The best spy

Use this forum to discuss the February 2019 Book of the month, "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.
Elsereen
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elsereen.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Re: The best spy

Post by Elsereen »

My bet is Sarah, her bravery really save the day, how she swiftly move into the cave to save the ladies out of the hands of the kidnappers. It's really fascinating
Zhariah
Favorite Book: The Chimera Vector
Currently Reading: Race to Refuge
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zhariah.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Zhariah »

For me, hands down, the best spy was Sarah. Her ability to go undetected and track and spy on people without ever having to interact with them makes her the clear choice for me. Of course, Jacko comes in at a close second.
Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace
Currently Reading: When Leaves Fall
Bookshelf Size: 1583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-anuli-mbadugha.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Chigozie Anuli Mbadugha »

Jacko O'Brien gets my vote as the best spy. I like efficient people and he strikes me as someone who gets the job done.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 553
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

The character of Jacko deserves this designation as he plays a witty spy.
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

ma_mon28 wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 04:45 Her sense of sight and smelling is pretty amazing, too.
I love when an author details heightened covert abilities. Any spy who isn't using their senses of smell and hearing isn't truly "spying" in my opinion. :snooty:
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-mon28.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by ma_mon28 »

Samy Lax wrote: 05 Feb 2019, 22:40 Jacko gets my vote for being the most efficient. His ability to blend in adds to his qualities as an effective spy.
I agree! He is so clever of doing their task. His talent, skills as well as his race makes him more outstanding. His opinion was never rejected and it works well with his team leaders.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

NL Hartje wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 16:53
ma_mon28 wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 04:45 Her sense of sight and smelling is pretty amazing, too.
I love when an author details heightened covert abilities. Any spy who isn't using their senses of smell and hearing isn't truly "spying" in my opinion. :snooty:
Yey! How wonderful their eyes might be! Full of vitamin A. :lol:
You right! Their senses were so active than a normal person can in their daily activities.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Sirajuddin wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 08:26 The character of Jacko deserves this designation as he plays a witty spy.
He is witty not just spying for their opponent's activities, but he is also spying who is the best for his heart! :lol:
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

CambaReviewer wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 15:52 Jacko O'Brien gets my vote as the best spy. I like efficient people and he strikes me as someone who gets the job done.
He is the best asset in the team. Just makes me remember, you are useful in every situation in life because like Jacko you have a part. Sometimes, you have the most important part.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Zhariah wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 05:14 For me, hands down, the best spy was Sarah. Her ability to go undetected and track and spy on people without ever having to interact with them makes her the clear choice for me. Of course, Jacko comes in at a close second.
I also agree with you! The siblings do have shared abilities. Sarah's stubbornness as Jacko said, their mission is very dangerous, but she insisted for the sake of her friends. Sarah made great work as well.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Elsereen wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 13:46 My bet is Sarah, her bravery really save the day, how she swiftly move into the cave to save the ladies out of the hands of the kidnappers. It's really fascinating
Me too, that part was so intense that drives me to read it further. Then, I realized whatever be your skin color it will have the best part in the world.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Guna123 wrote: 06 Feb 2019, 09:20 I also think that the best spy is Sarah. She is super stealthy and athletic. She also uses unique methods to get the job done. I think she is a real role model.
And also she plays a girl role in it.
Her role is quite odd amongst them, and Their teamwork works well.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Zhariah wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 05:14 For me, hands down, the best spy was Sarah. Her ability to go undetected and track and spy on people without ever having to interact with them makes her the clear choice for me. Of course, Jacko comes in at a close second.
I was trouble in choosing the best one between them. Jacko's winning ability for me is his skill in interacting and blending in with people. Sarah came second, although it's not much of a gap between them. What was lacking in Jacko for you that made you choose Sarah by the way?
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
FDKangwamu
Currently Reading: How To Talk With Spirits: Séances • Mediums • Ghost Hunts
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fdkangwamu.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by FDKangwamu »

briellejee wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 08:53 Same here! Jacko is very efficient and resourceful. And he's also that one spy that you can't imagine to be one; he can blend in easily.
Same here, I have to go with Jacko. He is someone you truly do not expect to be a spy as his nature enables him to blend in easily and make lots of new and useful connections.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

FDKangwamu wrote: 12 Feb 2019, 11:25
briellejee wrote: 02 Feb 2019, 08:53 Same here! Jacko is very efficient and resourceful. And he's also that one spy that you can't imagine to be one; he can blend in easily.
Same here, I have to go with Jacko. He is someone you truly do not expect to be a spy as his nature enables him to blend in easily and make lots of new and useful connections.
Good thing you mentioned the useful connections. I also think it's one of his best abilities. To be honest, it should be a great aspect of a spy. Making connections could give you a lot of information about the enemy. :tiphat:
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"

Return to “Discuss "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater”