The best spy

Use this forum to discuss the February 2019 Book of the month, "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.
Jacci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacci.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

The best spy

Post by Jacci »

Who is the best spy in the war?
Spy is very dangerous, but full of adventure sometimes. There are many spies in the story from the opponent and the defense. Who is your bet? Why?

My bet is Jacko. His techniques are simple, yet very useful.
:cooking: :cooking: reading while cooking is the best! :techie-reference: :lol2:
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-mon28.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by ma_mon28 »

My bet is Sarah. I can't imagine how she cripts inside the cave taking the two ladies out from the hands of the kidnappers.Her sense of sight and smelling is pretty amazing, too.
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

ma_mon28 wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 04:45 My bet is Sarah. I can't imagine how she cripts inside the cave taking the two ladies out from the hands of the kidnappers.Her sense of sight and smelling is pretty amazing, too.
You have piqued my interest to read the book ASAP! The simple approach still holds its reputation as an effective one.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Same here! Jacko is very efficient and resourceful. And he's also that one spy that you can't imagine to be one; he can blend in easily.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

briellejee wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 08:53 Same here! Jacko is very efficient and resourceful. And he's also that one spy that you can't imagine to be one; he can blend in easily.
Same here! The siblings have the same abilities merging in the dark. Darker skin-tone sometimes won the war; just thinking of.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Ruba Abu Ali wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 08:17
ma_mon28 wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 04:45 My bet is Sarah. I can't imagine how she cripts inside the cave taking the two ladies out from the hands of the kidnappers.Her sense of sight and smelling is pretty amazing, too.
You have piqued my interest to read the book ASAP! The simple approach still holds its reputation as an effective one.
It's quite long, but I bet you will forgot the time once you decipher each character's spy techniques.
Jacci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacci.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Jacci »

briellejee wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 08:53 Same here! Jacko is very efficient and resourceful. And he's also that one spy that you can't imagine to be one; he can blend in easily.
Yey! I like the moving hat in deceiving oppenent as target, yet they are being shoot. Boom! Rolling down! High-five.
:cooking: :cooking: reading while cooking is the best! :techie-reference: :lol2:
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

People are more open when those around them appear aloof or harmless. The amount of information gained from simply being bland more than makes up for the lack of physical allure. That isnt to say that attractive people can't use other techniques to blend in. (I also think we tend to trust attractive people more, so double bonus.)
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

My honest bet is on Jacko O'Brien. He blends quit easily and has the razor sharp wit of a spy to boot.
Angelina_Bazar
Currently Reading: House of Eire
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelina-bazar.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Angelina_Bazar »

I also think that the best spy is Sarah. She is super stealthy and athletic. She also uses unique methods to get the job done. I think she is a real role model.
Ann1e
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ann1e »

Mine is Fifi. She also takes the risk to be with HENRY Marshall; deceiving him that she is a Texan lady, but Henry's enemy- a Jewish girl. She has the guts reporting to the MI6 while having a relationship with the enemy.
Rose Harebate
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-harebate.html
Latest Review: Family Honor-III by T. O'Neil Charity

Post by Rose Harebate »

I have recently started reading the book, and by the looks of the comments here, I think it's going to be an amazing read.
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

Vscholz wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 12:13
People are more open when those around them appear aloof or harmless. The amount of information gained from simply being bland more than makes up for the lack of physical allure. That isnt to say that attractive people can't use other techniques to blend in. (I also think we tend to trust attractive people more, so double bonus.)
Yes! I think this is because people were made to believe that the cleaner looking the better - which should be eradicated in our human nature because it simply is judgmental and derogatory. Smooth-talkers are the best spies though. They can get out in any situation and play the master puppeteer to those around them. :D
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

Angelina_Bazar wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 20:24 I also think that the best spy is Sarah. She is super stealthy and athletic. She also uses unique methods to get the job done. I think she is a real role model.
Plus, she's a woman. Her looks are as deadly as her intelligence and prowess. Though I liked Jacko, I can't deny that Sarah has the upper hand in deceiving the enemies. Also, she has the physical ability to do her job well and fast.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

I think Jacko makes a great spy. He has many qualities for it. He is resourceful and unassuming. He just blends in.

Return to “Discuss "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater”