The three pillars of humanity will soon fail!?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
mmm17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmm17.html
Latest Review: Broke Open by Lela Becker

The three pillars of humanity will soon fail!?

Post by mmm17 »

In his Amazon vision, the author learned that within short order the three pillars of humanity — economy, ecology, and society — will fail. :shock2: Do you feel that the author took this seriously? Or even literally? How do you feel about the way he approached this subject in the book?
PGreen
Currently Reading: Beneath the Muscle
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pgreen.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by PGreen »

He didn't seemed too worried about it after the vision, so I'm not sure he took it too seriously? I barely remember him talking about that. Every religion seems to prophecy some future of humanity failing or an apocalypse.
randompersonavility
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randompersonavility.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by randompersonavility »

I also thought he didn't take his vision seriously. Well, a vision stays as a vision until it materialize.
Rangerkay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rangerkay.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Rangerkay »

I really don't feel that he took it seriously, but I think it's hard to take seriously these days. I mean...it does seem that society is moving in that way AND almost every religion has a "doomsday" prophecy. He barely touched on any of it throughout the book and what little he did touch on made it seem as if he was "meh" about the whole idea.

Maybe part of the reason that he came across that way is because society as a whole is desensitized to the entire idea. Look at how many "end of the world" scares we have experienced since year 2k.
vishu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by vishu »

Well, the author's definition of soon needs to be identified.
NuelUkah
Favorite Book: Heaven and Earth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 283
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nuelukah.html
Latest Review: Dibs and Dabs of my Life by Gertrude Coulter

Post by NuelUkah »

mmm17 wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 17:30 In his Amazon vision, the author learned that within short order the three pillars of humanity — economy, ecology, and society — will fail. :shock2: Do you feel that the author took this seriously? Or even literally? How do you feel about the way he approached this subject in the book?
I think he took his visions seriously. He just didn't dwell on his Amazon vision to discuss it. He said what the voice told him. The part of the vision I don't accept is incarnation. Hell is eternal damnation and everlasting death. Incarnation is returning to life after physical death. So, how could Richard believe in hell and incarnation? He needed to settle that.
If you are TOO BIG to DO SMALL things, then you are TOO SMALL to DO BIG things...

If you want to be remembered long after you are gone, WRITE books worth READING or DO things worth WRITING about...
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I think he took it seriously but honestly doesn't know how to address the issue. He knows not everyone will follow his teachings. Instead of dwelling on it, he is doing his best to prevent what he can.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Post by joshfee77 »

I can see why the author didn't take this too seriously, given the number of "end of the world" prophecies there have been in the past, such as the year 2000, end of the Mayan calendar in 2012, etc. Every religion seems to have one... yet we're still here.
abbiejoice
Currently Reading: Me Before You
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbiejoice.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by abbiejoice »

I think the author's vision about this is really frightening. What if some groups take this seriously and think that this is the only way to bring about a good change in the world?
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I am not sure if such a thing would be possible. What I am certain about is that as long as people live, they will always be existence of economy. If the three pillars were to fall, then it would be very detrimental to human existence on earth. I don't think that he took this seriously either. If this was to happen, what would take their place?
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Joytoo97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joytoo97.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Joytoo97 »

How will the world run without these three that's like the very end of existence. I don't think the author takes this literally. There have been religious cults before which came declaring the end of the world and all that it might just be a by the way.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Looking at the world today, that vision is not far off. I think the author knows that it was inevitable and that is why he created the book to let the word out.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Shielasshi_93 wrote: 11 Mar 2019, 08:01 I also thought he didn't take his vision seriously. Well, a vision stays as a vision until it materialize.
I agree with this one. It will stay as it is until someone makes a move.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Emjopin
Favorite Author: E.W. Johnson M.D.
Favorite Book: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Currently Reading: Lost Secret of the Ancient Ones
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emjopin.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
fav_author_id: 196577

Post by Emjopin »

The author's vision is based in today's current events. The recent articles about economic collapse and shaky international relations may have inspired the the author to share his view on how these conflicts rattled him. He remained rooted via spirituality his comforting solace.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Joytoo97 wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 03:54 How will the world run without these three that's like the very end of existence. I don't think the author takes this literally. There have been religious cults before which came declaring the end of the world and all that it might just be a by the way.
I am also still doubting the validity of this vision. Even the end of the world has to come, it may come in ways that are unexpected and certainly the breakdown of the three may not be one of them. I would have loved to hear more about this, especially the breakdown of ecology.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb

Return to “Discuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight”