The best spy

Use this forum to discuss the February 2019 Book of the month, "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-mon28.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Re: The best spy

Post by ma_mon28 »

Sushan wrote: 20 Feb 2019, 01:45 Being a spy is a really tough job. So, I would like to vote for a female one and my vote goes for, Sarah
👍👍👍👍 I really admired Sarah's job. It seems so difficult to do in reality though their works really dangerous.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Zhariah wrote: 18 Feb 2019, 08:05
briellejee wrote: 12 Feb 2019, 02:20
Zhariah wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 05:14 For me, hands down, the best spy was Sarah. Her ability to go undetected and track and spy on people without ever having to interact with them makes her the clear choice for me. Of course, Jacko comes in at a close second.
I was trouble in choosing the best one between them. Jacko's winning ability for me is his skill in interacting and blending in with people. Sarah came second, although it's not much of a gap between them. What was lacking in Jacko for you that made you choose Sarah by the way?
I don't think it was that Jacko was missing something, but more that Sarah must have had this amazing courage to go in by herself, naked, and rescue 2 women without being seen at all. Any of the men in that cave could have killed her in a heartbeat.
All characters have intensed part! Sarah's ability in the cave seems unbelievable that makes my bet to Sarah. It doesn't mean I least the others. I really can't imagined how she did it. So scary!
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Al33na wrote: 13 Feb 2019, 15:07 I would say Yvette, it's not an easy feat to have gotten the information of the transceiver and secret codes from the German's.
Her job also is very scary 'cause I'm thinking what if she got caught? What will be her fate? My imagination increase my tensed though.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Kibetious wrote: 18 Feb 2019, 13:53 My favorite spy and the best pick would be Sarah. I mean her skills her natural. No training could ever make one possess the wonderful skills she had.
What were her natural skills that you liked the most? :)
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
mamilla93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamilla93.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by mamilla93 »

Both Jacko and Sarah are good, but I lean more towards Sarah as the best spy.
Macanthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-macanthony.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Macanthony »

My bet is Sarah the fact that she was able to maneuver her way into the cave and save two girls :twisted: :twisted:
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3018
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

ma_mon28 wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 04:45 My bet is Sarah. I can't imagine how she cripts inside the cave taking the two ladies out from the hands of the kidnappers.Her sense of sight and smelling is pretty amazing, too.
I am also falling in support of Sarah too. Spying demands both courage, creativity, and high sense of intuition. The difference between Sarah and all the others is that she possessed much more than what one is given through a formal training.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Kibetious wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 01:55
ma_mon28 wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 04:45 My bet is Sarah. I can't imagine how she cripts inside the cave taking the two ladies out from the hands of the kidnappers.Her sense of sight and smelling is pretty amazing, too.
I am also falling in support of Sarah too. Spying demands both courage, creativity, and high sense of intuition. The difference between Sarah and all the others is that she possessed much more than what one is given through a formal training.
Yeah, her effort is worthy to be praise of! On the latter part of the story, Sarah is quite the best assist for the team. I guess, if she's not around there will be more shooting scene; the 3 girls might become hostages.
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

Macanthony wrote: 24 Feb 2019, 03:47 My bet is Sarah the fact that she was able to maneuver her way into the cave and save two girls :twisted: :twisted:
That scene is really what made her character shine the most! :techie-studyingbrown:
abbiejoice
Currently Reading: Me Before You
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbiejoice.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by abbiejoice »

I would like to choose Jacko. Aside from his Warramunga skills, he also has good common sense and is able to quickly think of a solution to any problem that comes up.
elivia05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elivia05.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by elivia05 »

Angelina_Bazar wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 20:24 I also think that the best spy is Sarah. She is super stealthy and athletic. She also uses unique methods to get the job done. I think she is a real role model.
Agreed!
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

abbiejoice wrote: 26 Feb 2019, 01:35 I would like to choose Jacko. Aside from his Warramunga skills, he also has good common sense and is able to quickly think of a solution to any problem that comes up.
Agreed! His wit and reflexes are indeed remarkable! He thinks simply, which can save time in most situations. :techie-studyingbrown:
Dic45ta
Favorite Book: Burn Zones
Currently Reading: Surviving Life As An Actor
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dic45ta.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Dic45ta »

Though Sarah is the overly intelligent and skillful kind, Jacko beats her when it comes to mixing in, so I bet Jacko.
Remember to love yourself every day. I Love You.
💜💜💜💜.
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

Dic45ta wrote: 27 Feb 2019, 16:20 Though Sarah is the overly intelligent and skillful kind, Jacko beats her when it comes to mixing in, so I bet Jacko.
Same here! I do agree that Sarah has the upper hand in skills and intellect, but Jacko's stealthy moves and being able to connect to other people gave him the advantage. :techie-studyingbrown:
Radiant3
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Healing Your Attachment Wounds
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radiant3.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Radiant3 »

Jacko is the best spy, his techniques are a combination of new and old. His background definitely gave him an added advantage during the war time.

Return to “Discuss "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater”