Questions for Greg Kater

Use this forum to discuss the February 2019 Book of the month, "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Questions for Greg Kater

Post by kandscreeley »

Do you have any questions that you are wanting to ask the author?
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Kansas City Teacher
Review Team Admin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kansas-city-teacher.html
Latest Review: Project: 211 by Sammy Maida

Post by Kansas City Teacher »

The bio on this author indicates he is in the Australian mining business but does not say that he has military experience. His books are filled with a lot of details about the Phillippines and is quite the visual experience. I would want to know how he gathered all that information about the culture. Did he actually have to spend time in the forests/sea routes, or did he confer with other people?
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Kansas City Teacher wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 09:22 The bio on this author indicates he is in the Australian mining business but does not say that he has military experience. His books are filled with a lot of details about the Phillippines and is quite the visual experience. I would want to know how he gathered all that information about the culture. Did he actually have to spend time in the forests/sea routes, or did he confer with other people?
I second this. I'd love to know how he gathered the information that he puts into his books and if he talked to others who had these experiences.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
Areej Tahir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-areej-tahir.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Areej Tahir »

Kansas City Teacher wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 09:22 The bio on this author indicates he is in the Australian mining business but does not say that he has military experience. His books are filled with a lot of details about the Phillippines and is quite the visual experience. I would want to know how he gathered all that information about the culture. Did he actually have to spend time in the forests/sea routes, or did he confer with other people?
Omg yes! I often have trouble writing about something I haven't myself experience. Everyone can write some generic stuff gathered from movies but his military world was so detailed.
Kansas City Teacher
Review Team Admin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kansas-city-teacher.html
Latest Review: Project: 211 by Sammy Maida

Post by Kansas City Teacher »

Areej Tahir wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 13:18
Omg yes! I often have trouble writing about something I haven't myself experience. Everyone can write some generic stuff gathered from movies but his military world was so detailed.
I even had to get an atlas out and I'm glad I did!
Areej Tahir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-areej-tahir.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Areej Tahir »

Kansas City Teacher wrote: 17 Jul 2019, 19:17
Areej Tahir wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 13:18
I even had to get an atlas out and I'm glad I did!
nice technique!

Return to “Discuss "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater”