Unforgettable scene

Use this forum to discuss the February 2019 Book of the month, "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-mon28.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Unforgettable scene

Post by ma_mon28 »

:tiphat: The book had plenty of scenes such us, scary, party, romance, chasing criminals and planning.

What scene did Greg made an amazing thrills?

Some scenes even makes your heart pounding so fast.
Secondly, will make you smile by the romantic twist.
Lastly, will make you tense.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

For me, I think I remember getting tensed and all worked-up whenever the spies were in motion. I held my breath whenever they spy because you'll never know what will happen to them on the other side and if they will make it back on their side. Such heart-pounding moments for me. The romantic twist did not impress me though since I am not keen on romance.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

briellejee wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 23:27 For me, I think I remember getting tensed and all worked-up whenever the spies were in motion. I held my breath whenever they spy because you'll never know what will happen to them on the other side and if they will make it back on their side. Such heart-pounding moments for me. The romantic twist did not impress me though since I am not keen on romance.
Same here! Stealing the book that contains the code really draws me to the scene.
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

ma_mon28 wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 23:43
briellejee wrote: 03 Feb 2019, 23:27 For me, I think I remember getting tensed and all worked-up whenever the spies were in motion. I held my breath whenever they spy because you'll never know what will happen to them on the other side and if they will make it back on their side. Such heart-pounding moments for me. The romantic twist did not impress me though since I am not keen on romance.
Same here! Stealing the book that contains the code really draws me to the scene.
That one had me on my toes! :lol:
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Yeah! :lol: if it was a movie, I might watch it trying to widen my eyes. :lol: since I have a cute eyes as an Asian.

I even said, do it faster Jacko, but Im just reading anyway. :lol:
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

ma_mon28 wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 00:01 Yeah! :lol: if it was a movie, I might watch it trying to widen my eyes. :lol: since I have a cute eyes as an Asian.

I even said, do it faster Jacko, but Im just reading anyway. :lol:
I could have paused these scenes if I were watching it while screaming to Jacko! :lol2: I'm Asian too!! :wink:
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

I see, such a thrilling scene. I also laugh when he is doing a secret pictures on the tree. I laugh by the insects intermission. :lol:
Charlyt
Favorite Book: The Night Circus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlyt.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Charlyt »

I agree that the part where Yvette was supposed to steal the book was the most thrillng one. Especially when she disappeared and they couldn't find her after that, I felt genuine concern.
"It is neither fair nor unfair, Nobody Owens. It simply is." -NG
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

The Yvette part definitely carries the day. But anytime they went out spying and on missions the thrill and suspense just keeps the reader on toes.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

Charlyt wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 01:57 I agree that the part where Yvette was supposed to steal the book was the most thrillng one. Especially when she disappeared and they couldn't find her after that, I felt genuine concern.
Me too, I even thinking that Yvette might be their hostage when she is missing. Greg really good at making thrilling scenes.
ma_mon28
Currently Reading:

Post by ma_mon28 »

DorcasToo wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 02:18 The Yvette part definitely carries the day. But anytime they went out spying and on missions the thrill and suspense just keeps the reader on toes.
I noticed that, too. I even said, making it faster before John Keppler awaken from drunkenness. It's me to Keep on going for it's not a movie. :lol:

A great advantage is when an enemy snores so loudly. :lol:
timd
Favorite Book: The Rim of Space
Currently Reading: Making Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 440
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timd.html
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited

Post by timd »

I was tense right from the beginning of the book where Jamie was trapped by fire from an Italian machine gunner. The appearance of Jacko on the scene, despite the hostile fire, was relieving but also slightly comical because he was almost jovial and also called Jammie "Cap," short for Captain, although Jamie was a Lieutenant at the time. The settings for romance were tense but the ladies were often supposed to be hardened "ladies of the night," in the underground of Cairo, and belly dancers. Most of the scenes involving Jamie, in particular, were almost sweet because of his innate shyness with women. I think most of the scenes regarding romance were a bit timid. In reality, ladies working from the conditions that they were working from would probably be more sexually open and would probably tease him more than they did in the novel. Although I enjoyed the book, I got the impression that it was written for a younger audience because both the violence and the romance was remarkably timid or mild compared to a lot of books set in similar circumstances.
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited
briellejee

Post by briellejee »

timd wrote: 04 Feb 2019, 06:49 Although I enjoyed the book, I got the impression that it was written for a younger audience because both the violence and the romance was remarkably timid or mild compared to a lot of books set in similar circumstances.
I didn't think it that way before! I barely noticed that those aspects were mild enough for a younger audience.
lotus784
Currently Reading: The Replacement
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lotus784.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by lotus784 »

I love reading everyone else's thoughts. I am a lover of both romance and action, but I almost feel as if this book might be too predictable. I haven't read it all the way through yet, but so far I've seen a few twists coming. I do agree it may have been intended for a younger audience.
Popcorn1
Currently Reading: The reel sistelrs
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-popcorn1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Popcorn1 »

The scene that stuck to me the most is when Jacko and Jaime pretended to let Matt and Karl escape when they were in an area where there is no water in seven miles radius. This scene made me laugh so hard 😂😂

Return to “Discuss "The Warramunga's War" by Greg Kater”