The three pillars of humanity will soon fail!?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
Maya_Nyssa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maya-nyssa.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Re: The three pillars of humanity will soon fail!?

Post by Maya_Nyssa »

Rangerkay wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 14:25 I really don't feel that he took it seriously, but I think it's hard to take seriously these days. I mean...it does seem that society is moving in that way AND almost every religion has a "doomsday" prophecy. He barely touched on any of it throughout the book and what little he did touch on made it seem as if he was "meh" about the whole idea.

Maybe part of the reason that he came across that way is because society as a whole is desensitized to the entire idea. Look at how many "end of the world" scares we have experienced since year 2k.
I agree. It's difficult to take a concept like that seriously because we've had so much exposure to it. When predictions are made with exact dates, the day passes by and we are still here. So how can we believe in the validity?
shaz1994
Favorite Book: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
Currently Reading: The Honorable Knight
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaz1994.html
Latest Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons by Sam Brand

Post by shaz1994 »

He only mentioned it that means he must have some consideration for it,but since this is a subject that has already been touched on on other religious platforms he would prefer to just mention and leave the rest to the readers imagination.
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

I agree with many of the above comments. Most religions do cite a prophecy of “the end.” Because of this, it is hard to put any faith in his words. It seems like the very thing to talk about where higher powers are concerned.
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
InStoree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

In an imaginary exercise in which we all let the Isness, that the author talks about, to come out completely, then perhaps in humanity, there will be no need for these pillars. In a world in which we all behave with sincerity, modesty and unconditional love for everyone, then the economy will no longer be necessary because all of us we will understand each other on the basis of the word of honor and respect.

Maybe the development of the five human senses (as Haight shows in Warrior Meditation) will bring ecology as part of Isness. Haight talks about how all living organisms have a soul and may refer to the fact that Isness-man can interact with the organisms, therefore no need to consider ecology.

And regarding the society, he may refer to the boundaries of communities, in the sense that we will no longer need to be identified by nationality, religion, political opinion, and so on. In a dream world, we are all together. Maybe Haight in his vision detected that this "dream" term is only in the mind of mankind and there are chances to be a reality.

It can be a supposition.
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Once he gets the real vision of soul, he does not seriously care for three pillars of humanity and he approached this subject not seriously because it will take care of itself afterwards.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

I think Haight considered the vision he had in the Amazon seriously. Throughout his book it is not obvious; however, under the section of eating healthy, he talks about living off of the land and learning to recognize edible food in case things go wrong.
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
Hayley2-0
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hayley2-0.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Hayley2-0 »

I don't know what to think about that but I usually try to avoid prophecies of doom. I know some are warnings but I have a hard time trusting just anyone.
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

I think he didn't take his vision seriously. The vision though it seems like what everyone envisages about the future, has a time. I think he just didn't know where to place it.
magnoparisi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnoparisi.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Post by magnoparisi »

Ecology maybe but i don't think the global economy will collapse soon. Trump is doing a good job on the economy. Even people who hate him admit that he understands the economy better than the former presidents.
brown09
Currently Reading: The Fifth Season
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brown09.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by brown09 »

I've seen a ton-- and I mean a TON-- of authors go down the path of dystopian prophecy that sparks your question. I think that by the time I'm dead, maybe the three pillars will fail if we let them.
Wilkister94
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wilkister94.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Post by Wilkister94 »

Am not so sure if he did took it so serious because he didn't seem too worried about it after the vision.
Look where you want to go in life, not at where you don’t want to go.
Rob White
Essie_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essie-reviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Essie_Reviews »

I don't think it's anything worth worrying about. When talking about economy, we all know there are a myriad of bubbles: the financial bubble, the real estate bubble, so on and so forth. Bubbles burst and economies bust. This isn't a new phenomenon. We've moved past them. However, if the author is arguing that we wont recover from the incoming bust, then it would be because the other two pillars are imploding at the same time.

Ecology, is one pillar we has humans have never seen fall and know very well we wouldn't survive yet we're still contributing to climate change. The common people refuse to make drastic changes in the voting habits to elect people who are committed to the cause and will do what they promise while big business will not compromise on their profits. Without our planet, there's no room for economy.

Society is the pillar that will be the saddest to go but we can already see within the world current political climate that society is not as calm nor as in order as we think it is. People refuse to see eye to eye on pretty much anything worth discussing. It is what it is. To be shocked that this pillar in particular is unsteady can only be attributed to complete naivety, or blatant ignorance.

In all honesty, it doesn't take a drink in the Amazon to make this apparent to anyone paying attention to what's really going on in the world. The author hasn't stated anything profound unfortunately. We're well aware of what's going on, we just don't care.
Imagineering.
Brendan Donaghy
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

Essie_Reviews wrote: 14 May 2019, 22:42 I don't think it's anything worth worrying about. When talking about economy, we all know there are a myriad of bubbles: the financial bubble, the real estate bubble, so on and so forth. Bubbles burst and economies bust. This isn't a new phenomenon. We've moved past them. However, if the author is arguing that we wont recover from the incoming bust, then it would be because the other two pillars are imploding at the same time.

Ecology, is one pillar we has humans have never seen fall and know very well we wouldn't survive yet we're still contributing to climate change. The common people refuse to make drastic changes in the voting habits to elect people who are committed to the cause and will do what they promise while big business will not compromise on their profits. Without our planet, there's no room for economy.

Society is the pillar that will be the saddest to go but we can already see within the world current political climate that society is not as calm nor as in order as we think it is. People refuse to see eye to eye on pretty much anything worth discussing. It is what it is. To be shocked that this pillar in particular is unsteady can only be attributed to complete naivety, or blatant ignorance.

In all honesty, it doesn't take a drink in the Amazon to make this apparent to anyone paying attention to what's really going on in the world. The author hasn't stated anything profound unfortunately. We're well aware of what's going on, we just don't care.
I think that's an excellent summary of the situation. I think your last two lines in particular hit the nail on the head.
Uinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uinto.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Uinto »

It is not hard to see what he meant by them failing considering they are all interconnected. I feel the unsustainable way man runs the world economy, those components are headed for a stalemate anyway. So this is hardly anything new.
Essie_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essie-reviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Essie_Reviews »

Brendan Donaghy wrote: 15 May 2019, 02:05
Essie_Reviews wrote: 14 May 2019, 22:42 I don't think it's anything worth worrying about. When talking about economy, we all know there are a myriad of bubbles: the financial bubble, the real estate bubble, so on and so forth. Bubbles burst and economies bust. This isn't a new phenomenon. We've moved past them. However, if the author is arguing that we wont recover from the incoming bust, then it would be because the other two pillars are imploding at the same time.

I think that's an excellent summary of the situation. I think your last two lines in particular hit the nail on the head.
I'm glad you think so, Brendan. I just wonder, with all of these books people are writing and various other mediums where people are presenting this information to us in a more blatant way, whether there's anything anyone can say that would keep us from being complacent in our destructive tendencies. Then again, this is what wipes out every civilization at one point. It's just weird to see ours coming.
Imagineering.

Return to “Discuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight”