The best spy

Use this forum to discuss the February 2019 Book of the month, "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.
mmm17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmm17.html
Latest Review: Broke Open by Lela Becker

Re: The best spy

Post by mmm17 »

I have to say Jacko is the best spy. In my opinion, his Warramunga heritage gives him a clear advantage. Also, his good humour helps him in difficult situations.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-mon28.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by ma_mon28 »

abbiejoice wrote: 26 Feb 2019, 01:35 I would like to choose Jacko. Aside from his Warramunga skills, he also has good common sense and is able to quickly think of a solution to any problem that comes up.
Yeah, the siblings were so good at spying. Their skills were so awesome in different situations. Jacko on the lead, the team have intense experienced.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

mmm17 wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 11:54 I have to say Jacko is the best spy. In my opinion, his Warramunga heritage gives him a clear advantage. Also, his good humour helps him in difficult situations.
His really good at that. Though my bet is Sarah for I can't imagine how she crypts in easily in the cave. Jacko's performance is on the top list as well. Hoping for I have skills like them.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Radiant3 wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 11:11 Jacko is the best spy, his techniques are a combination of new and old. His background definitely gave him an added advantage during the war time.
I'm so amazed that you noticed the combination of old and new techniques of Jacko. I ponder on that idea. Maybe, techniques will just come out in witty situation.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

briellejee wrote: 22 Feb 2019, 00:12
Kibetious wrote: 18 Feb 2019, 13:53 My favorite spy and the best pick would be Sarah. I mean her skills her natural. No training could ever make one possess the wonderful skills she had.
What were her natural skills that you liked the most? :)
Her natural skill is nakedness on a dark cave. :lol: sometimes being stubborn can save lives as Jacko said that her sister was stubborn, everything has a purpose.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

mamilla93 wrote: 23 Feb 2019, 16:33 Both Jacko and Sarah are good, but I lean more towards Sarah as the best spy.
Yeah. My bet is on Sarah, too. In women's perspective, it is a rare type of heroine act. Though she can't pronounced English fluently still, her guts win.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Dic45ta wrote: 27 Feb 2019, 16:20 Though Sarah is the overly intelligent and skillful kind, Jacko beats her when it comes to mixing in, so I bet Jacko.
It sounds that... It's on the blood. :lol: Though bloodline is not important, but sometimes it sprouted in hectic sutuation. A coincidence or bloodline? Just wondering!
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

mmm17 wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 11:54 I have to say Jacko is the best spy. In my opinion, his Warramunga heritage gives him a clear advantage. Also, his good humour helps him in difficult situations.
Hmm, didn't see his humor as his advantage but considering your point, I think I can see now why it could ahve been a factor. Sometimes, his humor would kick in and he would see things clearly and simply. Also, it could win him over the trust of other people, especially their enemies. :o
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Radiant3 »

ma_mon28 wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 18:57
Radiant3 wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 11:11 Jacko is the best spy, his techniques are a combination of new and old. His background definitely gave him an added advantage during the war time.
I'm so amazed that you noticed the combination of old and new techniques of Jacko. I ponder on that idea. Maybe, techniques will just come out in witty situation.
True and I think that's why he was such a great help to their efforts.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Radiant3 wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 16:20
ma_mon28 wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 18:57
True and I think that's why he was such a great help to their efforts.
You're right! Their guts are pretty amazing. Greg is very good in achieving Jacko's character.
DC Brown
Currently Reading: Sold on a Monday
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dc-brown.html
Latest Review: The Byrds of Victory by James Robert Campbell

Post by DC Brown »

Jacci wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 19:16 Who is the best spy in the war?
Spy is very dangerous, but full of adventure sometimes. There are many spies in the story from the opponent and the defense. Who is your bet? Why?

My bet is Jacko. His techniques are simple, yet very useful.
My feeling is that Jacko is the better spy. Sarah is definitely the bravest going into the lion's den to save the other girls.
Bienn
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bienn.html

Post by Bienn »

Exactly! He is the best asset in their team. I really like his role being a commedian, good pal and best thinking skills.
Remember :hand: to take a bath :liar: first before reading anything! :no-spoil: :? :lol:
Sara Kay
Currently Reading: The Water Trade
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-kay.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Sara Kay »

I think the author was clever when it came to this. When the book starts out, Jacko is painted as the skilled tracker and spy, blessed with the touch of his ancestors' bush skills. But when Sarah enters the stage, despite her lack of verbal prowess, she exceeds Jacko in everything spy and bush related - tracking, stealth, acute senses of smell and sight. The two siblings seem to be even in intelligence and quick thinking, though. Both come up with amazingly creative ideas whenever they're caught in a tight spot.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

Jacko was really my favorite. It seems to just come natural to him without much planning. Even when it came to defending Monique and himself from a thief wielding a knife, he always seemed ready to be the victor. Working behind the scenes seemed easy for him, and he radiated self confidence in this.
Everything happens for a reason...
OskaWrites
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oskawrites.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by OskaWrites »

I guess it depends on what we think is good for a spy. Personally, I thought Fifi seemed like a really good spy. She had a lot of connections, went easily unnoticed ad unsuspected, and was the most loyal despite being very bored with her situation.
Sarah and Jacko are definitely the best trackers and fighters, but Fifi (and her girls) were able to get information out of people and manipulate them easily.

Return to “Discuss "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater”