Overall rating and opinion of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
Wilkister94
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wilkister94.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight

Post by Wilkister94 »

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it was well-written and also it was professionally edited the fact that errors were almost none.
Sarah Starling
Favorite Author: Alix E. Harrow
Favorite Book: Starling House
Currently Reading: Love and Other Words
Bookshelf Size: 10084
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-starling.html
Latest Review: Cell Biology For Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 176795

Post by Sarah Starling »

I enjoyed reading this book a few months ago. Parts of it still stick in my head, so it was clearly a good book. I really loved the "why not all of us?" line in the book.
Feliceness
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-feliceness.html
Latest Review: Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

Post by Feliceness »

Hello Everyone,
I see there are many controversies surrounding The Unbound Soul. For me, it helped in my quest for spiritual awareness. No, I don't agree with everything Haight wrote. I appreciate the fact that he doesn't want the readers to agree with everything. He shares his own experiences and gives suggestions to others trying to find their own inspirience. I gave it 4 out of 4 stars because it helped me where I am now. I read it twice and I went on to listen to the audio of Inspirience: Meditation Unbound: The Unconditioned Path to Spiritual Awakening. I think both work together and any reader on a spiritual journey can take what they need from them.

I don't feel you can read them and come away with nothing useful for your life, but a reader would have to make that choice individually.
:reading-6: Feliceness Means Happiness
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

One can't really write a wonderful self help book without much involving oneself because we draw thoughts and insights from our experiences. This book is amazing though i can't really say it is for everyone since not every idea in it is applicable to all readers. It will still be dependent on the reader.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
Brendan Donaghy
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

I've only read the sample of this book and I won't be reading any more of it. It's seem well enough written, but I'm a bit wary of self-proclaimed 'gurus' who claim to have a special insight into the mysteries of the universe. Not for me, this one.
Storm+
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storm.html
Latest Review: The Promise of Whiteness: Its Past and Its Future by Martha R. Bireda

Post by Storm+ »

I thought this book was really good at first, but his arguments seemed to become somewhat hypocritical toward the end, and the format wasn't great (I had the audiobook), so I gave it a rating of 3 out of 4 stars.
Julie Petitbon
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Currently Reading: Becoming Michele Obama
Bookshelf Size: 699
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-petitbon.html
Latest Review: Sophia Violet and the Fiery Orb by Evangeline Greene
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Julie Petitbon »

I am still debating whether or not to read this book. I like a lot of the ideas behind the book, and I am really interested in reading about spiritual growth. I also like that the author added humor and anecdotes. However, it seems like it isn't the best edited book based on the reviews.
Abacus
Favorite Book: Elizabeth's Garden
Currently Reading: Zonas de
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abacus.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Abacus »

I read the book. Gave it a 4 out of 4-star rating. I thought the autobiographical part was a good idea as it made us all feel more empathetic towards Richards ideas.
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

Meditation is part and parcel of our spiritual life, adding how to eat healthy and how to stay healthy is a plus for me especially in a spiritual book
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
Agnes Masobeng
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 424
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agnes-masobeng.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Agnes Masobeng »

Just because the author did everything in his power to include almost everything a book can need : from health, comedy, religion etc etc the unbound soul deserves a perfect score
Death And Destruction Are Never Satisfied And Neither Are Human Eyes...Proverbs 27: 20
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

I really liked the book. I rated it 4 out 4. The book is intriguing and the author really did a good job from spirituality to healing and cut across other facet of life. Although, I did not approve some of the teachings.
raheela49
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by raheela49 »

"The Outbound Soul" is a very good read, by Richard L. Haight. You can understand what the author is trying to tell us, through his own journey, and how he makes a connection with his inner thoughts. However, some of his theories I may not agree with, but it is easy to relate to what he is trying to say. It is definitely a book worth reading.
Browlyns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browlyns.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Browlyns »

Personally I only enjoyed the humour in the book but I found some concepts a little hard to understand. I don't think many people will identify with this book.
Fatima_Palacios
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-palacios.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fatima_Palacios »

Feliceness wrote: 19 Apr 2019, 03:19 Hello Everyone,
I see there are many controversies surrounding The Unbound Soul. For me, it helped in my quest for spiritual awareness. No, I don't agree with everything Haight wrote. I appreciate the fact that he doesn't want the readers to agree with everything. He shares his own experiences and gives suggestions to others trying to find their own inspirience. I gave it 4 out of 4 stars because it helped me where I am now. I read it twice and I went on to listen to the audio of Inspirience: Meditation Unbound: The Unconditioned Path to Spiritual Awakening. I think both work together and any reader on a spiritual journey can take what they need from them.

I don't feel you can read them and come away with nothing useful for your life, but a reader would have to make that choice individually.
At first, I wasn't interested in reading this book but after seeing reviews like this I'm having second thoughts on it. I'm hoping to enjoy it as much as you did.
"and if I die trying, then at least I tried."
-Eiichiro Oda (Luffy)
Summer_Moon
Currently Reading: The Jurassic Chronicles (Future Chronicles #15)
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summer-moon.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin
Reading Device: 1400697565

Post by Summer_Moon »

I think this book really depends on who reads it. I am not fond of it, but others may like it. But would have to rate a 2 out of 4.

Return to “Discuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight”