Overall rating and opinion of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight

Use this forum to discuss the March 2019 Book of the month, "The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment" by Richard L. Haight
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for the March 2019 Book of the Month, The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment by Richard L. Haight

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on Bookshelves.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

I give it the perfect score. I liked the humor engrained within the text and the practical exercises the author had provided. I also appreciate the book's pristine editing and proofreading. Such an inspiring read!
PGreen
Currently Reading: Beneath the Muscle
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pgreen.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by PGreen »

I thought the first part was poorly written, but Parts 2-4 seemed to be written by a different author or professionally edited. Anyone else see this? I'm still trying to decide what I think of it. Overall, I think I would give it 3 stars. Some of it was just out of my grasp and the concepts new to me.
Delaney35
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delaney35.html
Latest Review: Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Post by Delaney35 »

I wasn't too fond of this book. Some of the ideas were not well explained and seemed vague. I'd give it 2 stars
maritzaalston
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maritzaalston.html
Latest Review: A Roadmap To Career Success by John G Bendt

Post by maritzaalston »

I rated 3 out of 4 stars. Overall I thought this book was well written and that the author conveyed his thoughts adequately. The first part of the book being the best. I found the second half of the book a bit tougher to get through since this is not a particular genre that I would normally read. But I believe the author describes his journey nicely and provides the reader with meaningful information on how to meditate and release negative energy. Is this a book that I would read again? Probably not. The author does make a few interesting points when he talks about self reflection.
bauer_ve
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bauer-ve.html
Latest Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Post by bauer_ve »

From the little that I have read so far, I can already tell this is going to be a 4 out of 4 star book! Adding humor to a spiritual self help book is absolutely amazing! There isn’t one thing I can think of that I don’t like about it. I would highly recommend it to everyone
maritzaalston
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maritzaalston.html
Latest Review: A Roadmap To Career Success by John G Bendt

Post by maritzaalston »

Yes "The Unbound Soul" is a book that truly depends on the reader. I believe that it will be a unique experience for each reader. The overall topic and theme may be the same but the personal experience/journey will be different. I agree that this is a book that could be recommended to all readers.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

I haven't read this book yet, but it is on my want to read shelf. I enjoy hearing the thoughts of those who have read it. I noticed someone said about practical exercises to do in the book. I like that concept. I believe this would would be an interesting book to read.
Mac :techie-reference:
aolayide
Currently Reading: Are Your Kids Naked Online?
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aolayide.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by aolayide »

My overall opinion of "The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight " is that it is full of spiritual insights and thought-provoking events. It made me reflect on the good or bad choices we make and I actually believe that what this author has written is a mirror for everyone. What I like least about the book is the beginning. I could not really follow the direction of the story until I got to Chapter 1. However, I would recommend this book to anyone who is on the verge of giving up or who thinks life lacks a purpose.
I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it is pretty straight forward and the experience of the author is properly illustrated and full of in-depth meanings.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by cpru68 »

I read the book, wrote a review and gave it a 3 out of 4 stars. I liked what he had to say about the instability of the mind and how we can be fooled by what we see. It really made sense to look deeper at what I believe and why.

Because I am improving my eating, I liked his discussion on food and taking care of the body. However, the part about frying up
a grub worm and eating it was a bit much! 😵

I found some of it hard to comprehend, and I tired of the word “isness”after awhile. I would say for those who like to read memoirs and spiritual material, I would recommend it. And like myself, take what resonates with the heart and leave the rest.
Everything happens for a reason...
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

I enjoyed reading this book. I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book had great and vividly described experiences which had a dash of humor. This made me appreciate the author's journey and his dedication to faith.
Delaney35
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delaney35.html
Latest Review: Lingering Poets by Logan Lamech

Post by Delaney35 »

cpru68 wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 01:45 I read the book, wrote a review and gave it a 3 out of 4 stars. I liked what he had to say about the instability of the mind and how we can be fooled by what we see. It really made sense to look deeper at what I believe and why.

Because I am improving my eating, I liked his discussion on food and taking care of the body. However, the part about frying up
a grub worm and eating it was a bit much! 😵

I found some of it hard to comprehend, and I tired of the word “isness”after awhile. I would say for those who like to read memoirs and spiritual material, I would recommend it. And like myself, take what resonates with the heart and leave the rest.
Some of it definitely was hard to take in. The bits about healthy eating was helpful though. I think everyone gets something different based on their beliefs though.
Michgal 32
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michgal-32.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Michgal 32 »

I believe that each reader will translate this book differently. Mostly because of individual beliefs and the way in which the author brought out his concept.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

I read, reviewed it and gave it a 4 out of 4 star rating. This book really made me think about my own life and the different paths I have taken to get to where I am today. It had a lot of pointers on how to make the road easier. Great book!!!
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
Ekta Kumari
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Humanity Must Survive the 21st Century by Theodore Vornicu
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari »

I really like the thought behind this book. Though it was hard to wrap my head around every experience the author has, I enjoyed reading about it; the touch of light humour in his writing makes it even more interesting. The fact that this book compels you to think about your own life and its direction is enough for me to recommend it to everyone.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant

Return to “Discuss "Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight”