Unforgettable scene

Use this forum to discuss the February 2019 Book of the month, "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-mon28.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Re: Unforgettable scene

Post by ma_mon28 »

Popcorn1 wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 22:33 The scene that stuck to me the most is when Jacko and Jaime pretended to let Matt and Karl escape when they were in an area where there is no water in seven miles radius. This scene made me laugh so hard 😂😂
I remember that scene, too. They have sacrificed a lot, but then it seems that they are letting the criminals to escape. Im thankful, they did it with a purpose. See, how observant Jacko might be. He did it because the advantage of the absence of water miles away.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

lotus784 wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 22:05 I love reading everyone else's thoughts. I am a lover of both romance and action, but I almost feel as if this book might be too predictable. I haven't read it all the way through yet, but so far I've seen a few twists coming. I do agree it may have been intended for a younger audience.
It may be predictable but the journey throughout the book is what matters. And I can say that this book is enjoyable from cover to cover. :)
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Popcorn1 wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 22:33 The scene that stuck to me the most is when Jacko and Jaime pretended to let Matt and Karl escape when they were in an area where there is no water in seven miles radius. This scene made me laugh so hard 😂😂
Oh! I remember this scene! This is absolutely funny and made me like Jamie and Jacko even more 😂
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3036
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I still remember this. This is a time when you are almost asking yourself what is wrong with these guys, but they knew what tey were doing. It was worth some laughter.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

timd wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 06:49 I was tense right from the beginning of the book where Jamie was trapped by fire from an Italian machine gunner. The appearance of Jacko on the scene, despite the hostile fire, was relieving but also slightly comical because he was almost jovial and also called Jammie "Cap," short for Captain, although Jamie was a Lieutenant at the time. The settings for romance were tense but the ladies were often supposed to be hardened "ladies of the night," in the underground of Cairo, and belly dancers. Most of the scenes involving Jamie, in particular, were almost sweet because of his innate shyness with women. I think most of the scenes regarding romance were a bit timid. In reality, ladies working from the conditions that they were working from would probably be more sexually open and would probably tease him more than they did in the novel. Although I enjoyed the book, I got the impression that it was written for a younger audience because both the violence and the romance was remarkably timid or mild compared to a lot of books set in similar circumstances.
I felt the same tension too from the first page. The sound of the bullets ripping into the knapsacks was quite climatic.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
Hannahberry
Currently Reading: Fire and Blood (A Song of Ice and Fire)
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahberry.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Hannahberry »

briellejee wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 23:27 For me, I think I remember getting tensed and all worked-up whenever the spies were in motion. I held my breath whenever they spy because you'll never know what will happen to them on the other side and if they will make it back on their side. Such heart-pounding moments for me. The romantic twist did not impress me though since I am not keen on romance.
I also normally prefer the action scenes to the romance ones! Thanks for sharing the review, I think I'll give this one a read :)
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Kibetious wrote: 06 Feb 2019, 21:21
I still remember this. This is a time when you are almost asking yourself what is wrong with these guys, but they knew what tey were doing. It was worth some laughs.
Me, too. After a long distance of travel with all your efforts, suddenly letting the criminals escape was the best choice for an interrogation. Ohhhh my.... but it's worth it, they were right in their observation and speculation.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

ea_anthony wrote: 07 Feb 2019, 18:49
timd wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 06:49 I was tense right from the beginning of the book where Jamie was trapped by fire from an Italian machine gunner. The appearance of Jacko on the scene, despite the hostile fire, was relieving but also slightly comical because he was almost jovial and also called Jammie "Cap," short for Captain, although Jamie was a Lieutenant at the time. The settings for romance were tense but the ladies were often supposed to be hardened "ladies of the night," in the underground of Cairo, and belly dancers. Most of the scenes involving Jamie, in particular, were almost sweet because of his innate shyness with women. I think most of the scenes regarding romance were a bit timid. In reality, ladies working from the conditions that they were working from would probably be more sexually open and would probably tease him more than they did in the novel. Although I enjoyed the book, I got the impression that it was written for a younger audience because both the violence and the romance was remarkably timid or mild compared to a lot of books set in similar circumstances.
I felt the same tension too from the first page. The sound of the bullets ripping into the knapsacks was quite climatic.
Me, too. I've even thought that Jacko was an enemy behind to capture Jamie. The first part was so intriguing that won't make you read it later.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

As I am Reading the few pages, I already can't forget the war where planes were striking a friendly fire... So sad.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Antonio Barrella
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonio-barrella.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Antonio Barrella »

My favourite scene was the cultural show of the aboriginal traditions. They have a nice culture and are proud of it.
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

ma_mon28 wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 19:10 :tiphat: The book had plenty of scenes such us, scary, party, romance, chasing criminals and planning.

What scene did Greg made an amazing thrills?

Some scenes even makes your heart pounding so fast.
Secondly, will make you smile by the romantic twist.
Lastly, will make you tense.
I think Greg made amazing thrills in the criminal chase. I got somewhat tensed when the spies are in action as I began to imagine what could happen if their cover got blown. The humour was a good feel to ease the rising tension.
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...
Abacus
Favorite Book: Elizabeth's Garden
Currently Reading: Zonas de
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abacus.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Abacus »

I thought the scene with Sarah rescuing the two aborigine girls was unexpected and great humor. Sarah wanted to be undetected as she moved around, so she took off her dress and was naked. All you could see , if she smiled, was her shining white teeth. Three of them, after the rescue, so three marmalade cat smiles. Genius
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

Safiya's case frightened me. And this brought to my attention that as a woman, as much as i want to help strangers who need help, I shouldn't do it myself, rather, I should call the authorities or a group of people to accompany me and provide the needed help to the ailing stranger.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Every scene with the spies was thrilling and kept me on suspense, since anything can happen in the next moment, good or bad
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

NuelUkah wrote: 15 Feb 2019, 15:45
ma_mon28 wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 19:10 :tiphat: The book had plenty of scenes such us, scary, party, romance, chasing criminals and planning.

What scene did Greg made an amazing thrills?

Some scenes even makes your heart pounding so fast.
Secondly, will make you smile by the romantic twist.
Lastly, will make you tense.
I think Greg made amazing thrills in the criminal chase. I got somewhat tensed when the spies are in action as I began to imagine what could happen if their cover got blown. The humour was a good feel to ease the rising tension.
I feel your tension, I even said, "ohhhh, hurry up, hurry up, but knowing the fact I'm just reading. :lol:

Return to “Discuss "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater”