The best spy

Use this forum to discuss the February 2019 Book of the month, "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-mon28.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Re: The best spy

Post by ma_mon28 »

Ferdinand_otieno wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 12:26 My honest bet is on Jacko O'Brien. He blends quit easily and has the razor sharp wit of a spy to boot.
He have a brave character in the story like his name. I wonder how he didn't make any noise when attacked by some insects. Insect bite is so itchy and painful. Really, he is very enthusiastic.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Julehart1 wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 03:33 I think Jacko makes a great spy. He has many qualities for it. He is resourceful and unassuming. He just blends in.
Even his looks as well blends as an Egyptian or Indian because of his "half blood race" of being an Aussie and Aborigines.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

briellejee wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 03:16
Angelina_Bazar wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 20:24 I also think that the best spy is Sarah. She is super stealthy and athletic. She also uses unique methods to get the job done. I think she is a real role model.
Plus, she's a woman. Her looks are as deadly as her intelligence and prowess. Though I liked Jacko, I can't deny that Sarah has the upper hand in deceiving the enemies. Also, she has the physical ability to do her job well and fast.
Both the siblings have the same guts. I even wonder if Aborigines were really like that.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Rose Harebate wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 01:50 I have recently started reading the book, and by the looks of the comments here, I think it's going to be an amazing read.
You won't regret that you read it. I even discovered spy techniques.
Supergirl1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-supergirl1.html
Latest Review: Unhinged by Steve Galley
Reading Device: B00M4L4NHY

Post by Supergirl1 »

ma_mon28 wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 06:39
Rose Harebate wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 01:50 I have recently started reading the book, and by the looks of the comments here, I think it's going to be an amazing read.
The opinions people seem to have on this book differ greatly from my first impression. Maybe I might also give it a go.
Charlyt
Favorite Book: The Night Circus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlyt.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Charlyt »

I think Sarah might even have a bigger potential as a spy than Jacko if she had undergone education and military training. Their culture was a big help as well. I also admired Fifi and Yvette as spies as they know their strengths as women and they use it to their advantage. It takes bravery and a lot of courage to become a spy and those girls definitely have those qualities.
"It is neither fair nor unfair, Nobody Owens. It simply is." -NG
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

Jacko seems like the right pick for me. I like his spying technics and he is really good at being a spy.
Bienn
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bienn.html

Post by Bienn »

Laura Bach wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 10:26 Jacko seems like the right pick for me. I like his spying technics and he is really good at being a spy.
I noticed it, too. The owl hoot is pretty amazing. I can't do it. Hoping to know this owl hoot. I really laugh when an owl also hoots back.
Remember :hand: to take a bath :liar: first before reading anything! :no-spoil: :? :lol:
Manali_DC
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manali-dc.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Post by Manali_DC »

My vote is for Sarah! Intelligent, stealthy, resourceful-- and she is ap woman!!
Anna Maria 86
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-maria-86.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Post by Anna Maria 86 »

Jacko is incredible, but mind that it was easier for him to blend in because they were in Egypt. What I liked best was the cooperation between him and Jamie. Sarah, although not a spy per se, indeed has some amazing skills. I guess anyone is a good spy compared to "the Krauts" ;)
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Charlyt wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 10:03 I think Sarah might even have a bigger potential as a spy than Jacko if she had undergone education and military training. Their culture was a big help as well. I also admired Fifi and Yvette as spies as they know their strengths as women and they use it to their advantage. It takes bravery and a lot of courage to become a spy and those girls definitely have those qualities.
You're right! So brave girls. Even if they experience being in a dungeon still, they managed to cover the MI6 group. They remain loyal even in difficulties.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Anna Maria 86 wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 14:14 Jacko is incredible, but mind that it was easier for him to blend in because they were in Egypt. What I liked best was the cooperation between him and Jamie. Sarah, although not a spy per se, indeed has some amazing skills. I guess anyone is a good spy compared to "the Krauts" ;)
Jamie's leadership is absolutely great. He is a loyal buddy to his savior in war.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Supergirl1 wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 07:24
ma_mon28 wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 06:39
The opinions people seem to have on this book differ greatly from my first impression. Maybe I might also give it a go.
I see, but if you don't like World War 2 key points, you will got confused. As you read further, the better. I bet, you will enjoy.
Jacci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacci.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Jacci »

briellejee wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 08:53 Same here! Jacko is very efficient and resourceful. And he's also that one spy that you can't imagine to be one; he can blend in easily.
I agree. He is adoptable in every situation they are in. His race and culture brought-fort an awesome upbringing.
:cooking: :cooking: reading while cooking is the best! :techie-reference: :lol2:
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Jacci wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 22:42
briellejee wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 08:53 Same here! Jacko is very efficient and resourceful. And he's also that one spy that you can't imagine to be one; he can blend in .
I agree. He is adoptable in every situation they are in. His race and culture brought-fort an awesome upbringing.
Jamie's opinion for choosing him as a trustee companion in Cairo resulted with a work of excellence. So tensed on their mission trying to decode the Hallicrafter.

Return to “Discuss "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater”