical companies. Their main goal is money and not to save lives. But since the only way they can make this money is by producing drugs that will save lives, that have to do so. Although, not evey pharmaceutical companies are the same. I think the ones with the right motives are rare
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

I think there are real.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

EvaDar wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 13:44 I believe wholeheartedly that the author's experience is valid and true. Shortly after a cancer diagnosis, it was assumed I would choose chemotherapy, because, based on statistics....blah blah. My questions about side effects were discounted, as I was assured I would be happy to be alive and that my chances were x% more that I would live x more years if blah blah. It is all about money and numbers. The cancer machine has it all worked out so that the right parties make money and the patient spins the roulette wheel. Even asking the questions about side effects seemed disturbing and shocking to the oncologists I saw. They could not grock how a person would care more about quality than quantity of life. After much deliberation, I chose chemotherapy. It was by far the worst choice of my life. I have permanent, debilitating side affects from all of the drugs. I am fully supportive of this author's quest to educate the cancer consumer about the many hidden motives of doctors, manufacturers, and legislators.

You just spoke my mind.
Fentymak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fentymak.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Fentymak »

Yes, it is a big conspiracy which they use to make money. They don't care about the common man and only care about their pockets.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

Big pharma is undoubtedly a selfish, unethical representation of capitalism in my eyes, and it is encouraging to see a critique receiving so much attention.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

Big pharma is a business. They are in it to make money. Period. They aren't a charity. Therefore, yes, there is a conspiracy to get you to use their drugs and not go natural.

Return to “Discuss "Winning the War on Cancer" by Sylvie Beljanski”