The three pillars of humanity will soon fail!?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
Nyambura Githui
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyambura-githui.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Re: The three pillars of humanity will soon fail!?

Post by Nyambura Githui »

It didn't seem like he took it seriously. I don't usually take apocalypse prophecies seriously because every religion seems to have their own theory.
HRichards
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hrichards.html
Latest Review: Yeh-shen by Ray Simmons

Post by HRichards »

I think he did and didn't take the vision seriously. He seemed to put credence in his visions, so I think it's hard to think the completely discounted the vision, but it also doesn't seem like he spent time thinking about it much.
Joytoo97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joytoo97.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Joytoo97 »

Kibetious wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 07:06
Joytoo97 wrote: 12 Mar 2019, 03:54 How will the world run without these three that's like the very end of existence. I don't think the author takes this literally. There have been religious cults before which came declaring the end of the world and all that it might just be a by the way.
I am also still doubting the validity of this vision. Even the end of the world has to come, it may come in ways that are unexpected and certainly, the breakdown of the three may not be one of them. I would have loved to hear more about this, especially the breakdown of ecology.
I can totally relate where you are coming from. considering the bible tells us that rapture and the world will end with no planned or predetermined way it raises some questions.
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Dragonsend »

We have indeed been through scares of all three mentioned global warming, depressions and recessions, and unrest of society for those reasons . I believe that once something is known, then a solution can be found.
Hira6393
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Hira6393 »

In my point of view, I doubt that the author took this seriously because he/she did not seem to be worried about this concept.
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

How short is the "short order?" By when can we expect this to happen? The author needed to discuss these points more clearly.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
mmm17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmm17.html
Latest Review: Broke Open by Lela Becker

Post by mmm17 »

I totally agree! I would certainly like to learn more details about this vision, as well as the others. In my opinion, he did not elaborate enough.
ArriettyClock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arriettyclock.html
Latest Review: The Judge part 1 and 2 by Ian RB Morris

Post by ArriettyClock »

I don't think he took it seriously, if he had it definitely would have been written about more throughout the book. It wasn't really mentioned afterwards, which is probably should have been because otherwise, why even mention it? It seems like it was added as an afterthought rather than as a main topic.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I think one doesn't need a prophecy to understand the dangers man's occupation on the environment is going to do to the three pillars. Through industrialization, we are irreversibly affecting our ecology through pollution. The economy on the other hand, is heavily skewed to the industrialized countries, who are the minority, yet consume the most of the world's resources. Given the unhealthy state of those two pillars, it's a no-brainer to deduce on what's going to happen to the society.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3018
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Did anyone get to understand what will cause the fall of the three pillars? It cannot be Isness because Isness or Pure Soul is within us. I also do not see anything wrong with the three pillars not unless it is ourselves who develop a wrong attitude towards them.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Killing Shore
Bookshelf Size: 2389
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I do think he believes it and takes the prediction seriously. But, for starters, all generations are quite convinced we're on the brink of civilizational collapse. Most people don't like change. Secondly, I think the author focused on action instead of fear-mongering. He decided to focus on changing people lives and expanding their consciousness, which supposedly will be helpful when this collapse comes.
onemorechap
Currently Reading: House of Eire
Bookshelf Size: 310
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onemorechap.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B014GCG150

Post by onemorechap »

i think he supports it seriously and to be honest I can see his point and agree. These "powers" are what's holding this world together, and they have already started to descend... :/
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3018
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I am not afraid of the effect of such a collapse but the question will be then what next after that? What will keep driving humanity? Currently, civilization has always been riding on the wheels of all the above plillars.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Crazyreader01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crazyreader01.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Crazyreader01 »

To be completely honest, I think that that's just how society evolves. There were many ancient societies that have long gone and been replaced by something better so, while it should be taken seriously, I don't think there isn't much we can do to stop it. Slow it down, maybe, but not stop it. And I think the author knew that. That could maybe be why some readers feel like he didn't take it seriously.
nooregano
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nooregano.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Dirtbag waitress by Alice Auditore

Post by nooregano »

A lot of religious ideas talk about this collapse of humanity. I think the author did take his vision seriously, but chose to focus on "raising consciousness" instead of slipping into the negative clutches of fear.
"I speak only one language, and it is not my own." - Jacques Derrida

Return to “Discuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight”